Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

Leo C wrote:Has Meltzer ever actually given 5 stars to a Young Bucks match?
No. Which is amazing with the way he bends over backwards to defend them for things he would criticize guys in WWE or TNA or some other guys in ROH for doing.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Who will be Matt Taven's new Kingdom? Thinking ANX will join him. Not sure about a female...maybe Mandy Leon?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote:Who will be Matt Taven's new Kingdom? Thinking ANX will join him. Not sure about a female...maybe Mandy Leon?
Matt Taven does not need a Kingdom. Matt Taven doesn't need to be a significant player in ROH anymore, and I certainly don't want to see him getting too much mic time, a big push, or feuding with Adam Cole
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ANX/Taven could probably do some cool stuff together. If the "Sexual Taven" character is brought in from Beyond, they'd be a good match.

In other news, Cliff Compton retired recently and is apparently moving to Aruba. That second part could've been just a joke but the first part is true. I know he wasn't well liked around here, but I enjoyed watching him.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

So I started a project awhile back to try and watch every ROH show in order. I'm on the Driven PPV and I just had a quick question I was hoping someone who was watching at the time might have the answer to... Wtf is BJ Whitmer facing Naomichi Marufuji on PPV???Is that really the best they could do for Marufuji???
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

TYFDK wrote:ANX/Taven could probably do some cool stuff together. If the "Sexual Taven" character is brought in from Beyond, they'd be a good match.
Taven and ANX would be a real fun comedic group, that could have fun matches, but for the feud with Cole, it would need to be postponed till after I guess. Plus if you had Taven/ANX feud with Cole, does he stay solo, and beat them all except Taven?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROH TV now airs in Canada:
@LAWradio
Beginning Tuesday April 26th, Fight Network in Canada will be airing ROH's weekly television every Tuesday at 11pm ET following Impact
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The pairing of Taven/ANX is a faction that lacks far too much star power and lacks a great worker. I’m fine with Taven, but I don’t think he’s quite there enough to qualify for his own stable. He’s probably better suited to be the leading figure of a tag team.

And so far I am enjoying his program with Adam Cole. It’s already the most exciting thing he’s been given the chance to do and he’s been holding his own end of the bargain. While I don’t think Taven works well with everyone, I imagine that he and Cole will consistently have good matches during this feud.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Part 3 of The Colt Cabana Chronicles: Quest To Redefine His Legacy
Colt Cabana shocked the wrestling world at ROH’s Supercard of Honor X events recently in Dallas when he confronted and then competed against ROH World Champion Jay Lethal. It was the first time Cabana, once an ROH stalwart, had appeared in an ROH ring in nearly five years. This is the third and final installment of a series looking at Cabana’s unique and distinguished career.

Colt Cabana has competed all over the world and won a multitude of regional and tag team championships. He’s also carved a niche for himself outside the ring with his popular podcast and endeavors in the world of comedy.

However, there’s one glaring omission from Cabana’s impressive resume:

ROH World Champion.

He has challenged for the title on a number of occasions throughout his career and come close several times, including taking then-champion Bryan Danielson to a 60-minute draw in a two-out-of-three falls match in 2006.

Despite being a 17-year veteran, Cabana is still in his prime and believes his time is now.

That’s why he made his dramatic return to ROH two weeks ago during the first night of the Supercard of Honor X events in Dallas.

After ROH World Champion Jay Lethal had made yet another successful title defense, he boasted that there was no one left for him to face.

Like all of the fans in attendance, Lethal was shocked when Cabana showed up to take issue with the champion’s declaration.

Cabana said that he had always been content with his place on the card and his role as the guy who entertained the fans and made them laugh during his time in ROH, but that’s not how he wants to be remembered.

He talked about receiving phone calls over the years from ROH management asking him to return, but he always declined because he enjoyed the freedom of being his own boss.

When Cabana got the call this time, however, he had a different response.

“Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and know exactly what you want to be,” Cabana told Lethal. “I don’t want to be known as somebody’s friend.

“When I look back at my career … I’ve been doing this a long time, and I won’t be able to live with myself unless I am able to wear [the ROH World Championship belt] around my waist. You say that there’s nobody left. Well now there is.”

The next night, Lethal formally rejected Cabana’s challenge, opting to defend his title against Cheeseburger instead.

After Lethal defeated his game but overmatched challenger, Cabana again confronted him.

“Last night was not a publicity stunt,” Cabana said. “I am here in Ring of Honor because I want [the title].”

Cabana managed to goad Lethal into accepting an impromptu match. He proceeded to stun Lethal, the crowd in Dallas and the entire wrestling world by pinning the champion.

Unfortunately for Cabana, it was a non-title match, but now he doesn’t just think he can beat Lethal, he knows he can.

Time will tell if Cabana is able to win the big one when the title is on the line, but this much is certain:

Pro wrestling’s funny man is dead serious about redefining his legacy, and for Lethal, that’s no laughing matter.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ANX will be exactly who joins Taven. If I am wrong I'll admit that Kyle O'Reilly is a main eventer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

From PWInsider:
Frankie Kazarian has signed an exclusive deal here (ROH).

We continue to hear strong rumors the company will be introducing a new championship soon.
If I had to guess, I assume this would be a Women of Honor Title, because is there really need for a secondary singles title on the men's side? I don't think so...
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Serious question: if you're ROH, why would you sign Frankie Kazarian to a contract?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Burnside wrote:Serious question: if you're ROH, why would you sign Frankie Kazarian to a contract?
Because Christopher Daniels is helping more with the booking so he probably put in a good word.

Also, I think their signing more people in general. Rovert said he'd heard that they want 2/3's of the roster signed to exclusive deals by the end of the year with the 1/3 not signed being people who either won't or who have big enough names to justify them being used without a contract, e.g. Cabana, MCMG, etc.
The Dragon Saga

https://twitter.com/joeshendry/status/7 ... 1316830209

Joe Hendry @joeshendry
Joe Hendry makes things better but theres still so much to say. Joe Hendry makes things better for everyone in R...O...H @ringofhonor
Joe Hendry would be an awesome signing if this is true. Dude has "It".
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Burnside wrote:Serious question: if you're ROH, why would you sign Frankie Kazarian to a contract?
If you ever want to put the belts on The Addiction, then, why not?

Seriously, why not give Addiction the belts? Give me one good reason (a good reason other than Frankie Kazarian).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
https://twitter.com/joeshendry/status/7 ... 1316830209

Joe Hendry @joeshendry
Joe Hendry makes things better but theres still so much to say. Joe Hendry makes things better for everyone in R...O...H @ringofhonor
Joe Hendry would be an awesome signing if this is true. Dude has "It".
Joe Hendry is one of my favorite parts of ICW! Would be amazing if he's actually coming in, good lord I hope it's the truth.

EDIT: He attended the tryouts this past weekend, and he's now asking fans to retweet him if they want to see him in ROH. Got my hopes up a little bit. But he's at like 180 retweets at the time of me writing this.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The last time someone asked the fans to retweet him to be in ROH was Dylan Bostic and it probably costed him his place considering he apologized, deleted his message and we never seen him again since then.
ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I would love to see Joe Hendry in ROH, his entrances are made for a TV company. I´m sure he would be over with the crowd quickly like Castle.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So can someone give a bit of background on this Joe Hendry? He wrestles for ICW, but what else? Is he good (I've never seen him)? What's his character? What's his in-ring style like?
The Dragon Saga

His style is a mix of everything, he does a bit of everything but he's mostly ground and pound, think Timothy Thatcher except a lot more entertaining and charismatic. He covers/parodies different songs for his entrances and accompanies them with music videos that are always funny. He wrestles here in Ireland now and again for a promotion called OTT and is regularly one of the best guys on the shows.