Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

i think lethal reign has been awesome..the question is whos gonna be the next one:

cabana
kyle
cole
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote:i think lethal reign has been awesome..the question is whos gonna be the next one:

cabana
kyle
cole
Unfortunately it will be that midcarder at best even in ROH Kyle O'Reilly.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Cabana - no, for many reasons
O'Reilly - not over enough, needs to be completely rebuilt
Cole - good choice but we don't know his contract status
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Speaking of Adam Cole, he wrestled his first match this year in The United States, but outside of ROH & PWG, last Saturday (according to cagematch.net). The promotion was Premier Wrestling Federation in North Carolina. It was a 30:00 Time Limit Draw with Joseph Black for the PWF Shinjiro Otani Openweight Title.

Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Would this indicate that he's no longer under exclusive contract to ROH?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It's Corino's promotion so that might mean nothing, but you can also see signs that he might be on his way out sooner rather than later.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

...So the best option for the title from the way people have been booked is a 35 year old comedian who has wrestled one match for the company in 5 years.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

It's a bit insulting to call Cabana a "comedian".
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

True. Comedians are funny.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

lol
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

ROH star Moose's contract will expire on June 19. He was offered a spot on last year's Tough Enough, but it's unknown if there have been any conversations with the WWE past that.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i wish moose stays in roh.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I don't
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

WWE has so much talent now I'm not sure if there's room for him, unless they do some Spring cleaning on contracts soon.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Since Roddy's feud with Fish is done, I'd love to see him and Sydal join back up and team up doing Crossfit and Yoga together.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

On Moose, I guess it's going to depend on where he's at right now and what he wants to do. It seems like he's not in wrestling to get rich (he does have his earnings from the NFL, for one thing). If he was, he would have been in WWE two years ago. If he feels like now is the time, I'm sure he'd strongly consider taking a WWE offer. He could be swayed to stay in ROH if New Japan wants to bring him in, and that's something that might be very appealing to him. Moose being on the Honor Rising shows and, more specifically, him getting a match with Okada on live PPV (which, by the way, he apparently called that whole match, according to Meltzer) was done for a reason, and I wouldn't be shocked if something develops during the upcoming tour next month.

To be clear, I really don't care what Moose does either way. He can go to NXT or stay in ROH, it doesn't really matter to me. If he does decide to leave, I would assume Best In The World would be his last shows (It's after June 19th but I'm sure they'd work out a deal so he can do the PPV before he goes).
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

JTCole wrote:
ROH star Moose's contract will expire on June 19. He was offered a spot on last year's Tough Enough, but it's unknown if there have been any conversations with the WWE past that.
That would be so great, just get him away of ROH and give his spot to someone talented.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
JTCole wrote:
That would be so great, just get him away of ROH and give his spot to someone talented.
If Moose ends up a huge star elsewhere how would you react out of curiousity? Not saying Moose is guaranteed to be big outside ROH, nor am I trying to bait you, just asking a question.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

JTCole wrote:
JTCole wrote:
If Moose ends up a huge star elsewhere how would you react out of curiousity? Not saying Moose is guaranteed to be big outside ROH, nor am I trying to bait you, just asking a question.
I wouldn't mind that at all, I'd be happy for him. I'm just completely bored by his in-ring work and his lack of charisma, if he goes on to be a star in WWE, congratulations. But please stop him being put into prominent positions on ROH cards, he should be an undercarder at best and should not be working with the top stars, especially when much more capable guys like Castle are stuck in 6-Man Mayhems all the time.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Has Meltzer ever actually given 5 stars to a Young Bucks match?