Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently Meltzer reported on the WON Board that reDRagon are back to talking with ROH.

Also, here's an interesting take on the situation from Trevor The Irish Wrestling Fan:
@SoDuTw 4h4 hours ago Dublin City, Ireland
@ROHPittFan @garrettkidney @DeathToAllMarks As someone told me privately O'Reilly and Fish have nowhere to go so it's not a surprise they're
‏@SoDuTw 4h4 hours ago Dublin City, Ireland
@ROHPittFan @garrettkidney @DeathToAllMarks putting out there that contract negotiations are suddenly going smoothly.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

I like Bobby too, but Kyle NEEDS to stay, I would put the belt on him after his feud with Cole.
Big Red Machine wrote:
HonorLives wrote: When was it ever brought up that Castle wanted to prove his manhood to Silas? Also, I never felt that Silas was domination the match because Castle was unstable. In fact, they have done absolutely nothing to show any "instability" in Dalton Castle since he lost the Boys. He has been exactly the same as before, except maybe a tiny bit angrier. When someone says "unstable" I expect a violent rage, and if they say "unstable to the point where it is preventing him from winning matches," I expect to see a violent rage or a crazy fixation or something like that actually cost him some victories.
Well, at least that's what I perceived.

Since All Star Extravaganza, Castle has been more serious than ever during his matches and his promos. He wanted to get revenge on Silas, so his approach was slightly different than his usual routine. Their match was more physical than the previous ones and that's why Silas had the upper hand at the beginning.

Sorry for the late reply.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng
The Day 2 of @ringofhonor Japan tour at Korakuen Hall has already been sold out.

Amazing.

Great news for ROH here!
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

Imagine how much better ROH would be if Evolve went away.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

jjankows wrote:Imagine how much better ROH would be if Evolve went away.
This seems like such a weird statement to make that I would love to see your math behind it.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

You would have a bigger talent pool for the shows if Evolve went away tomorrow.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

jjankows wrote:You would have a bigger talent pool for the shows if Evolve went away tomorrow.
The easiest argument against this is that they still have a limited budget and they wouldn't be able to book everyone, anyways.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Is anyone doing year end awards for the board? Like not necessarily the super in-depth mulit-level balloting that was done last year, but just a couple basic polls for match of the year, wrestler of the year, etc.?
theskeep

Post by theskeep »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
jjankows wrote:You would have a bigger talent pool for the shows if Evolve went away tomorrow.
The easiest argument against this is that they still have a limited budget and they wouldn't be able to book everyone, anyways.
Facts. I love when nerds do fantasy booking with unlimited money LOL
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

theskeep wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Facts. I love when nerds do fantasy booking with unlimited money LOL
I think it'd only take two or three names to make a big difference in ROH (especially if we could replace Delirious with Gabe, too, but that one is unfortunately never happening).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I want to see Ultimate Endurance return this year.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

TMDK has left Pro Wrestling NOAH.

As soon as Haste heals up, I would love to see them in ROH.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They've been rumored in NXT for quite some time and were waiting for paperwork to be done apparently.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Congrats to Mike Bennett for getting more than he should from TNA. Even with Taven not being hurt as bad as peeps thought, please close the Kingdom.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Keith_from_MN

Post by Keith_from_MN »

jjankows wrote:Imagine how much better ROH would be if Evolve went away.
If ROH really wanted anyone from Evolve they could get them. Evolve runs about 12 shows a year in front of 100-200 people ;it's a payday, but I don't think anyone's making a significant percentage of their income from Evolve dates.
Bucky Katt

Post by Bucky Katt »

I figured if Taven was going to leave after his contract expires in a couple months anyways that you might as well have Kyle beat him in a loser leaves town match.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Bucky Katt wrote:I figured if Taven was going to leave after his contract expires in a couple months anyways that you might as well have Kyle beat him in a loser leaves town match.
Interesting thought. Although, something else to consider: Taven is on the poster for Dallas.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I think it would make a really big challenge to find a logical way to book that match without booking Kyle vs. Cole in a loser leaves town soon thereafter
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I've heard a number of people speculating recently that both Karl Anderson & Rocky Romero are bound for NXT sometime in 2016. Has anyone else heard these rumors and what do you think about them?