Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by WHG »

I read the comments about TNA teasing additional programming as likely aimed at Maria (who else would be a candidate for something like that?), so I agree that she and Bennett would be likely ones to leave.

I've said it before, but I'd let Maria and Bennett walk in a heartbeat (Taven can go, too) to give that $ to Lethal, Fish and O'Reilly.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

WHG wrote:I read the comments about TNA teasing additional programming as likely aimed at Maria (who else would be a candidate for something like that?), so I agree that she and Bennett would be likely ones to leave.

I've said it before, but I'd let Maria and Bennett walk in a heartbeat (Taven can go, too) to give that $ to Lethal, Fish and O'Reilly.
24/7 ads for Big Mike selling mattresses, of course. "You gotta sleep."
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Fawrules wrote:24/7 ads for Big Mike selling mattresses, of course. "You gotta sleep."
Ha. Yes.

With Taven and Bennett on the TV, that's easy. Let them go. Please.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

The question is would it be a good idea for wrestlers to join TNA even if they can offer good money due to the bad rep the company has built up over the past few years? Shouldn't it be a concern that TNA keeps bouncing around from station to station, have been light on running shows, things often come up that leads to events they do schedule being cancelled and the company has had a rep for late pay? Also, how do you know if TNA will not try to cut your pay once it comes time for contract renewal? TNA has to prove they can fix all these issues.

The New Japan thing is interesting. Even if TNA caves in and allows people to work New Japan, would New Japan like the idea of their guys working for TNA?

As for Dave thinking about when Lethal may lose the title, I wonder if he is getting the impression that there is a strong chance of leaving and that is why he is throwing things out there like having Elgin take the title.

One thing for sure, i don't think anybody is making the move to NXT. Dave was still stressing in the newsletter that WWE is still unwilling to offer but money for people to work NXT.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Dave is completely out of touch with the ROH product, and has been for a long time. I'd be shocked if he had seen a single show this year which wasn't either a PPV or had New Japan guys on it. He's probably watched some of the TV if someone told him something was good, but I highly doubt he even watches the TV regularly, never mind other shows.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Big Red Machine wrote:Dave is completely out of touch with the ROH product, and has been for a long time. I'd be shocked if he had seen a single show this year which wasn't either a PPV or had New Japan guys on it. He's probably watched some of the TV if someone told him something was good, but I highly doubt he even watches the TV regularly, never mind other shows.
Yeah, I listened to the audio and even more shocking than the Elgin prediction is that he couldn't figure out the tag title match because the Kingdom aren't signed but he can't see them putting the titles on War Machine and if they did it'd be just to get the belts off of them because they had to. I mean, if Hanson and Rowe aren't a clear case of long term grooming for titles I don't know what is.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

It looks like the same report he makes everytime some contracts are close to expire.
The same guys are supposed to be in WWE or TNA since 2012.
SBG spends more money now than ever before, i don't know why they would leave now.
I think every wrestlers working for NJPW at the same time aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

WHG wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Dave is completely out of touch with the ROH product, and has been for a long time. I'd be shocked if he had seen a single show this year which wasn't either a PPV or had New Japan guys on it. He's probably watched some of the TV if someone told him something was good, but I highly doubt he even watches the TV regularly, never mind other shows.
Yeah, I listened to the audio and even more shocking than the Elgin prediction is that he couldn't figure out the tag title match because the Kingdom aren't signed but he can't see them putting the titles on War Machine and if they did it'd be just to get the belts off of them because they had to. I mean, if Hanson and Rowe aren't a clear case of long term grooming for titles I don't know what is.
I actually do think War Machine are kind of a weird fit for champs in as much as there are 4 or 5 better teams in ROH right now, Rowe is kinda not so great, and they can't talk at all. If they were heels and had a manager some of that would be ameliorated.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I don't disagree on the general sentiment on Hanson & Rowe at all, but because you can see what they've been doing with them for the last 18 mos, it seems clear to me they're winning. If they don't, they are in kind of a "so...what now?" position. Hopefully it won't be a long reign, though.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Burnside wrote:I actually do think War Machine are kind of a weird fit for champs in as much as there are 4 or 5 better teams in ROH right now, Rowe is kinda not so great, and they can't talk at all. If they were heels and had a manager some of that would be ameliorated.
The "build-up" to their title match reflects that : they basically just won a bunch of matches and then they got a title shot. Like most of Delirious' booking, it makes sense but isn't very interesting. Frankly, I kinda forgot about them at points during the last six months.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

I liked the set up of War Machine's challenge, on the last TV before ASE they destroyed the Kingdom, so it makes sense for them to get a title shot. It would've been good if they had mentioned this on TV at some point after the PPV though.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think War Machine could have a really good reign as tag team champions. I'm already interested in the prospect of them vs. Anderson and Gallows. They could also do a match with Archer & Smyth or even defend the titles in both NOAH and NJPW respectively which could be cool. I'd like to see an actual hate built feud between them and The Briscoes, if not for the guaranteed physicality then at least for Jay to call them, "jacked up jellybean motherfuckers!"
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

They've been built up well bus still kind of kept out of the Bucks/Addiction/reDRagon/Kingdom group that's been facing ach other in various combinations over and over for the last year. So if War Machine gets the titles it will feel a lot fresher than one of the aforementioned teams winning again, even if they aren't the best team in the division. And that's not to say they're inferior; I think they can definitely hold their own against anyone in ROH. Really they just need a little more personality in the ring in my opinion.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

I used to dislike Truth Martini basically for no reason, then I listened to his interview during Colt's podcast and I now I have huge respect for the guy.

Am I right assuming that Adam Page is going to turn on BJ Whitmer very soon?

I really appreciated the fact that Cole used the Figure Four against Kyle because it was the move that gave him the win in theie Hybrid Rules Match. I also liked the the fact that Castle wanted to prove to Silas he is a man by going all out and Silas dominating the match because Castle was too unstable... or even the fact that Lethal lost 3/4 times in the last month to tease his weaknesses and then we won a match nobody believed he could win by himself. Gotta give it to Delirious, the characters have been pretty consistent.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those who may have missed it, The Briscoes were revealed to be the mystery partners for Toru Yano at Wrestle Kingdom X. So it'll be Toru Yano & The Briscoes against The Bullet Club trio of Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, & Yujiro Takahashi.

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I wish Mark Briscoe would become serious, he could be just as big a name as his brother
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
dirty

Post by dirty »

Mike Adamle wrote:I wish Mark Briscoe would become serious, he could be just as big a name as his brother
I don't have the historical knowledge on ROH that the rest of this board has(recent fan but love it now) - so I don't know if they've done something like this with him before -anyway they could twist his "crazy" persona to a darker place and he's kind of be a bad guy - think joker for easy reference. Don't know if it'd work for sure but I don't think it'd be a huge stretch.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Who does anyone want to see face Roddy in #RoddyvsTheWorld?

I love the concept. Hope we get random challenges from jobbers and outsiders, like anyone from CMLL, New Japan, and PCW.

Roddy vs. El Ligero, please.
Keith_from_MN

Post by Keith_from_MN »

Mike Adamle wrote:I wish Mark Briscoe would become serious, he could be just as big a name as his brother
Jay's always been the more consistent singles performer, though. I'm struggling to think of any main event level Mark Briscoe matches that weren't opposite Samoa Joe or Jay Briscoe.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:They've been built up well bus still kind of kept out of the Bucks/Addiction/reDRagon/Kingdom group that's been facing ach other in various combinations over and over for the last year. So if War Machine gets the titles it will feel a lot fresher than one of the aforementioned teams winning again, even if they aren't the best team in the division. And that's not to say they're inferior; I think they can definitely hold their own against anyone in ROH. Really they just need a little more personality in the ring in my opinion.
And not only will they allow for a bunch of fresh match-ups, but when was the last time we had a monster babyface team?