Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ColourMeCurious

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I don't trust the whole "Decade won't be at Final Battle" stip. I am sure they have to be doing something. But with Corino being Mr. Wrestling III on commentary this weekend, I wonder if they will try and do something with that. There has to be some sort of payoff right? Its been 25 years of build up...

I think I read that Colby goes to Zero1 in January. Are they just going to forget him? I wish they would give him a match or something with someone within a 100 pounds of his weight. The kid is really talented.

Has anyone thought that Corino will end up managing someone against BJ? At first I was skeptical about the neck injury, but then I saw the scar on Twitter. I've never been a big Corino fan, but I did gain a lot of respect for him with that last promo. That being said, I did enjoy the storytelling of BJ and Corino. Just wish there was a payoff.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I miss Dave Prazak. Why did he leave?
WHG

Post by WHG »

ColourMeCurious wrote:I don't trust the whole "Decade won't be at Final Battle" stip. I am sure they have to be doing something. But with Corino being Mr. Wrestling III on commentary this weekend, I wonder if they will try and do something with that. There has to be some sort of payoff right? Its been 25 years of build up...

I think I read that Colby goes to Zero1 in January. Are they just going to forget him? I wish they would give him a match or something with someone within a 100 pounds of his weight. The kid is really talented.

Has anyone thought that Corino will end up managing someone against BJ? At first I was skeptical about the neck injury, but then I saw the scar on Twitter. I've never been a big Corino fan, but I did gain a lot of respect for him with that last promo. That being said, I did enjoy the storytelling of BJ and Corino. Just wish there was a payoff.
I'm sure we'll get a promo/confrontation of some kind at Final Battle. It looks like we're heading toward an Adam Page face turn based on recent TV. For me, though, the quarter-fisted KO was the perfect payoff, however unintended that was. After months and months of goading, Corino finally stopped taking it. The crowd popped and it was a great segment...far better than the FWO as a match would have been.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

They could still do a match at the Anniversary Show, BITW or something like that. Or even FB '17 lol
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Burnside wrote:Why is nobody talking about the coloring book.

DRAW COOL TATTOOS ON THE BRISCOES.
I was about to come on post the same thing. Why have we not had a backstage segment with Cheeseburger and Jushin Thunder Liger coloring it in backstage!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Sardonic Artery wrote:Does anyone actually own a replica belt? That just seems odd to me.
How about one of those weird title belt rings. I can understand someone buying a replica belt as toy for a child or for use as a prop, but those rings are so silly and gaudy that I really cannot envision anyone buying them.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

lariat_tubman wrote:
Burnside wrote:Why is nobody talking about the coloring book.

DRAW COOL TATTOOS ON THE BRISCOES.
I was about to come on post the same thing. Why have we not had a backstage segment with Cheeseburger and Jushin Thunder Liger coloring it in backstage!
Awesome.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Did we ever learn the identities of any of the various ninjas that appeared in the dark matches during the (I think) 08- 09 era?

Now you have to admit, that is one random thought
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DBSommer wrote:Did we ever learn the identities of any of the various ninjas that appeared in the dark matches during the (I think) 08- 09 era?

Wait, this seriously happened?
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Does anyone here like Mike Posey or think he's a good wrestler?

If so, I just have to tell you your opinion is wrong.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
DBSommer wrote:Did we ever learn the identities of any of the various ninjas that appeared in the dark matches during the (I think) 08- 09 era?

Wait, this seriously happened?
Liquid Ninja was the man.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Mike Posey as a wrestler isn't going to blow anyone's minds, but I'm sure he's a good hand to have. I really want to see his posse.

And the Ninjas were more than likely just students in get-up during dark matches in the HDNet era. Only time they were really seen on TV were when the Briscoes were disguised as a couple of them and attacked the KOW.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

I've said it before, but I really like what ROH did with Adam Page. Normally, he'd just be bullied by the Decade then turn face. Instead, he stayed heel, got his own young boy, and kept things going.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Ya, what Adam Page has turned into is great, but lately I've been thinking... what is the decade?

It started out as three guys who had been with the company for a decade or more, off and on in some cases. The Decade. Makes sense.

Now it's one guy who has been with the company for twelve years, off and on, one guy who has been with the company for just shy of three years, and the colour commentator's kid. The Decade.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think The Decade has had 3 incarnations:

Roddy, Jacobs, BJ Decade
BJ, Jacobs Decade
BJ Decade

I think every incarnation has had a different agenda and goals, for me the best way to follow the group is for Page to kickout BJ and be the leader of the group, having his own young boys and stuff before ending the group. It would be great storyline progression with Page if they do that.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I think the idea is that The Decade was successful at the beginning, with Page becoming great.
Then Whitmer became selfish, kicked everyone out one by one and now he causes Adam Page's defeat, being more concerned by his own grievance against Corino.
ImageImage
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Why can't Dalton Castle get new Boys?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Why can't Dalton Castle get new Boys?
What a heartless question. As if the boys are just interchangeable cogs.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Because sometimes you have to lose someone(s) before realising how much they mean to you. Those white boys he sometimes had are meaningless to Dalton. The Tate Twins are who he really needs.
Last Real Man Hype
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If you listen to Mike Elgin's promos, you will hear the most insecure man in wrestling today.