Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yes. Marketh should pull a Barry Horowitz and give himself a pat on the back.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

RUMOUR BY VOW: This is not double sourced, so treat it like a rumor, but I'm told Sami Callihan is close to an ROH/NJPW deal.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

That's probably why he hasn't been booked in a lot of indy promotions by now.
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very interesting news. It'd be really interesting to see him in ROH. Figured he would be a shoe-in to go back to Evolve & CZW, given his past ties with them (he still could). It's been awhile since he's been on the indies, so there will be a ton of fresh matches for him regardless.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

LOL wrong thread

Callahan in ROH could be cool. Hopefully his promo ability is better than it used to be.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Never been a big Callihan fan. Don't see the big deal. But he has a bit of internet fondness to him so that's always welcome, I guess.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Have we ever seen Samson Walker against BCB? If not, I want to see it.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTGrasby wrote:Have we ever seen Samson Walker against BCB? If not, I want to see it.
I've been decently impressed with Walker this year and would like to see him get more opportunities to really show what he can do.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The winner in the ROH Forum Feud Of The Year: Thelone vs. Joeism by a landslide.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BCB AND SILAS YOUNG: NEXT TAG CHAMPS
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:The winner in the ROH Forum Feud Of The Year: Thelone vs. Joeism by a landslide.
This is not even a grudge feud :lol: at least TheLone always post about ROH/Wrestling even if he doesn´t like anything about it so i don´t mind.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Never been a big Callihan fan. Don't see the big deal. But he has a bit of internet fondness to him so that's always welcome, I guess.
this pretty much sums up my feelings as well.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

dark patriot wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Never been a big Callihan fan. Don't see the big deal. But he has a bit of internet fondness to him so that's always welcome, I guess.
this pretty much sums up my feelings as well.
To me his appeal was always the fact that he was just a vile, disgusting, vulgar, in your face character. He looks weird, he always seems to be slobbering and blowing snot, he has a grating voice, and from his past deathmatch experience you know he's willing to do anything. Honestly he's just unpleasant to look at, and that's part of what makes him stand out.
There are way too many people (especially heels) that try to look tough and cool. Callihan throws all that to the side and just charges forward full speed. He's different, and different is good.
Maybe part of his problem in NXT was that he was toned down, given a slick package, and lost what made him stand out in the first place.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

I'm meh on Callihan, too, but I appreciate the points made above.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Also, despite Roddy's great year, I'm still disappointed that Lethal's lengthy TV title reign got jobbed out to him. Face a champion enough times and you, too, can get lucky and hold a title eventually. Story of Roddy's career.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Sardonic Artery wrote:Also, despite Roddy's great year, I'm still disappointed that Lethal's lengthy TV title reign got jobbed out to him. Face a champion enough times and you, too, can get lucky and hold a title eventually. Story of Roddy's career.
I thought they did a great of making sure to not frame his feud with Tyler and eventual victory in that light.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Sardonic Artery wrote:Also, despite Roddy's great year, I'm still disappointed that Lethal's lengthy TV title reign got jobbed out to him. Face a champion enough times and you, too, can get lucky and hold a title eventually. Story of Roddy's career.
It does seem ridiculous that that was the ending they came up with for Lethal's epic TV title run. 18 months and then...he just kinda lost the belt in a good match. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but probably something more interesting/dramatic than what we got.

Probably part of the problem is/was Roddy's bland babyface character and his inability to contribute good promos to this feud.
Sardonic Artery

Burnside wrote:
It does seem ridiculous that that was the ending they came up with for Lethal's epic TV title run. 18 months and then...he just kinda lost the belt in a good match. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but probably something more interesting/dramatic than what we got.

Probably part of the problem is/was Roddy's bland babyface character and his inability to contribute good promos to this feud.
Yup. Didn't help that Nigel literally said, "Lethal's not that fair from the ropes" right before he tapped fairly quickly. And then, of course, a couple rounds of "HE HAS DONE IT!" from Kevin Kelly. That's the kind of repetitive video game commentary I mute.

But hey, at least they didn't do the bit with two refs counting a pinfall victory for a different man.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Doesn't help that they're desperately trying to push this feud as the greatest thing in the universe even though it's been nothing special.

Also, I don't think the TV title needs more rebuilding at this point. There's a sea of midcarders doing nothing of note for what feels like forever now, it's time to use the title to elevate a bunch of them.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Did they even mention this is the second time Roddy's beaten Lethal for that belt?

I don't really understand putting the belt on Strong anyway. He didn't need the rub, and his reign feels flat and I'm guessing will be transitional. But a new babyface like Castle or Hanson taking the belt off Lethal could have been a star-making moment.