Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DBSommer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by DBSommer »

dhads7161 wrote: Page is the total package yet he's BJ and Colby Corino's third wheel. Only thing about him I don't like is that horrible apron shooting star press.
Actually I find that one my favorite moves of his. *shrug*
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:Almost 15 years after his dad @KINGCorino made his debut there, @Generation_Ace will travel to Japan to train and wrestle for #ZERO1
So... he's gone from ROH?
ZERO1 works in tours. He's probably on the next tour or something. Gone temporarily.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I think he is going on a six month tour. Probably what the kid needs to get bigger and better. I've seen him work on the Indies and he is super talented, but needs to put on weight.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ColourMeCurious wrote:I think he is going on a six month tour. Probably what the kid needs to get bigger and better. I've seen him work on the Indies and he is super talented, but needs to put on weight.
This would also have him out of the way until the feud with Steve can continue.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Rumors have already floated that Solomon Crowe has asked for his release from WWE. Snatch that guy up now!
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is Watanabe's excursion over?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

dhads7161 wrote:Is Watanabe's excursion over?
He is back in NJPW working full time. .
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

GardenStateSaint wrote:Rumors have already floated that Solomon Crowe has asked for his release from WWE. Snatch that guy up now!
I wasn't a huge fan of his intitial short ROH run, but I am a really big fan of the guy and he got so much better in the years following. He was my favourite indy worker when he was snatched up for NXT.

I'm sad to see him not work out in NXT, but happy at the prospects of seeing him back tearing it up on the indy scene with a bunch of new guys. I think he'd fit right in with today's ROH product.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Nice to see War Machine embrace their look as bears with the leather. Next step: More Judas Priest, more baby oil.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Sardonic Artery wrote:Nice to see War Machine embrace their look as bears with the leather. Next step: More Judas Priest Jimmy Hart, more baby oil.

And they need an over-the-top manager to give their gimmick one component too many—they need Truth Martini.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Crowe deserves a shot, not a regular spot right of the gate but i wouldn´t mind if he gets a match in a house show to see if he impress.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Callihan would be a good addition to the roster. He's proven he can go at a high level and he's got the character and charisma for TV. Bring him in with a short midcard feud and purpose right off the bat rather than with special attraction matches. If it really succeeds let him grow naturally from there. If for whatever reason it's not a success ROH hasn't really lost anything.
I'm can't figure out why he hasn't really seemed to connect in NXT.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Was Callihan in ROH for a spell in 2009? Memory is hazy.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Callihan got the best match out of Skullkrusher Rasche Brown's brief tenure. To me, a ***3/4 match in under 10 minutes with that guy earns you a roster spot.

Not to mention he was very entertaining in his other lowcard matches and even better (if overrated a bit) in other indies.
Last Real Man Hype
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Was Callihan in ROH for a spell in 2009? Memory is hazy.
He had some matches in 2009, but wasn't a prominent figure in the company.

I have a DVD here - Eliminating the Competition - where he faces Aries in my favourite Callihan ROH match.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Marketh. wrote: Not to mention he was very entertaining in his other lowcard matches and even better (if overrated a bit) in other indies.
I never found him to be entertaining on the undercard at all. He was a guy with a weird nickname and a weird hair that they never did anything with. He never seemed like a guy worth bringing in to me until about 2013.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Callihan would be a good addition to the roster. He's proven he can go at a high level and he's got the character and charisma for TV. Bring him in with a short midcard feud and purpose right off the bat rather than with special attraction matches.
This! Sometimes they need to get away from the Indie dream match style booking or appearance they go for, as certain dates here and there including a taping or two could make some nice short little feuds and programs. With this you get to see what works and if it doesn't pan out you haven't got to worry a guy filling up on the roster that provides nothing special.

Sardonic Artery wrote:Nice to see War Machine embrace their look as bears with the leather. Next step: More Judas Priest, more baby oil.
This really cracked me up, with this ROH could market to a whole new audience Dragon Gate style.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i would like to see marty scurll in roh ...he could be a very amazing heel
Jack

Post by Jack »

He's not a heel.... He's a villain!

But yeah, seriously he'd be a great addition.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Anyone else impressed with the mileage we've gotten out of this thread?