Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Marketh. »

I'll back thelone up too, I don't consider him a troll and find that he backs up his opinions whether I agree or not.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I went too far with the troll thing sorry for that but i am the most opposite possible from his opinion that reacted that way.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:LOL They only book 10% of the guys that go to the seminars
That's still way too much considering the level of some of the scrubs they brought recently and guys like Jay Daddiesel wasting a roster spot for no reason, but I was talking about the seminars/tryouts themselves actually. I'm pretty sure NXT does some screening before the actual tryout while ROH takes anyone who's willing to fork the cash for their scaminars no matter how shitty they are.

Also, you have the obvious issue of SBG being a bunch of cheapskates and snubbing the bigger names because they probably ask for more than a can of Coke to be booked. How many times have we read "X and Y were on a seminar recently", then nothing ?
WWE/NXT tryouts are just that: tryouts. From what we've known it's a ton of conditioning, calisthenics, see if you have what it takes to make WWE, etc.
ROH on the other hand are running training seminars. As in they actually train you. So people aren't paying money just to get booked or try to get an ROH spot but to actually learn and get better. I don't see how that's a scam. And of course ROH are picking standouts from those seminars in hopes of building them into stars. To not do so would just be dumb.
They're two different things, and shouldn't be compared as the same thing.

I also don't think the issue is that ROH/SBG is unwilling to pay proven talent. They're signing people to exclusive contracts that provide a comfortable life. They pay presumably big money to a lot of non-exclusive or uncontracted talent. Not everyone on the roster can be "best of the indies" and to think there is a budget to do so is a bit silly. If they have to give a couple roster spots to dojo guys rather than someone like Trevor Lee so they can pay for AJ Styles, Matt Sydal, NJPW fly-ins, the Young Bucks, etc. I'll take that any day.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm convinced that Dalton Castle will be the next guy when or if Cole ever gets plucked up. I know a lot of people are always on and on about Kyle. Though I can definitely see him as World Champion I couldn't see him as the man like Cole, Steen, Nigel, Bryan, and Joe were.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i change my mind,roh please sing maria and the kingdom forever

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

I don't know about cost of renting it but The Eagles Ballroom could be a good venue change for the Milwaukee shows in the future.

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So apparently Zack Sabre Jr. is going to be finishing up with NOAH soon. Could this open the door for an appearance in ROH?
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So apparently Zack Sabre Jr. is going to be finishing up with NOAH soon. Could this open the door for an appearance in ROH?
He'd be a welcome addition in my book.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Most underrated member of the current roster? I gotta say Adam Page.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dhads7161 wrote:Most underrated member of the current roster? I gotta say Adam Page.
matt sydal
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

dhads7161 wrote:Most underrated member of the current roster? I gotta say Adam Page.
Honestly? Brutal Bob, Adam Page, BJ Whitmer, and Cheeseburger have been terrific in the roles they have been placed in and have really over-performed in my eyes.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Honestly? Brutal Bob, Adam Page, BJ Whitmer, and Cheeseburger have been terrific in the roles they have been placed in and have really over-performed in my eyes.
Page is the total package yet he's BJ and Colby Corino's third wheel. Only thing about him I don't like is that horrible apron shooting star press.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Once you get used to the fact it's a Shooting Star shoulder tackle, I find it gets easier to take.
Last Real Man Hype
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

I would absolutely agree that Page is the real deal and found his groove with BJ. I'm not sure where to go from here with him or how to eventually separate him from BJ. He'd be a great candidate to take the TV title from Roddy but I don't see, whether it's a year or two years, how he and BJ go their separate ways.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

I'm almost tempted to say Bennett, because he doesn't seem very well liked as a performer, yet I always find his matches, at least, entertaining. He's a very solid talent and one the roster would miss in his absence.

Page is a good choice, but I might pull one out of left field here: The Beer City Bruiser is a really good big man. Especially in ROH where you often have a lot of generic smaller guys, it's nice to have a guy like Bruiser around.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Good to see I'm not alone on this. BJ Whitmer is easily the best heel I know of anywhere right now, Adam Page has came on leaps and bounds since joining him and Bob and Cheeseburger have been given five minute segments sparingly on shows and almost every time deliver something entertaining. All four have been given chances and delivered.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Almost 15 years after his dad @KINGCorino made his debut there, @Generation_Ace will travel to Japan to train and wrestle for #ZERO1
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

dhads7161 wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Page is the total package yet he's BJ and Colby Corino's third wheel. Only thing about him I don't like is that horrible apron shooting star press.
Yup. I hate that move, too.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:Almost 15 years after his dad @KINGCorino made his debut there, @Generation_Ace will travel to Japan to train and wrestle for #ZERO1
So... he's gone from ROH?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Mike0284 wrote:I don't know about cost of renting it but The Eagles Ballroom could be a good venue change for the Milwaukee shows in the future.
Please no. Have you ever been to the Rave/Eagles Ballroom? I hate having to go there for shows (unfortunately the only venue in the area that gets major metal bands). Turner Hall is sooo much nicer.

I think they had an ECW show or two at the Eagles Ballroom back in the day, but I'm hoping ROH doesn't mind the smaller capacity at Turner Hall in exchange for the great atmosphere. I love going to that place.