Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JTGrasby

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by JTGrasby »

Purchased my first lot of DVD's through the official ROH website.

I wouldn't normally do it, because I'm in Australia and the cost for postage is ridiculous, but I really wanted both the Jay Lethal and Adam Cole DVD sets and they don't sell them anywhere around here. The cost to get two $6.99 DVD's sent over here ... you wouldn't want to know. Going to be good additions to my small collection.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Ferrara has had enough decent matches and bright spots that I think it's worth keeping him around for a while. I'm not a fan of when they put him against main event level guys (because actual squashes don't really happen in ROH) or heavily feature him on precious TV time, but he's perfectly good for an episode of TV here and there and on the undercards of VOD shows.
He's better than a couple other guys on the roster, just too bland.

I've never cared for J. Diesel's character, and his work in the ring or as a character certainly hasn't done anything to win me over. The HOT enforcer role is passable as long as it's limited, but after this incarnation breaks up there's no reason to hold a roster spot open.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jesus Christ, I never thought I would see this much space in the forum dedicated to J. Diesel.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Jesus Christ, I never thought I would see this much space in the forum dedicated to J. Diesel.
We need to talk about someone who truly deserves the attention.

Of course I'm talking about Cheeseburger.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Least Cheeseburger's over in some markets.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Least Cheeseburger's over in some markets.
Like the New Japan locker room.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Cheeseburger/Bob feud has provided two damn entertaining matches this year.
Last Real Man Hype
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Jesus Christ, I never thought I would see this much space in the forum dedicated to J. Diesel.
It's about J. Diesel's awfulness, which is great, and therefore there is a great deal of lamentations dedicated to it. He might be the one guy whom no one can say anything good about.

we could talk about Cole's greatness, but much ado has been done with it. He's still great, though.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

BCB looks pretty dashing in purple.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

BCB becoming Castle's "boy" as the result of some sort of stipulation could be hilarious.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So apparently there's going to be a random Ring of Honor sanctioned match between ANX & War Machine taking place this Thursday in Tulsa, Oklahoma.....what?

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I believe its a local promotions group, don't know why they're doing the event, maybe for charity? But it doesn't hurt ROH to get even a little local exposure considering they now tour Tulsa.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So apparently there's going to be a random Ring of Honor sanctioned match between ANX & War Machine taking place this Thursday in Tulsa, Oklahoma.....what?
I've always liked the idea of organizations having sanctioned matches in other promotions. ROH did do it with PWX when Cedric got a title shot against Steen on a PWX card. Ciampa had 2 overseas TV Title matches with I think WXW. Hell, I've been watching some of the Chikara stuff and when Quack won the NWA Jr Title in Japan (yeah, the one Liger won and lost recently) he defended it in Chikara against some Japan regulars, like Black Tiger and Reijin. Come to think of it didn't the Big Bang have Zack Salvation in a local promotion's title match on the card?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Marketh. wrote:The Cheeseburger/Bob feud has provided two damn entertaining matches this year.
That's just two entertaining matches in a feud that has been going on since early March, and has barely moved forward.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTGrasby wrote:BCB looks pretty dashing in purple.
Based on his physique, I don't think BCB has ever done anything dashingly in his life.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Big Red Machine wrote:
JTGrasby wrote:BCB looks pretty dashing in purple.
Based on his physique, I don't think BCB has ever done anything dashingly in his life.
Never judge a book by its cover, even when that cover is shaped like a tyre and covered in grease and mud.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Marketh. wrote:The Cheeseburger/Bob feud has provided two damn entertaining matches this year.
That's just two entertaining matches in a feud that has been going on since early March, and has barely moved forward.
Is that really much to bother about? This feud has had like three things - the Bob heel turn, match #1 and match #2. All roughly 2-3 months apart from each other with nothing inbetween and 2/3 of those have been tonnes of fun. It's not like they've been interfering in each others' matches and cutting promos on each other every show since this has started, that would be excruciating.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently Kevin Kelly confirmed on the most recent episode of his podcast that he & Matt Striker will be returning to New Japan to do English Commentary for Wrestle Kingdom X.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Marketh. wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Is that really much to bother about? This feud has had like three things - the Bob heel turn, match #1 and match #2. All roughly 2-3 months apart from each other with nothing inbetween and 2/3 of those have been tonnes of fun. It's not like they've been interfering in each others' matches and cutting promos on each other every show since this has started, that would be excruciating.
I wouldn't have had a problem with it if it hadn't been featured on TV
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Apparently Kevin Kelly confirmed on the most recent episode of his podcast that he & Matt Striker will be returning to New Japan to do English Commentary for Wrestle Kingdom X.
Gross.