Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

Cedric is still young and he is a good hand that can have good matches, no way they are cutting him anytime soon.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think that heel cedric is good,some heat from the crowd and he and veda make a very nice team

he needs a strong booking now, he is very good and very young too
WHG

Post by WHG »

Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:i want a briscoe vs lethal rematch before the end of 2015
The fact that this seems to have been completely forgotten is really bugging me. Shouldn't Briscoe be itching for his rematch? He was still feuding with Lethal for a month after Best in the World, but with no mention of a rematch whatsoever, and now that feud seems to have totally ended.
I'm actually fine with this. Don't book a match you don't have a good finish to. You really don't want to hand Briscoe another clean loss right now and a screwy finish will just piss people off and not do anything for Lethal, so why bother?

Storyline wise, Briscoe spent practically 2 years obsessively chasing or defending the title. I don't think it's unrealistic that he'd want to step back for a period of time and refocus on teaming with his brother before going back after the title. Holding the ROH title is supposed to take a lot out of you (hence the lack of 2-time champions). Waiting a while to ask for a rematch might be a smart thing to do.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Yeah, Briscoe's reaction to losing to Lethal was almost like relief.
Last Real Man Hype
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Big Red Machine wrote:
The fact that this seems to have been completely forgotten is really bugging me. Shouldn't Briscoe be itching for his rematch? He was still feuding with Lethal for a month after Best in the World, but with no mention of a rematch whatsoever, and now that feud seems to have totally ended.
Well, he is in Survival of the Fittest....
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
So what? He shouldn't have to win SOTF to get a rematch. Every champion always gets a rematch, just to ensure that the new champ's win wasn't a fluke. That's how it has always been.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what about one last ride for Christopher Daniels in the main event? maybe a short world tittle run
what do you guys think?
WHG

Post by WHG »

Big Red Machine wrote:
So what? He shouldn't have to win SOTF to get a rematch. Every champion always gets a rematch, just to ensure that the new champ's win wasn't a fluke. That's how it has always been.
Except Davey Richards was the last guy to get a one-on-one rematch for the World Title after losing it...so it's been more than 3 years and 5 title reigns since "always" in this case.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

anoter thing comes to my mind

matt sydal is so underrated, hes so great, now in new japan,i hope roh take notice of this and make a move to sign him
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia wrote:anoter thing comes to my mind

matt sydal is so underrated, hes so great, now in new japan,i hope roh take notice of this and make a move to sign him
I think he is having a very underrated year, great matches in ROH, Europe and now Japan.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

monster mafia wrote:what about one last ride for Christopher Daniels in the main event? maybe a short world tittle run
what do you guys think?
I want to see this VERY bad. I'm a mark for "veteran getting his last shot/run" type stories, so when CD has decided he really has just one year left or something like that I would definitely let him get his big moment after being with ROH for so long and having never won the World title.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Big Red Machine wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: The fact that this seems to have been completely forgotten is really bugging me. Shouldn't Briscoe be itching for his rematch? He was still feuding with Lethal for a month after Best in the World, but with no mention of a rematch whatsoever, and now that feud seems to have totally ended.
Yup, I get that. But so much time has elapsed that invoking a rematch clause is kinda silly. I wouldn't be against but I see the odds of that as pretty slim, even more slim than Briscoe even winning SOTF.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Leo C wrote:
monster mafia wrote:what about one last ride for Christopher Daniels in the main event? maybe a short world tittle run
what do you guys think?
I want to see this VERY bad. I'm a mark for "veteran getting his last shot/run" type stories, so when CD has decided he really has just one year left or something like that I would definitely let him get his big moment after being with ROH for so long and having never won the World title.
Daniels was given that role and storyline in 2010 and it was executed to perfection, absolutely no need for repetition.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
Leo C wrote:
what do you guys think?
Daniels was given that role and storyline in 2010 and it was executed to perfection, absolutely no need for repetition.
Ah. Didn't watch back then so I'd still love it if they did it, but I guess there's a reason for it not to happen then.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

J. Diesel is now going by the name 'Joey Daddiego'

http://rohwrestling.com/wrestlers/roster/joey-daddiego
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I was gonna make a joke about how ROH stole WWE's random name generator, but that's apparently Diesel's real name so erm... yeah.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

If he's not referred to as 'Daddie-o' at least once by this time next year, I'm done with this company.
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Except Davey Richards was the last guy to get a one-on-one rematch for the World Title after losing it...so it's been more than 3 years and 5 title reigns since "always" in this case.
No, but Cole was put in a world title match in which he ate the pin, Steen was scheduled to get one against Cole at The Golden Dream but that was cancelled because Cole got a concussion (and as a result, Steen got to face Jay for Jay's "real" world title, so that worked out well) and with Jay and Elgin the idea was at least used to get them into the title picture. This time around, Jay Briscoe has just been completely silent, which seems ridiculous when you consider that this is the ROH World Title.
Big Red Machine

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
Leo C wrote:
what do you guys think?
I don't know if I'd call it "perfection." The timing of his title shot made it seem pretty unlikely that he was actually going to win, as Roddy was making his first defense.