Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Page is booked for matches elsewhere before SOTF, I'm sure he'll be ready to go.

I am all for Page winning, by the way. He has developed into such a hateable heel. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about him more.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Oh, yeah, was talking about Page obviously. And about the cashing in thing, IIRC Elgin decided himself that he was going to use his shot at GBH. Anyway, he could also just come out at the tapings and announce that he's talked to Nigel and will be getting his shot at whenever he gets it, small detail really.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i want a briscoe vs lethal rematch before the end of 2015
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote:Page is booked for matches elsewhere before SOTF, I'm sure he'll be ready to go.

I am all for Page winning, by the way. He has developed into such a hateable heel. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about him more.
This. Adam Page has been a really enjoyable viewing experience.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So the next Atlanta show is booked in a 13,000 seat arena.

That's... mighty optimistic of them.
WHG

Post by WHG »

They're running an exhibit hall in Atlanta, not the main arena in that venue. It'll be set up the same as most shows...its just a nicer venue.

I'm kind of bummed they didn't go back to Center Stage.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

War Machine are so fucking fun to watch. Been playing catchup on ROH, and their match with the Kingdom on ROH TV was a great example of that.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

TYFDK wrote:Page is booked for matches elsewhere before SOTF, I'm sure he'll be ready to go.

They should do it where winner of SOTF gets a any title shot any time they want. Book Lethal vs Styles for the World Title or something before SOTF takes place. Then have Page win the tournament, and say he wants Lethal at Final Battle no matter what, because he wants to face the very best at the biggest show of the year. Since the World Title match is already booked we then get Lethal vs Page for the TV title which would be a really good opportunity for Page.
Burnside wrote:2. The SOTF title shot isn't something you "cash in" when you want to, like a MITB briefcase. That's an idea that seems to exist only in the minds of some people on this board.When you get your shot has always been something decided by "management".
But people can demand a shot in a promo at a certain upcoming show, and management will give it to them. So still similar, just not immediate or unexpected.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

jordidebaas wrote:Don't know what happened on the TV tapings in SA, but I would've had him beat Briscoe, maybe with a little bit of interference from Colby and Whitmer, then continue to push him leading to him winning SOTF. After that you can have him flirt with the main event scene for a while, coming out a few times to confront Lethal about the fact that he has a guaranteed title shot, at FB Styles will probably win the title, then the next night at the TV tapings, as Styles is cutting a promo in the ring, Page comes out and confronts him, announcing he's going to cash in at whatever show he will cash it in (next TV tapings would be a good choice I think, would also allow you to build it up well during the next 3-6 episodes).
Would be a good way to push him into the upper midcard/uppercard I think.
And it would also be a great opportunity to see if he can deliver in the main event.
Big Red Machine

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:

They should do it where winner of SOTF gets a any title shot any time they want. Book Lethal vs Styles for the World Title or something before SOTF takes place. Then have Page win the tournament, and say he wants Lethal at Final Battle no matter what, because he wants to face the very best at the biggest show of the year. Since the World Title match is already booked we then get Lethal vs Page for the TV title which would be a really good opportunity for Page.
Burnside wrote:2. The SOTF title shot isn't something you "cash in" when you want to, like a MITB briefcase. That's an idea that seems to exist only in the minds of some people on this board.When you get your shot has always been something decided by "management".
But people can demand a shot in a promo at a certain upcoming show, and management will give it to them. So still similar, just not immediate or unexpected.
There should be no problem with this. If Page wants to use his title shot on a certain show and no other challenger has been announced, why would management say no?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

He only way the SOTF could be used like a MITB shot it´s if ROH had a heel GM and i pray that never happens, Nigel in the role it´s perfect.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

WHG wrote:They're running an exhibit hall in Atlanta, not the main arena in that venue. It'll be set up the same as most shows...its just a nicer venue.

I'm kind of bummed they didn't go back to Center Stage.
Oh that makes more sense.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Something that's been bugging me and I've forgotten to mention: why did they book ANX to lose a proving ground match to the Kingdom at the Cali, PA show? I understand not wanting them in the title picture right away, but they've been pushing the "undefeated linear champions" angle, which is a good approach, on TV and even on a YouTube interview from Lockport after that show. It's like we're supposed to pretend that the Kingdom didn't win that match, making those claims completely pointless and false.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

WHG wrote:Something that's been bugging me and I've forgotten to mention: why did they book ANX to lose a proving ground match to the Kingdom at the Cali, PA show? I understand not wanting them in the title picture right away, but they've been pushing the "undefeated linear champions" angle, which is a good approach, on TV and even on a YouTube interview from Lockport after that show. It's like we're supposed to pretend that the Kingdom didn't win that match, making those claims completely pointless and false.
They lose because Adam Cole interfered so they can say the same because they needed help to beat them.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I know Kenny is being a nice guy and all letting Rhett get in a word or two during their promos, but Rhett should not be left to even do that anymore.

Some of the things that come out of Rhett’s mouth just sound racist.

(He is also awful. Maybe the worst in company history as a promo.)
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote:Something that's been bugging me and I've forgotten to mention: why did they book ANX to lose a proving ground match to the Kingdom at the Cali, PA show? I understand not wanting them in the title picture right away, but they've been pushing the "undefeated linear champions" angle, which is a good approach, on TV and even on a YouTube interview from Lockport after that show. It's like we're supposed to pretend that the Kingdom didn't win that match, making those claims completely pointless and false.
This is a very good point. If you're going to go the "they needed Cole's help to win" direction, wouldn't you set up the title match first, and then have Cole's interference come during the title match to set up a rematch for titles? The way they booked it, ANX do have a point that the Kingdom needed Cole's help to beat them, but they also no longer have the linear championship claim.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote:i want a briscoe vs lethal rematch before the end of 2015
The fact that this seems to have been completely forgotten is really bugging me. Shouldn't Briscoe be itching for his rematch? He was still feuding with Lethal for a month after Best in the World, but with no mention of a rematch whatsoever, and now that feud seems to have totally ended.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Speaking of which, am I crazy to think that Cedric will be cut soon enough ? The guy has been floundering in midcard limbo forever, isn't improving all that much and even the crowd doesn't seem to care about him anymore (not that he had that incredible support before, but still).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Highly unlikely. They just turned him heel a couple of months ago, hes got a lot to offer as a solid midcard heel who can have good matches with the right opponents and it's not like anyone is clamoring for him so there's no point from his perspective to leave either. He's fine in his position on the roster and he's only 26 years old.