Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Kenny

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Kenny »

I'm really surprised no one is talking about the Roddy/Okada match from Sat night. It was incredible!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Kenny wrote:I'm really surprised no one is talking about the Roddy/Okada match from Sat night. It was incredible!
Because most of us haven't seen it yet. I'm super-excited for that whole show though. I hope it's on VOD by the end of the week.
Last edited by Big Red Machine on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

isles11 wrote:Veda Scott does not get the recognition she deserves.
I know she doesn't really wrestle for ROH, but in the companies she does wrestle for, she's doing some crazy stuff.
You always hear about all the stuff Candice LaRae does, and granted she deserves every ounce of respect and recognition she gets, but just a couple of weeks ago Veda was put through a table. The show where Candice took that sick backbreaker, Veda got dropped on her head from the top rope. Last year she had a cage match.
She is very underrated in the ring I think.
It's simple. Candice, unlike any other female, wrestles for PWG, which is why she gets by far the most recognition.
But yeah, from what I've seen of what Veda's been up to it's pretty sweet.
Big Red Machine

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
isles11 wrote:Veda Scott does not get the recognition she deserves.
I know she doesn't really wrestle for ROH, but in the companies she does wrestle for, she's doing some crazy stuff.
You always hear about all the stuff Candice LaRae does, and granted she deserves every ounce of respect and recognition she gets, but just a couple of weeks ago Veda was put through a table. The show where Candice took that sick backbreaker, Veda got dropped on her head from the top rope. Last year she had a cage match.
She is very underrated in the ring I think.
It's simple. Candice, unlike any other female, wrestles for PWG, which is why she gets by far the most recognition.
But yeah, from what I've seen of what Veda's been up to it's pretty sweet.
Candice also stands out more by being the only person in PWG who actually bothers to sell.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

FXStyles ‏@FX_Styles
@ringofhonor is coming to France !!
Every Friday, on @Equipe21 at 9PM !
Get ready for September 18th !
#CATCH21 #TrueWrestling

La Ring Of Honor de nouveau diffusé en France
L'Equipe 21 a annoncé qu'ils diffuseront les weekly de la Ring Of Honor chaque vendredi soir à 21h dès le 18 Septembre.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Great news !! I hope we will have the latest shows, last time, 4 years ago, they were on MCM and the shows were 2 years old... The good news is that it is the first time we will be able to watch the shows absolutely for free.
I think ROH can regroup approximatively the same amount of people than on Destination America with around 150k viewers, it is the average number for the channel according to them.
The bad news is that they will compete against the rugby world cup.
ImageImage
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AssShooter wrote:Great news !! I hope we will have the latest shows, last time, 4 years ago, they were on MCM and the shows were 2 years old... The good news is that it is the first time we will be able to watch the shows absolutely for free.
I think ROH can regroup approximatively the same amount of people than on Destination America with around 150k viewers, it is the average number for the channel according to them.
The bad news is that they will compete against the rugby world cup.
Do you know how big that channel is?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

jordidebaas wrote:Do you know how big that channel is?
The channel is like 2 or 3 years old (at least under his current name and since it is free for everyone).
Contrary to what you can see in the U.S., if you have a TV or internet you can watch every free channel from everywhere.
It is one of the smallest channel with a 0.5% national audience share in 2014 (according to wikipedia) but the only free one 100% dedicated to the sports. They even say they are the n°1 sport channel in France but it is not really surprising considering the others aren't free.
They have some big numbers with live events, around 400k and their biggest viewership number ever is 1,2 millions viewers in 2013.
If they want to promote the program more, they are owned by a big newspaper and their website was browsed by 10,6 unique visitors in march 2015.
ImageImage
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

"Cows are honorable, and give milk!" - Steve Corino.

I don't want your milk, Steve damnit!
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

Kenny wrote:I'm really surprised no one is talking about the Roddy/Okada match from Sat night. It was incredible!
great stuff. event was fun but kinda felt like watching a house show at times. this really stood out and I really wanna see a rematch now

Also Bushwacker Luke turning up LOL
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

If the Futureshock reunion becomes more of a permanent thing, how do you see it playing out? I think the logical ending would be turning it into an O'Reilly vs Cole 2.0 feud, eventually over the World Title. At least that's what I hope happens. Question is who do you turn heel? Heel Cole again, or do you turn O'Reilly to get an eventual babyface title run for Cole? That could be kind of fun if they played off the first Futureshock split with a "people never change" type story line where their old issues resurface to an even greater, more personal level.

The other option would be to do something with the Bobby Fish dynamic and either set up a Cole vs Fish feud or use Cole to set up the O'Reilly vs Fish feud.

The good news is that with the three involved whatever happens with it is going to be phenomenal.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

RD Evans had his return match after a lengthy hiatus today, wrestling in a bear costume against Tracy Smothers.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:If the Futureshock reunion becomes more of a permanent thing, how do you see it playing out? I think the logical ending would be turning it into an O'Reilly vs Cole 2.0 feud, eventually over the World Title. At least that's what I hope happens. Question is who do you turn heel? Heel Cole again, or do you turn O'Reilly to get an eventual babyface title run for Cole? That could be kind of fun if they played off the first Futureshock split with a "people never change" type story line where their old issues resurface to an even greater, more personal level.

The other option would be to do something with the Bobby Fish dynamic and either set up a Cole vs Fish feud or use Cole to set up the O'Reilly vs Fish feud.

The good news is that with the three involved whatever happens with it is going to be phenomenal.

I don't think this will happen, but I saw someone post on an ROH Facebook group, that it could be a setup by Cole and the kingdom to go mega heel.

What I think will happen, is eventually very soon, maybe even in San Antonio, Cole officially leaves the Kingdom, they replace him with someone else(maybe a debut or a return) and it will lead to a 6man war. Maybe where the losing team disbands or something.
Maybe it will be a cage, or perhaps just a FWH or something.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

I want Aries or a newly heel Strong at the front of The Kingdom (no way can those 2 float on their own, Kanellis' arse isn't the solution to everything).
Probably down the line, O'Reilly wins the tags with Cole and Fish has a heel run too which leas to O'Reilly winning and possibly going on to win the big one some time in 2016
Big Red Machine

IchaelMelgin wrote:I want Aries or a newly heel Strong at the front of The Kingdom (no way can those 2 float on their own, Kanellis' arse isn't the solution to everything).
Not that I wouldn't like to see Aries or Strong in the Kingdom, but I think the Taven/Bennett/Maria unit would be perfectly fine in the tag division.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Spoiler: show
So Zack Sabre Jr announced at BOLA that he is moving to America.

NOW the serious discussion that ROH should bring him in can begin.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I can't see someone from Europe moving to the US only to work the indies (+ Japan in ZSJ's case).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Thelone wrote:
I can't see someone from Europe moving to the US only to work the indies (+ Japan in ZSJ's case).
Could be Excaliber made him an offer he couldn't refuse: TARO giving him all he can drink, and Top Gun Talwar all the coke he can snort. :)
The Dragon Saga

Thelone wrote:
What would have been the point of him winning BOLA to then say, "I'm moving to America so hopefully you guys will see a lot more of me" to then sign with say WWE? I wouldn't be surprised if he just works the indies and Japan for a bit before being picked up by hopefully ROH. If not then at least WWE. He could be the second coming of Nigel McGuinness in some respects.
The Dragon Saga

ROH should sign this Zahra Schreiber girl and have BJ Whitmer reveal her to be Colby Corino's girlfriend that BJ set him up with and have her add to the already major heat BJ gets whenever he opens his mouth. This will also add massively to the hatred Steve has for BJ as he set his son up with a Nazi.

Steve will sit at commentary as BJ makes the reveal shouting, "GINO!?!" even though Paul Turner is in the ring.