DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XIII LIVE ON IPPV

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XIII LIVE ON IPPV

Post by monster mafia »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor presents Death Before Dishonor XIII on Friday July 24, 2015, LIVE at 8pm on Internet Pay Per View from the William J Myers Pavilion in Baltimore, Maryland.

This major event will be part of an exciting weekend in Baltimore, Ring of Honor presents the Aftershock Tour live television taping on Saturday July 25, 2015 at the William J Myers Pavillion with a 6pm bell time.

Tickets for Death Before Dishonor XIII will go on sale at www.rohwrestling.com for Ringside members on Tuesday May 5, 2015 at 10am Est. Tickets for the general public will go on sale Thursday May 7, 2015 at 10am Est.

Tickets for the live Aftershock Tour television taping are already on sale and are selling fast, so be sure to get your ticket and not miss out on this great weekend of action.

As always, becoming a Ringside Member gets you there first! In addition to first-chance ticket sales, Ringside Membership gives you the first look at ROH TV online, exclusive content, merchandise discounts, and a lot more. To become a Ringside Member today, click HERE!

For the latest news and information regarding this event, please make sure you check back at www.rohwrestling.com.

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XIII

FRIDAY, JULY 24TH, 2015
WILLIAM J MYERS PAVILION
4300 WEST BAY AVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21225

DOORS OPEN 7PM / 8PM BELL TIME
TICKETS ON SALE
RINGSIDE MEMBERS - TUES, MAY 5TH @ 10AM EST
PUBLIC - THURS, MAY 7TH @ 10AM EST

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
THE AFTERSHOCK TOUR

SATURDAY, JULY 25TH, 2015
WILLIAM J MYERS PAVILION
4300 WEST BAY AVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21225

DOORS OPEN 5PM / 6PM BELL TIME
TICKETS ON SALE NOW - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Thelone

Re: DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XIII LIVE ON IPPV

Post by Thelone »

Well, looks like we're gonna get a tournament for the soon-to-be-vacant TV title.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very interesting development. Seems like they're willing to give iPPV a shot again. HOPEFULLY they've figured it out.
Thelone wrote:Well, looks like we're gonna get a tournament for the soon-to-be-vacant TV title.
What makes you say that?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Great that they're trying iPPV again. Also interesting to see they're returning that quickly again, going back for a double shot just 4,5 months after they last were there.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

if they have finally fixed the ippv propblem this will be great
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:What makes you say that?
They're gonna do the same thing they did two years ago for the world title. They'll make Lethal vacate it at the TV taping the day after BITW, have the first round matches at the next show in Hopkins, then the semi-finals and final on iPPV.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Thelone wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:What makes you say that?
They're gonna do the same thing they did two years ago for the world title. They'll make Lethal vacate it at the TV taping the day after BITW, have the first round matches at the next show in Hopkins, then the semi-finals and final on iPPV.
I just don't see it happening. For months, all Lethal & Martini have been talking about is how the World TV Title is the "real ROH Championship". So why would Lethal vacate the belt that he feels is superior? It doesn't make sense in the context of the story they're telling. I think giving Lethal a run as a double singles champion, the first in ROH history (I know Danielson was the last ROH Pure Champion, but that was a unification match, where the Pure Title was retired after Danielson won it), would be really compelling.

Plus, I've never really been a big fan of stripping someone of a title after they win another one. It really annoyed me when they stripped Paige of the NXT Women's Title after she won the Diva's Title.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

tlova86 wrote:if they have finally fixed the ippv propblem this will be great
It's not in their hand, you could encounter just as many problems as when they started using UStream.
I'm not even aware of a single iPPV provider who never had any.
For now, they had only one issue with UStream, they are the most reliable.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

They must be pretty confident of their technical ability if they're announcing this before we see whether this month's iPPV works smoothly.

Regarding the "why would Lethal vacate the TV title after everything he's said" issue, he is a heel who despite what he says knows in his heart of hearts that he currently has the secondary belt. It would probably help if Kevin Kelly would point that out.

Personally, if the TV title is vacated, I'd prefer that Survival of the Fittest be used to crown a new champ.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I don’t really know what to make of this.

I love that they’re doing it because the more live ROH shows we get to see the better, but what’s the strategy?

By all accounts they were getting away from iPPV…to the point where even the internet version of the 13th Anniversary Show was delayed until the broadcast PPV ended. SCOH, which had a lot of interest and people were begging to see on iPPV, came and went as a VOD only…and even the GlobalWars iPPV seemed like a reluctant concession to fans’ demands because they chose to only make 1 of the shows live.

I wonder if this signals anything about their commitment to traditional PPV or not. The move to Friday night for BITW seemed odd/risky to me when they announced it. Are they thinking of replacing PPVs with iPPVs down the road…or are they trying to run iPPVs in the non-PPV months…or is this just some random thing they decided that doesn’t mean anything? Perhaps they had to invest in some infrastructure to improve the iPPV reliability for GlobalWars and running more of them will help them recoup the investment?

Most surprising of all to me is that (as Burnside pointed out) they announced the iPPV before they see how GlobalWars does, both in terms of buys and the stream-quality. I like it because now, regardless of how that show goes, they’re kind of committed to at least giving it one more shot. That said, they easily could have announced the event itself and put tix on sale, but saved the iPPV announcement until as late as BITW. I mean, what happens if the stream craps out at GlobalWars?

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Glad we're getting more iPPVs regardless, though.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I don't think Lethal does vacate the TV title, I think he gets surprised by somebody after being named #1 contender to Briscoe at BITW (somebody that would be an embarassing loss like Will Ferrara, or Cedric winning to get out of his funk), he has the option to chase the TV title again but decides to put an end to everybody's snickering by taking the belt from Briscoe.

I think more iPPVs being announced means they have faith in the technology again. As people have said it's never going to be perfect, but you never know what you can do if you don't even try to get back in the business.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

dhads7161 wrote:I don't think Lethal does vacate the TV title, I think he gets surprised by somebody after being named #1 contender to Briscoe at BITW (somebody that would be an embarassing loss like Will Ferrara, or Cedric winning to get out of his funk), he has the option to chase the TV title again but decides to put an end to everybody's snickering by taking the belt from Briscoe.
I don't think there's any chance Lethal is getting pinned before BITW.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I think Lethal will be forced to vacate the TV title, probably without being given a choice. The upside to that is that after he loses the World Title he'd have a legitimate reason to go after "his" title again, which he never lost and holds all the records for.

I think him losing the title before BITW deflates him too much and makes the impending outcome at BITW too obvious.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think Burnside's prior mentioned scenario where Lethal goes about a month as dual champion then drops the TV title in a shock defeat but says he doesn't care because the world title is the only title that matters (beautifully hypocritical) and then defeats them when they get to challenge him for the world title, would be the best route to go.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think having this great World TV Title run by Lethal end with him vacating the belt would be so disappointing. I think having someone beating him for that title would be great, because it gets the title off of Lethal, gives the guy who won it a lot (being the one to end the longest World TV Title reign in ROH History), and sets up a future challenger for the ROH World Title.

I will say that, if they did this, it's better to do it after Best in the World. No need for Letha to lose it beforehand.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Robareid wrote:I think Burnside's prior mentioned scenario where Lethal goes about a month as dual champion then drops the TV title in a shock defeat but says he doesn't care because the world title is the only title that matters (beautifully hypocritical) and then defeats them when they get to challenge him for the world title, would be the best route to go.
I do think this is what should happen, but Lethal shouldn't say he doesn't care about the TV title, because that would devalue the title. He should have a melt-down when he loses it and put it over as an unbearable outrage to set up the match where he beats the challenger.

Both Briscoe and Lethal should - and probably will - just win and win and win until they face each other at BITW. To build a big match, you want to create the story of a clash between two unbeatable guys. I do understand that wrestling for the past 10 years has been dominated by perverse WWE booking where the way you build up a big match is to beat the guys in the match before the match. But even though I'm not the biggest fan of Delirious's booking, I give him more credit than that.

"World champ who hasn't lost in almost 3 years vs guy who has held the TV title for over a year", with both claiming they're number one, is a much, MUCH better story than "World champ who hasn't lost in almost 3 years vs guy who lost last month to Will Ferrara."
Last edited by Burnside on Mon May 04, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

As the TV champ trying to make it more credible than the world title, it's an angle that makes him somewhat likeable. So for him to suddenly verbally devalue it once he no longer has it, while putting over his world title, is gloriously hypocritical and just being a great heel.

Plus, it's just the words of a heel. As long as whoever has the TV title gets booked a good reign, the belt's credibility won't go back to where it was.
Last Real Man Hype
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Marketh. wrote:As the TV champ trying to make it more credible than the world title, it's an angle that makes him somewhat likeable. So for him to suddenly verbally devalue it once he no longer has it, while putting over his world title, is gloriously hypocritical and just being a great heel.

Plus, it's just the words of a heel. As long as whoever has the TV title gets booked a good reign, the belt's credibility won't go back to where it was.
I buy this, but the problem - and it's a big problem - is that Kevin Kelly doesn't seem to understand Lethal's character and doesn't tell his story properly to the viewer at all. He is the first guy who would need to call Lethal on his hypocrisy, and you just know he wouldn't do it. And they might not remember to have anyone else do it either.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

You'd probably have to wait until some random house show that nobody sees where Joe Dombrowski is on commentary. That guy does such a good job of tying things together on commentary.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

What would you guys think about ROH just implenting a "second" TV title if Lethal beats Briscoe? Lethal does the true champion bit with both belts and ROH goes "fine, don't want to play our way. We'll just make a new TV title".