Fixing up roh in 10 steps

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: Fixing up roh in 10 steps

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:It's not only the fact title changes seem to occur only in NYC as of late, it also bothers me we don't get iPPVs outside of NYC lately as well. Apart from the Mania shows, the last regular iPPV not to take place in New York was the 9th Anniversary Show!
And the next iPPV Best in the World is in NYC again, which just sucks, especially because the NYC crowd also seems to be burnt out by all the iPPVS taking place there, which really shows as fas as crowd reactions are concerned....NYC crowd is just extremely lackluster lately. I really hope they won't be doing another iPPV in NYC at all the entire year 2012.
Chicago, Philly and Toronto should get the next iPPVS before NYC, just to freshen things up and get a more vocal crowd
Even though I live near NYC, I agree that someone else should get a turn.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Chicago, Philly and Toronto should get the next iPPVS before NYC, just to freshen things up and get a more vocal crowd
Yeah, they should definitely start doing iPPV's regularly in these cities.

As it is now, they make it seem like NYC is the only market that matters, which sucks.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I wonder what it will take before they finally realize this and do something different. Or for that matter, how LONG it will take.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Honestly I couldn't think of 10 steps.

But the most important right now is production definitely.

Get live replays right, spell names correctly, use the guys right photo's for tale of the tape. Etc etc
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Definately the production, DVDs have looked better recently but its the little things that occurred so often on the iPPV which is very embarrassing especially when new viewers/potential fans purchase.

They really need to sort out the booking of the World title, which is so predictable. We all know Steen is winning it next so every title defence before is pretty meaningless. They need to throw in a few surprises (like Eddie) in different arenas. ROH fans need to be educated to believe the product is unpredictable (thats what makes wrestling great) but right now ROH is lacking that.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

I live in nyc so i love going to the shows i think roh should have final battle in nyc
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

# 1. Change the overall booking philosophy.

This sums up just about every issue with the shows/talent.

I agree with some iPPVs being outside of NYC, but if people are going to continue flocking to the ticket office for $100 first rows, I can't blame them. However, I really see them doing that for iPPVs or not. ROH is in DESPERATE need of establishing some other legitimate markets. What do they have now? NYC, Chicago Ridge, then what? Baltimore for TV, maybe. And it's too bad, because they could probably do some iPPVs/NYC level cards(Which aren't even that strong) in Philly, Toronto, Boston(Boston, not Plymouth) and do VERY good crowds and really re kickstart those markets. Philly did 500+ on a Friday night, while Norfolk barely did 350 the following day, yet Richmond gets a return date? Huh? And no Philly return date is in site. They're way too focused on running mediocre house shows in TV markets(WAY too early at that), rather than re establishing markets that could actually really be successful for them. The kick there, is they actually have the financial means to make it all work for the best now.

To say the least, ROH isn't being run very smartly right now.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Definately the production, DVDs have looked better recently but its the little things that occurred so often on the iPPV which is very embarrassing especially when new viewers/potential fans purchase.

They really need to sort out the booking of the World title, which is so predictable. We all know Steen is winning it next so every title defence before is pretty meaningless. They need to throw in a few surprises (like Eddie) in different arenas. ROH fans need to be educated to believe the product is unpredictable (thats what makes wrestling great) but right now ROH is lacking that.
I don't think they need to be unpredictable. Wrestling isn't about being unpredictable. Its about drawing money with good booking that makes sense. Of course wrestlers and their characters are key to this. I'm not saying everything has to be predictable. But if you are unpredicatable just to be unpredictable you can burn you're storylines out. I think the slow burn to Steen is a good idea. Sometimes the best idea is the obvious one. If people want to see Steen as champ, there not going to not show up just because they are sure its happening.

On the NYC thing that people have mentioned.....I agree they should try some other sites. I think a major issue is that they want somewhere the films good on TV. They tend to get their biggest crowds there too. Its a big arena for ROH and probably the biggest they run in. So I think its understandable why they run there. I'd like to see them go back to Chicago ( yhey haven't been since the first set of TV Tapings) or try Boston for an IPPV.
newzan

Post by newzan »

small bump. i'm new to the forum and the thread's recent enough that there's no point to start another.

1) reinforce the Code of Honor. Ciampa and Steen should be the only guys refusing to shake hands right now (Bennett SHOULD follow the rules - to me, he's more of a braggart than a rebel). It'd stick out more if some of the bad guys followed the rules (and cheated in other ways, of course!)

2) revive that ROH Ambassador deal and name Colt Cabana! He's affable, a great interview, the fans love him and CM Punk name-drops him as often and in a high-profile manner as possible. He could do a lot to get the word out about the promotion. Plus, I'm a sucker for his comedy matches and I'd like to see him befriend and back up some of the under-dog faces in special matches.

3) storywise, have Martini and Nana clash - realising they're treading on each-other's shoes - they go into competition against each other and perform progressively more audacious attacks against their rival organisation and start to gradually pit regular talents against each other in new combinations as mercenaries... it could even split Haas and Benjamin between the two since they haven't seemed on the same page in their last few matches. Eventually one groups drives the other away from ROH, or absorbs it, and the winner of the feud naturally looks like a badass threat. Heel vs heel is something ROH can do really spectacularly when the fans trust the story.

4) don't let the Briscoes drop the belts to another old team, even if it means they hold 'em forever. Forget the ANX and the Young Bucks... they need new feuds more than they need a reign.

5) well, I have to say it. Put the old shows back on Youtube.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Get a new booker and change the philosophy of how things are approached. Less putting all your eggs in one basket and get back to having more well rounded shows where anyone on the roster could steal the show on any particular night. Learn better timing. Promote better. Stop being bush league. Make better business decisions. Stop running shit TV markets that will never be successful and re establish those that have been proven to succeed in the past, and THEN branch out.

I don't see any of these things changing however, which is why ROH's doom is inevitable.
pacey

Post by pacey »

1. Bring back dream matches ONCE in a while. Lance coming in was great..... Bennett was not a dream match though.
2. Hot shot someone from outside the company to the main event scene. Mix it up.
3. Elgin is super hot right now..... do something with him.
4. Bring in someone hot for Maria to roll around with.
5. Make something happen with Chikara that is long term
6. Have quality feuds on the mid-card level
7. Have a wrestler with more crowd interaction like........... Rave with the toilet paper or Claudio with "Heyyyy!!!!" Just something to make the shows more fun.
8. Make shoot interviews with current talent
9. Production improvements!!!!
10. More sales on the website.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

pacey wrote:1. Bring back dream matches ONCE in a while. Lance coming in was great..... Bennett was not a dream match though.
2. Hot shot someone from outside the company to the main event scene. Mix it up.
3. Elgin is super hot right now..... do something with him.
4. Bring in someone hot for Maria to roll around with.
5. Make something happen with Chikara that is long term
6. Have quality feuds on the mid-card level
7. Have a wrestler with more crowd interaction like........... Rave with the toilet paper or Claudio with "Heyyyy!!!!" Just something to make the shows more fun.
8. Make shoot interviews with current talent
9. Production improvements!!!!
10. More sales on the website.
Point 4. is backed hard!

Point 6. I totally agree with. Cole & O'Reilly aside I can't think of anything worth caring about.