Fixing up roh in 10 steps

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Renegade121

Fixing up roh in 10 steps

Post by Renegade121 »

This one is simple. What 10 things would you do to make ring of honor better as an all around company??
187_Joeism

Re: Fixing up roh in 10 steps

Post by 187_Joeism »

Better production and patience from the fans
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I don't think I can name 10. I'll name some things they should do.

-Fix the production and look of the show/ippv.
-Hire more talent. The roster is pretty thin now.
-Make the matches and storylines more unpredictable. I mean when they announced that the Briscoes would face wgtt in Miami, who thought the Briscoes would lose to the Young Bucks at 10YA?
-No more chairshots to the head!
-End the undefeated streak of Ciampa. Elgin should have been the one with that.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Improved production is a necessity. We're not asking for WWE levels here but spelling guy's names correctly would be a good start!

Apart from that, a bit more unpredictability in the booking and a couple of signings would improve on a very good current product.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

I certainly agree about the roster. Who would u bring in??? Also the prodution is must. Roh has hd promos now. Why not use those hd cameras for tv and ippv?
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

* Improve production values
* Cut out schoolboy errors in production
* Give someone momentum when they debut, rather than after months of losses
* Midcard needs some workhorses to bring up the undercarders (like Whitmer, Rave or Cabana used to do)
* Stop booking long matches for the sake of having a long match at every iPPV
* Stop pandering to NYC
* Where's the NOAH talent? Ishimori or Suzuki would benefit a run of shows
* How about a TV Title match where the match finishes in less than 15 minutes?
* Bring in Alex Koslov, and beg Kenny Omega to return if you have to
* Showcase the Women Of Honor once again
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Always looking for ROH to improve its roster.
DGUSA/EVOLVE doesn't run THAT many shows. Is it at all possible to bring in guys like Johnny Gargano, Sami Callihan, PAC, Rich Swan etc? Steen & Generico show up at Evolve, so why can it not be the other way around?
If not, John Morrison could make a good addition. He's very talented, I'd just hope he doesn't end up giving us a less then full effort like WGTT have started to do.

Also some returning Japanese talent would be great (Kenta, Ibushi)

And then yes production, live and on DVD, needs to improve.
Making story lines less predictable is a good one to.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Mdodmod wrote:Always looking for ROH to improve its roster.
DGUSA/EVOLVE doesn't run THAT many shows. Is it at all possible to bring in guys like Johnny Gargano, Sami Callihan, PAC, Rich Swan etc? Steen & Generico show up at Evolve, so why can it not be the other way around?
As far as I know, all of those DGUSA guys are under contract with Gabe. Generico isn't under contract with ROH and Steen wasn't when he appeared in EVOLVE although he might be now.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Renegade121 wrote:I certainly agree about the roster. Who would u bring in??? Also the prodution is must. Roh has hd promos now. Why not use those hd cameras for tv and ippv?
I can't see the problem of bringing back Whitmer and Rave full-time. Better than most of the current midcard and would be great in facing many guys that they have yet to wrestle.
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

address the production issues
Take ippv outside of NYC for a change
Abandon the OVW relationship
Establish working relationships with other promotions (not just in Japan)
Split up WGTT and use them as singles (or just Benjamin)
Push TJP, generico and Elgin instead of Bennett and Ciampa
Resign two or three Roh veteran's who can still go in order to flesh out the midcard (ie. BJ, Rave, Cabana)
Make changes to the tv title matches so that we don't end up with repetitive, predictable time limit draws etc
shahankery

Post by shahankery »

D2Kvirus wrote:* Improve production values
* Cut out schoolboy errors in production
* Give someone momentum when they debut, rather than after months of losses
* Midcard needs some workhorses to bring up the undercarders (like Whitmer, Rave or Cabana used to do)
* Stop booking long matches for the sake of having a long match at every iPPV
* Stop pandering to NYC
* Where's the NOAH talent? Ishimori or Suzuki would benefit a run of shows
* How about a TV Title match where the match finishes in less than 15 minutes?
* Bring in Alex Koslov, and beg Kenny Omega to return if you have to
* Showcase the Women Of Honor once again

i agree with all of this
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Don't like how Austin Aries, then Tyler Black, then Roderick Strong, then Eddie Edwards, then Davey Richards, all won title in New York, back to back to back to back to back.
astoph

Post by astoph »

187_Joeism wrote:Better production and patience from the fans
Definitely this for one thing. Or two things rather.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Better production values would be a good start. It's embarrassing how poor they are for the television show. Compared to the shows on HDNet it's night and day difference. Not to mention the fact mistakes and misspellings that could have been prevented with double checking.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Mdodmod wrote:Don't like how Austin Aries, then Tyler Black, then Roderick Strong, then Eddie Edwards, then Davey Richards, all won title in New York, back to back to back to back to back.
# 3 right here. This is garbage! So really all I have to do to follow ROH is read newswires and watch NYC shows? Why would I care about anything else?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

It's not only the fact title changes seem to occur only in NYC as of late, it also bothers me we don't get iPPVs outside of NYC lately as well. Apart from the Mania shows, the last regular iPPV not to take place in New York was the 9th Anniversary Show!
And the next iPPV Best in the World is in NYC again, which just sucks, especially because the NYC crowd also seems to be burnt out by all the iPPVS taking place there, which really shows as fas as crowd reactions are concerned....NYC crowd is just extremely lackluster lately. I really hope they won't be doing another iPPV in NYC at all the entire year 2012.
Chicago, Philly and Toronto should get the next iPPVS before NYC, just to freshen things up and get a more vocal crowd
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
adam08

Post by adam08 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:It's not only the fact title changes seem to occur only in NYC as of late, it also bothers me we don't get iPPVs outside of NYC lately as well. Apart from the Mania shows, the last regular iPPV not to take place in New York was the 9th Anniversary Show!
And the next iPPV Best in the World is in NYC again, which just sucks, especially because the NYC crowd also seems to be burnt out by all the iPPVS taking place there, which really shows as fas as crowd reactions are concerned....NYC crowd is just extremely lackluster lately. I really hope they won't be doing another iPPV in NYC at all the entire year 2012.
Chicago, Philly and Toronto should get the next iPPVS before NYC, just to freshen things up and get a more vocal crowd
Aren't the miami shows ippv as well?
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

adam08 wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:It's not only the fact title changes seem to occur only in NYC as of late, it also bothers me we don't get iPPVs outside of NYC lately as well. Apart from the Mania shows, the last regular iPPV not to take place in New York was the 9th Anniversary Show!
They don't really have a choice where they hold the Wrestlemania shows so I don't think those can be taken into consideration when discussing the NYC overkill.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

adam08 wrote:
Honor Takes Center Stage was an iPPV too.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Mdodmod wrote:Always looking for ROH to improve its roster.
If not, John Morrison could make a good addition. He's very talented, I'd just hope he doesn't end up giving us a less then full effort like WGTT have started to do.

Also some returning Japanese talent would be great (Kenta, Ibushi)

And then yes production, live and on DVD, needs to improve.
Making story lines less predictable is a good one to.
I find it funny that you named two injured Japanese talents.