Tommaso Ciampa

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Tommaso Ciampa

Post by Brada »

Leaving ROH after San Antonio. Announced on Facebook. Wow.
TYFDK

Re: Tommaso Ciampa

Post by TYFDK »

Just saw that. Bummer. Always liked him.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

This better be more of that worked shoot bullshit. I will not abide ROH letting him leave without throwing a ton of money in his direction.
Last Real Man Hype
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm sure he is frustrated creatively. Delirious missed the bus on his angle with Nigel. They should have put the strap on him and gave it a go OR continue the psychopath moniker and have him run roughshot over everyone. They just let it fizzle after Final Battle. Bad booking IMO.
PiledrivingMissDaisy

Post by PiledrivingMissDaisy »

There's nothing left for him to do in ROH.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Nothing more to do? All he's done is feud with Jay Lethal for, like, 9 years. Short TV title run. He's barely done anything in ROH.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Definitely didn't see expect this to happen, huge loss for ROH, in due time Ciampa could've been huge.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

PiledrivingMissDaisy wrote:There's nothing left for him to do in ROH.
Except pretty much everything.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

this fucking sucks...

bad booking always...
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

This is bullshit. Delirious fucked up big time. Every time it seemed like he was going to get a push Delirious neutered him. This sucks from a fan perspective, but I wish him luck.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

I hate it but totally understand. He is the worst booked wrestler maybe ever in ROH since I've been watching. I wouldn't mind seeing him Evolve though.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

If it's a shoot I don't blame him one bit as he's been horribly booked for years.

If it's a work, it's the latest example of him being horribly booked.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So is he seriously leaving or is this another one of those "worked shoots"? Didn't Matt Taven post a similar message on his Facebook after Field of Honor saying that he was leaving ROH?
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

PiledrivingMissDaisy wrote:There's nothing left for him to do in ROH.
[cornette]

Shame if true could of been huge for the company if booked right.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hate to be "that guy", but what if he's later revealed to be part of the KRD? As bad as that would be, they basically did the same thing with Matt Taven last year, where he "left", and later returned to join The Kingdom.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If that's the case and is revealed to be a member of the KRD, please refer to Burnside's post above.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Hate to be "that guy", but what if he's later revealed to be part of the KRD? As bad as that would be, they basically did the same thing with Matt Taven last year, where he "left", and later returned to join The Kingdom.
Wouldn't shock me. Lose-lose situation though. Either you've let someone with tremendous potential walk away, in all likelihood, handing your competition a main eventer. Or it's all revealed to be another work-shoot, leading everyone to bitch about the booking. (More so.)
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Fawrules wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Hate to be "that guy", but what if he's later revealed to be part of the KRD? As bad as that would be, they basically did the same thing with Matt Taven last year, where he "left", and later returned to join The Kingdom.
Wouldn't shock me. Lose-lose situation though. Either you've let someone with tremendous potential walk away, in all likelihood, handing your competition a main eventer. Or it's all revealed to be another work-shoot, leading everyone to bitch about the booking. (More so.)

The deal is that ROH does not really have any direct competition . Sinclair will never spend the money to try and compete with the WWE . TNA is a non factor in the touring wrestling business . That leaves the indy promotions like PWG , Evolve , AAW , AIW etc . They do not any mainstream TV outlets and each of them only run a handful of shows per year . They do not have enough capital to compete with ROH .

So , Sinclair since has their wrestling company in it's own niche , it appears that don't feel the need to pay talent over what Sinclair perceives to be fair market value.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

It's about tv.TNA,LU or NXT(if it isn't just a work)!
Smile

Post by Smile »

Memphis Mark wrote:
Fawrules wrote:

The deal is that ROH does not really have any direct competition . Sinclair will never spend the money to try and compete with the WWE . TNA is a non factor in the touring wrestling business . That leaves the indy promotions like PWG , Evolve , AAW , AIW etc . They do not any mainstream TV outlets and each of them only run a handful of shows per year . They do not have enough capital to compete with ROH .

So , Sinclair since has their wrestling company in it's own niche , it appears that don't feel the need to pay talent over what Sinclair perceives to be fair market value.
What is fair market value for Ciampa? A very good 29-year old wrestler with a unique look who has yet to reach his ceiling. I guess we'll find out because it's only a matter of time before NXT, Lucha Underground, or TNA come calling (all of which are bringing in new talents regularly).

I don't get this decision.