ROH to make play for full time deals for the bucks

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

ROH to make play for full time deals for the bucks

Post by Sandy Fork »

It’s been reported how WWE has their eye on several top indie talents, including Ring of Honor stars who are under contract. Word is that ROH officials are looking to lock in several talents that are not currently locked in, possibly as a way to stop WWE from raiding their roster.

After last week’s FWE iPPV in Brooklyn, Reddit insider MetsFan4Ever wrote a report about how The Young Bucks were rumored to be close to signing exclusive, lucrative ROH deals. His report noted that the hold-up had to do with merchandise sales and The Young Bucks being able to work Pro Wrestling Guerrilla shows in California, where they were booked when no one else would give them a chance. While The Bucks have turned down a shot with WWE in the past, MetsFan4Ever claimed they’re not signing with ROH for another reason – because they want to keep their options open in case a secure WWE contract would be worth giving up the big New Japan Pro Wrestling money that they make.

PWInsider confirmed today that ROH is trying to lock in some of their talents, including The Young Bucks. If ROH does sign The Bucks, it will have a ripple effect on the indies as several promotions depend on The Bucks as headliners. ROH wants to sign The Bucks to a deal where they’re paid a full-time salary but are exclusive to ROH and ROH officials have the right to approve or deny any indie dates. ROH likely won’t stop The Young Bucks from working for New Japan Pro Wrestling, where they are big stars with The Bullet Club, but this likely will be a problem for the many indies that depend on the brothers.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/roh-trying-to-st ... z3UaRPEK2X
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: ROH to make play for full time deals for the bucks

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

That would be huge for ROH!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If they sign that would mean a good reign for them with the titles so i am all for it, if i´m ROH i would try to sign exclusive deals with Ciampa, ACH, Bucks and AJ.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I would love the Bucks in ROH full time.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FUCKING AWESOME.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Would be great for the ROH fans, but it would also really suck if they wouldn't be able to work PWG anymore.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

With the amount of merch they sell that's got to be a pretty big offer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Interesting news. Obviously this would be very cool for ROH but it would hurt places like PWG & other indies who book The Young Bucks regularly (Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Young Bucks make a comment about ROH/NJPW/PWG in the last episode of The Kevin Steen Show?).

Honestly, I don't blame ROH for trying to lock up some of the talent who they don't have locked up already, especially with this whole NXT "Expansion" news.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I hope ROH is able to lock them up to full time deals. Let them work PWG. It's nine shows a year and won't interfere too much. It would be great for the Bucks who would get some time to rest now and not have to kill themselves with their style of match 2-3 times a weekend every week.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Given how wild the crowds go for them, they definitely seem to help put butts in the seats, and most likely sell DVDs. Wise investment.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

remember the time when people on this board claimed that the Young Bucks don't draw enough to warrant them being flown in regularly during Cornette's time? Oh yes, people on here were seriously saying that.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Orange wrote:I hope ROH is able to lock them up to full time deals. Let them work PWG. It's nine shows a year and won't interfere too much. It would be great for the Bucks who would get some time to rest now and not have to kill themselves with their style of match 2-3 times a weekend every week.
Problem it´s they don´t want any exclusive talent to get injured wrestling on a non ROH show.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:remember the time when people on this board claimed that the Young Bucks don't draw enough to warrant them being flown in regularly during Cornette's time? Oh yes, people on here were seriously saying that.
In 2012 I'm not sure they did draw enough. They were popular but not like they are today and not in every town.

Obviously Cornette misused them when he did have them though.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Burnside wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:remember the time when people on this board claimed that the Young Bucks don't draw enough to warrant them being flown in regularly during Cornette's time? Oh yes, people on here were seriously saying that.
In 2012 I'm not sure they did draw enough. They were popular but not like they are today and not in every town.

Obviously Cornette misused them when he did have them though.
What Burnside said. They were definitely hotter than their first time being in ROH (HDNet days) as they were getting notice for the handshake controversy. Then they kept up that momentum which led to them being as hot as they are today.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

Mr. Orange wrote:I hope ROH is able to lock them up to full time deals. Let them work PWG. It's nine shows a year and won't interfere too much. It would be great for the Bucks who would get some time to rest now and not have to kill themselves with their style of match 2-3 times a weekend every week.
Wouldn't happen. These contracts lately are basically saying "here's a lot of money, stop getting hurt at PWG."
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Personally I think a better investment would be getting Styles under contract. That way they could (hopefully) get him on more dates and actually do something with him, make him a true title contender, etc. It may even be more realistic given the fact that AJ isn't currently doing the insane amount of indie dates the Bucks do.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Because he's under contract with New Japan most likely.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Get me my Mr. Burns voice: Excellent.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

The Young Bucks are the most popular on the indy scene right now. They are more over than Samoa Joe and AJ. The Young Bucks are the most over thing on the indy scene since Kevin Steen's ROH return.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

jjankows wrote:The Young Bucks are the most popular on the indy scene right now. They are more over than Samoa Joe and AJ. The Young Bucks are the most over thing on the indy scene since Kevin Steen's ROH return.
This cannot be denied, just look at the pops they get during entire ROH Shows, even if they're not in the match there'll be "Young Bucks" chants.
Offering them a lucrative deal they cannot decline and subsequently giving them a lengthy run with the tag belts would be the best decision in a long time.