Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
FanSinceHDNet

Re: Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Curious to hear how it sounds on VOD. Outdoor shows are notoriously tricky to A.) Hear the crowd and B.) Mic the crowd. The only outdoor shows I can think of that sounded like a vocal crowd was the WWF's Big Event in 86 and Summerslam 1992 at Wembley.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Mr. Orange wrote:Was at the show live. Haven't had time to give it some star ratings but overall show was good but I really didn't think anything was truly great on it. Pretty much every match was good though. The atmosphere of the show wasn't very good. Crowd was quiet but overall respectful. Last years show and crowd was 100 times worse.
Cole vs. Daniels- ***
War Machine vs. KES - ***1/4
Gauntlet- This is a hard one to rate but it was a lot of fun and Castle and Moose were SUPER over. - ***1/4
ACH, Sydal, and The Young Bucks vs RPG Vice and The Kingdom - **1/2
Goto vs. Elgin- ***1/4
Time Splitters vs Briscoes - ***
Okada vs. Strong - ***3/4
Nakamura and Lethal vs. Red Dragon - ***3/4
I agree with all of these except I had Roddy v Okada at 4 3/4. I was also surrounded by Japanese fans who were marking the Hell out and throwing Okada bucks everywhere. i thought Roddy was working at his now normal super high self and Okada was matching him.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I've gotten through Cole/Daniels and KES/Warmachine so far. And I enjoyed both a lot. Better show than last years so far.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Sandy Fork wrote:I've gotten through Cole/Daniels and KES/Warmachine so far. And I enjoyed both a lot. Better show than last years so far.
Significantly better? Because it shouldn't be that hard to top last year's.
Last Real Man Hype
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Marketh. wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:I've gotten through Cole/Daniels and KES/Warmachine so far. And I enjoyed both a lot. Better show than last years so far.
Significantly better? Because it shouldn't be that hard to top last year's.
Last years show had a great main event though. I actually liked the cage match as well. This show looks better than Supercard and the anniversary show of this year
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Cage match was thwarted by terrible Taven babyface booking/ Main event was great, but nothing memorable.
Last Real Man Hype
WHG

Post by WHG »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Curious to hear how it sounds on VOD. Outdoor shows are notoriously tricky to A.) Hear the crowd and B.) Mic the crowd. The only outdoor shows I can think of that sounded like a vocal crowd was the WWF's Big Event in 86 and Summerslam 1992 at Wembley.
I thought the audio was fine and the crowd comes across better on the VOD than it did in person (as it did last year). The overall production wasn't great, though. They were dealing with stadium lighting, so that is what it is...but it looks like they lost white balance on the hard camera when the sun went down. The canvas was white for this show and in some of the middle matches the hard-cam shots look blurry and really rough. I think that's a white balance issue, but I'm not that technically savvy. In any event, it makes watching it unpleasant. The 8 man tag was where it got really bad for me.

Great show, though. Like last year, I enjoyed it more on VOD than live in terms of the wrestling.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

As a camera operator, sounds like I'm going to find this show annoying to watch. It's disgraceful that something like an out-of-focus, non-white balanced hard cam would go unnoticed while shooting. They don't need better cameras, just better people. Or whatever Dojo students they throw an expensive camera at, they need to be given actual training besides "point at the wrestling and act like you're falling when a Young Buck pretends to Superkick you."

There was also the time when they went through an entire 4-episode set of TV tapings with 1 out of 3 cameras out of focus. That's just abysmal. Most of the problems with ROH camera work can be solved with a few quick adjustments.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those wondering about KES/War Machine, the latter going to NOAH has been confirmed:

Back in April “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin was in a state of turmoil. The former ROH World Champion was unsure of where to turn and what to do. He made the decision to attack his former protégés, War Machine (Raymond Rowe and Hanson). Elgin did not choose to do this with a partner. Instead, he called upon one of the most destructive teams in professional wrestling, the current Pro Wrestling NOAH Global Honored Crown (GHC) Tag-Team Champions, Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer), to do the job for him.

The confrontation between the two tag-teams happened in San Antonio, TX and saw mass destruction! All four men tore into each with such intensity that it forced the referee to declare the match a no contest.

Words from both teams after their first clash in San Antonio, TX

Rowe and Hanson have been on a mission since that match. The prevailing thought is that K.E.S. woke up the killer instinct that War Machine needed to take them to the next level!

After facing off in the 2014 Top Prospect Tournament, Rowe and Hanson were brought together by mutual respect. They formed an alliance that saw early success with a non-title victory over then ROH World Tag-Team Champions, reDRagon. The duo were steamrolling over competition and opened even more eyes after going to a hellacious no contest with the Briscoes, 8x former ROH World Tag-Team Champions, last August on ROH television.

Fate stepped in when Raymond Rowe nearly lost his life in a motorcycle accident which derailed the momentum of this promising team. An improbable return this past February created sparks in ROH when Rowe defied the odds and declared War Machine was back!

Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer have been nothing short of dominant since debuting as a tag-team in 2012 for New Japan Pro Wrestling. They’re the current GHS Tag-Team Champions and former 2x IWGP Heavyweight Tag-Team Champions. They have defeated and damn near destroyed everyone they have stepped into the ring with. Davey Boy Smith, Jr. is a second generation wrestler who has matched and surpassed the great feats of his father. Archer is an imposing figure. Standing at 6’8”, he’s deceptively athletic and often uncontrollable. The two bring a bloodthirsty mentality to their matches that normally lead to an atmosphere of unbridled chaos!

Since their initial meeting, both teams have taken jabs at the other on social media. Locker room talk has picked up with both teams hoping word gets back to one another. Both teams were amped to sign another contract for the rematch and the date was set! At Field of Honor (Aug. 22, 2015), it was War Machine vs. K.E.S. II in a non-title match. The K.E.S. brought everything they had, tearing up the ring and field, but War Machine fought valiantly. They fought with a renewed intensity that caught K.E.S. by surprise. That surprise ultimately cost K.E.S. the victory. War Machine hit their dreaded “Fall Out” finishing maneuver to score their biggest win yet!

War Machine calls out the Killer Elite Squad for a battle in Japan!

War Machine’s win at Field of Honor sent shockwaves through the world of professional wrestling. It has been confirmed that War Machine is heading to Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH where they will receive a shot at the Killer Elite Squads’ GHC Tag-Team Championships.

This is exciting news for War Machine, their fans and the fans of Ring of Honor. Can the destructive tag-team cross continents and achieve a dream? Can they keep their momentum rolling from Field of Honor? The Killer Elite Squad is part of a villainous Suzuki-gun faction in Pro Wrestling NOAH, which is led by the ultra-tough Minoru Suzuki. What part could this group play? Rowe and Hanson are primed to break out and ready prove that they are among the very elite!

Be sure to check back at www.rohwrestling.com for the announcement of the official date and venue of this epic encounter.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If this means Suzuki coming to a ROH show or for the ROH Japan shows i am going to be extremely happy
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Good and enjoyable show. Way better than last year´s. I was expecting a little bit more from some matches but I did enjoy this Field Of Honor.

1796. Adam Cole vs Christopher Daniels – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***1/4
1797. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs Killet Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr & Lance Archer) – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 **3/4 - ***
1798. Takaaki Watanabe vs Adam Page vs Bushwhacker Luke vs Cedric Alexander vs Dalton Castle vs Donovan Dijak vs Frankie Kazarian vs Moose vs Silas Young – ROH World Television Title 1# Conterdership Gauntlet Match – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***1/2
1799. ACH, Matt Sydal & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Baretta) & The Kingdom (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***3/4
1800. Hirooki Goto vs Michael Elgin – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***1/4
1801. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***
1802. Kazuchika Okada vs Roderick Strong – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ****1/4
1803. Jay Lethal & Shinsuke Nakamura vs reDRagon (Kyle O´Reilly & Bobby Fish) – ROH Field Of Honor 2015 ***3/4
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

To all the corcen the Gauntlet match was booked perfect i think, everybody looked strong and the keep doing the current storylines.
WHG

Post by WHG »

187_Joeism wrote:To all the corcen the Gauntlet match was booked perfect i think, everybody looked strong and the keep doing the current storylines.
I was ready to strongly dislike that match, but I agree...it was very entertaining and was well booked. That was the most pleasant surprise of the night for me.