Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

Post by TYFDK »

Have no doubt they woulda beat the attendance record if NXT wasn't in town.

Would have loved to see Bushwhacker Luke face Jay Lethal or Bobby Fish for the TV title.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They draw way more than last year it seems, good news.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Being reported that they got an attendance of just over 2000, up from around 1400 last year.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Show was way better than 2014 all around. Obviously the better line-up helped, but the execution of the show (the cage caused a late start and two intermissions last year) was better this year as well.

As reported, the crowd was far bigger than last year (looked like almost double) and better in terms of people not being complete morons. The ballpark setting still doesn't fit what makes ROH such a great live experience for me, so the crowd wasn't nearly as hot as Philly or what you'd get in other NYC venues. But last year the crowd was a huge distraction and it wasn't this year. There were a few morons, but they were quickly shut down if they started anything (a small group started doing the New Day chant during the Main Event (of all matches to do that) and people quickly drowned it out with boos and a guy loudly yelling "wrong show, assholes."

I'd recommend the VOD as everything delivered match-wise. I fully expected the gauntlet match to kill the crowd, but it was actually a lot of fun and solid for what it was. Roddy/Okada was off the charts. The only match I was slightly disappointed with was the 8 man tag. They did a little too much comedy for me (and I'm usually okay with some of that).

Lethal and Nakamura's interaction in the Main Event was tremendous. Lethal used how over Nakamura is to be a great heel...that was really fun to watch.
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

It truly was a much better show compared to last year. I do agree that the ROH feel is different in an outdoor setting show, but ROH is able to adapt to the change of environment pretty well. They truly delivered a really good show.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

So how was this show? I want to watch it spoiler free when I order it on VOD. Do I have a lot to look forward to?

I went to the NXT show and it was amazing!
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Wrestlinginc reports the official attendance as 2200. So it is a decent step up from last years 1400
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Alex Shelley suffered shattered front teeth last night after getting a knee to the face from Mark Briscoe. It was Mark's kneebrace that caught him. Even wearing a mouthpiece didn't save him. Shelly said that he saw spots and that his mouthpiece was also broken.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Hope ROH compensates him for that. I've broken teeth before, not fun, can be fixed, but in no way fun.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mark just wanted someone to feel his pain all these years later.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Shelley mentioned in some tweets that ROH told him they would take care of it.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Hope ROH compensates him for that. I've broken teeth before, not fun, can be fixed, but in no way fun.

Ditto. Got two teeth shattered and replaced with crowns. It's not fun. Ironically, those are the only bones I've ever broken.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Hope ROH compensates him for that. I've broken teeth before, not fun, can be fixed, but in no way fun.
He mentions in some tweets that they will be:
@fakekinkade 15h15 hours ago
I should add that Ring of Honor is an extremely honorable company. No pun intended. Was informed several times they will be covering...

@fakekinkade 15h15 hours ago
The cost of maintenance on my teeth completely because it happened in their ring. Don't remember a ton, but I do remember that. ROH rules.
Also, apparently Shelley's family was there (one of them was seeing him wrestle live for the first time), and they're supposedly pressuring him to stop wrestling, though Shelley noted on Twitter that the decision would be his to make.

I really feel sorry for the guy. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries as of late.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

He also has nobody booking him full-time. New Japan book him here and there and when he gets some momentum going he gets injured. ROH books him here and there and while I'm sure they'd love to have him full-time it hasn't been agreed on so far. He also rarely appears on the indies.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Was Year Five available?
Chlseafan

Post by Chlseafan »

Great crowd even going against NXT, ROH officials will be happy with that number. Even though stadium shows can be cool, I hate seeing a sea of empty seats makes me believe I'm watching TNA. But either way amazing lineup and good turnout.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:So how was this show? I want to watch it spoiler free when I order it on VOD. Do I have a lot to look forward to?

I went to the NXT show and it was amazing!

OMG yes you have a lot to look forward to. The Roddy/Okada match was truly something special. The only match that I wasn't super into was the Briscoes/Time Splitters match. Something just seemed off and now we know what it is.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Was at the show live. Haven't had time to give it some star ratings but overall show was good but I really didn't think anything was truly great on it. Pretty much every match was good though. The atmosphere of the show wasn't very good. Crowd was quiet but overall respectful. Last years show and crowd was 100 times worse.
Cole vs. Daniels- ***
War Machine vs. KES - ***1/4
Gauntlet- This is a hard one to rate but it was a lot of fun and Castle and Moose were SUPER over. - ***1/4
ACH, Sydal, and The Young Bucks vs RPG Vice and The Kingdom - **1/2
Goto vs. Elgin- ***1/4
Time Splitters vs Briscoes - ***
Okada vs. Strong - ***3/4
Nakamura and Lethal vs. Red Dragon - ***3/4
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The VOD is available.
ImageImage