Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

That would definitley work for WK10, but more likely it would happen at Power Struggle or King of Pro-Wrestling
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

Cole vs Daniels is official
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Here we go :

Ring of Honor Wrestling debuted last year at MCU Park in Brooklyn, NY for the inaugural Field of Honor event. The night was filled with the stars of ROH displaying the Best Pro Wrestling on the Planet.

Ring of Honor Wrestling will return to Brooklyn on Saturday, August 22nd to present FIELD OF HONOR ’15 at MCU Park. This year, stars from NJPW will be joining us for even more incredible action!

“Wrestling has a rich history at ballparks dating back almost a hundred years and we are excited to return to MCU Park. It is an honor to celebrating that history by partnering with the Brooklyn Cyclones,” said Joe Koff, COO of ROH.

Tickets for this event are be on sale now and can be purchased by clicking HERE!

Tickets also available by phone at 718-507-TIXX, or in person at the MCU Park Box Office.

The next match announcement for Field of Honor ’15 is…

NON TITLE MATCH
IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION HIROOKI GOTO vs. FORMER ROH WORLD CHAMPION “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN

As of this announcement both Hirooki Goto and Michael Elgin are in Japan on a collision course. They both sit tied with 6 points in New Japan Pro Wrestling’s annual G1 Climax Tournament. This grueling tournament holds the prestigious prize of a shot at the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin rededicated himself after an up and down 2014, which saw him achieve his dream of winning the ROH World Championship and then lose it a few months later. He struggled with personal issues that affected his career. Those issues shrouded him in controversy for the remainder of 2014. A rejuvenated and focused Elgin stormed into 2015 with a "take no prisoners attitude." He dedicated himself to getting an invitation to the G1 Climax and did exactly that! Now he is taking New Japan Pro Wrestling by storm and turning heads with his impressive arsenal.

Hirooki Goto will be making his Ring of Honor debut the night before Field of Honor in Philadelphia. The 2x IWGP Intercontinental Champion has an impressive resume that includes multiple major championships in New Japan Pro Wrestling. He currently holds the prestigious IWGP Intercontinental Championship and is second in the history books for having the longest reign as champion. Goto will be looking to impress the fans of Ring of Honor in Brooklyn and a win over a former ROH World Champion is a great place to start.

This will be a very hard hitting contest. Both men are known for going above and beyond in the physicality department and this will assuredly be no different. Either of these men could come home as the winner of the G1 Climax which would be added pressure. A win for Elgin would almost guarantee a title opportunity for him at Goto’s championship. Goto is looking to establish himself in the U.S. and will need a win here to do that. Do not miss your chance to see two bulls collide head-on in a special environment!

It’s Elgin v Goto at Field of Honor and they will not disappoint! Order your tickets now!
ImageImage
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Hadn't KES vs War Machine been announced weeks ago?
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

Burnside wrote:Hadn't KES vs War Machine been announced weeks ago?

Yes it was
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Burnside wrote:Hadn't KES vs War Machine been announced weeks ago?
The real announcement is they made a 2nd graphic for it.
Last Real Man Hype
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DAMN!

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Stacked match, and that's just looking at one of the teams.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

On the one hand, the Bucks/ACH/Sydal team is epic. On the other, I don't think I can handle the painfully unfunny obnoxiousness of a Bennett/Romero team.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Elgin vs Goto is a really great addition!
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Ticket sales update:
Last time I checked (about five weeks ago) they had sold 840 tickets. At this point the NXT show had already been announced, so any tickets bought since then must have been bought knowing that NXT was also going to run a show that day.
Box 1 and 2 are sold out, those have 238 and 224 seats respectively.
Box 3 has 224 seats, and 36 tickets left, so 188 tickets sold there.
Box 4 has 239 seats, and 185 tickets left, so 54 tickets sold there.
Box 5 has 237 seats, and 207 tickets left, so 30 tickets sold there.
Box 6 has 224 seats, and 213 tickets left, so 11 tickets sold there.
Other boxes have sold a combined amount of 349 tickets.
Then there's still the VIP section, which has 10 rows with 120 seats, and is completely sold out, however last time I checked they did still have tickets available, but only for the 3rd row, so they likely only made the first three rows available, though they could very well have added more rows since the last time I checked of course, but I'll just assume those are 360 more tickets sold.
That makes a total of 1454 tickets sold, which is 600 more than the last time I checked, so maybe the NXT show hasn't even had that big of an impact on the ticket sales at all, though we can never know what they would've drawn otherwise of course. Anyway, they're going to draw a huge crowd for this one.

Also, since it's the same weekend, I'll just post here that the Philly show is already sold out, including standing room only.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Hopefully the show can get a big walk up as well. I plan on going I just want to wait to see the weather and see if that messes with anything.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

RPG Vice and Kingdom in the same time? meeeh. Good card but too many tag team matches, I think Philly´s show has a better card.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

AlexROH wrote:RPG Vice and Kingdom in the same time? meeeh. Good card but too many tag team matches, I think Philly´s show has a better card.
Agreed, I've said it from the start too many tags, Philly has an amazing card I usually don't miss a Philly show but I figured brooklyn would get the better show and it was easier for me so I didn't get Philly tix now I regret it
WHG

Post by WHG »

Thanks Jordidebaas for the detailed ticket update. I know Meltzer characterized it as they sold a ton of tickets as soon as they went on sale and then hit a wall when NXT was announced. I really didn't find that to be the case in watching the seat map every couple weeks.

Last year, heading into the day of the show, section 1 was the only section sold out (other than e VIP section) with section 2 being about half full. Having been there last year, I think they've already sold more tickets than the total that attended last year.

Hard to imagine what the crowd might've been if NXT wasn't running head to head, but looks like the show will still draw very respectably. The best news is NXT is almost sold out, so he last minute people won't have the option to choose that show (although there are over 1,000 NXT tickets on Stubhub still).
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Mr. Orange wrote:Hopefully the show can get a big walk up as well. I plan on going I just want to wait to see the weather and see if that messes with anything.
Last year definitely had a good walk up, mostly due to Coney Island being a hot place to be during the summer in Brooklyn. Double edge sword being that the walks up were the most annoying people in the crowd that night last time.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

holy shit that 8-man is beyond awesome :O
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

AlexROH wrote:RPG Vice and Kingdom in the same time? meeeh. Good card but too many tag team matches, I think Philly´s show has a better card.
Fine with me since they're apparently taping at least part of it for TV.