Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

Post by Memphis Mark »

monster mafia wrote:Triple H coming at ROH like.....

Well he wasting his time. Sinclair could care less about Triple H and NXT. The main purpose ROH is to provide cheap programming for the Sinclair stations and make an acceptable profit.. ROH will be fine. There is nothing the WWE can do to Sinclair , overall they area much larger and wealthier than the WWE .
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Liger wrestles (or wrestled) for PWS in New York quite a bit anyway, so him coming back isn't even really that big of a deal.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is he a freelancer??
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
In what is a major political move, New Japan Pro Wrestling has booked Jushin Liger to appear on 8/22 for WWE on its NXT Brooklyn show, to face Tyler Breeze.

New Japan had already booked Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada and Kushida for ROH that same night, also in Brooklyn.

There are other significant moves being made behind-the-scenes that don't involve New Japan, regarding NXT and ROH that are likely to become evident in short order.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer:
In what is a major political move, New Japan Pro Wrestling has booked Jushin Liger to appear on 8/22 for WWE on its NXT Brooklyn show, to face Tyler Breeze.

New Japan had already booked Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada and Kushida for ROH that same night, also in Brooklyn.

There are other significant moves being made behind-the-scenes that don't involve New Japan, regarding NXT and ROH that are likely to become evident in short order.
What could that mean?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DAMN!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia wrote:is he a freelancer??
I'd be curious to know this as well.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

iamloco724 wrote:

What could that mean?
The night the workrate died.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

...Well shit, eh. Game just got changed.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I wouldn't count on there being a bonafide relationship between the E and New Japan. Liger is on a special contract with NJPW and is allowed to work other companies. Dude is everywhere and nowhere basically.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

ROH should move the show 3 hours earlier and book Liger. :lol:
It doesn't really matter if the matches will be better in ROH, what matters is the fact that Liger is probably a way bigger draw than Okada, Nakamura and Kushida combined.
Sandy Fork wrote:I wouldn't count on there being a bonafide relationship between the E and New Japan. Liger is on a special contract with NJPW and is allowed to work other companies. Dude is everywhere and nowhere basically.
In fact, the rumors are that WWE would work with ROH.
Imo, that's very unlikely considering how aggressive WWE is against ROH, or maybe they try to force ROH to work with them.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Even with the much improved lineup, ROH will be lucky to even draw what they got last year at MCU.

From now on, they're going to have to think about all the ways in which they are vulnerable to being undercut by WWE.

I wonder how aggressive WWE will have to get before people on this board stop kidding themselves and acknowledge that NXT is a huge threat to ROH's future.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The "rumors about WWE working with ROH" are just people misconstruing Meltzer saying there were more political moves pending behind the scenes regarding WWE & ROH...which in context is pretty clear he doesn't mean in a helpful kind of way.

For this show, they're pacing way ahead of what they drew last year (but their talent cost has to be way higher as well) so that's not the concern...but Burnside is 100% right. ROH is on Vince's radar now and is the most serious threat they have. NXT touring and occasionally scraping talent isn't a threat. NXT intentionally counter-programming, choking off their talent by avoiding signing ROH guys, and squeezing their New Japan relationship though...THAT is a serious threat.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

If I was ROH, I'd keep my eye on the non-contracted guy who is headlining my iPPV next weekend.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

http://F4Wonline.com is saying ROH and WWE might be working out some deal regarding ROH and NXT.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

monster mafia wrote:http://F4Wonline.com is saying ROH and WWE might be working out some deal regarding ROH and NXT.
No, they are not saying that at all. See WHG's post above.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Burnside wrote:
monster mafia wrote:http://F4Wonline.com is saying ROH and WWE might be working out some deal regarding ROH and NXT.
No, they are not saying that at all. See WHG's post above.
ah,i saw that on twitter...im sorry

another thing that i just read...the deal with liger and wwe is a one night deal,nothing much

lets wait and see
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I mean I know what the story is behind what WWE is doing, but it still seems so weird to me given that ROH doesn't even emphasize on WWE hate like other past and present companies have. They would go pon about wrestling v. Sports entertainment, but they haven't pushed that in awhile from what I can tell. They are not like one of these companies that have delusions about bringing down WWE. Now I don't know how ROH will react now given that WWE is pushing this whole thing harder and harder, but you still never heard much of this WWE hate from out of them when thus whole NXT situation started. Other companies would immediately turns this into an us v them type of thing.

I also wonder what is the deal with New Japan. Why would they be assisting in countering the company they've been working with? Why would they book one of their guys on a show going up against another show featuring their talent?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

LJimmy wrote:I mean I know what the story is behind what WWE is doing, but it still seems so weird to me given that ROH doesn't even emphasize on WWE hate like other past and present companies have. They would go pon about wrestling v. Sports entertainment, but they haven't pushed that in awhile from what I can tell. They are not like one of these companies that have delusions about bringing down WWE. Now I don't know how ROH will react now given that WWE is pushing this whole thing harder and harder, but you still never heard much of this WWE hate from out of them when thus whole NXT situation started. Other companies would immediately turns this into an us v them type of thing.

I also wonder what is the deal with New Japan. Why would they be assisting in countering the company they've been working with? Why would they book one of their guys on a show going up against another show featuring their talent?
NJPW is only working with ROH because they want to expand into the states. Liger appearing in NXT will gain them a lot more exposure than any of their stars in ROH, thus it's good bussiness for them.
As to why they're trying doing what their doing, it's pretty simple, they want to make as much money as they can. The bigger ROH becomes, the more money they'll be able to draw away from WWE (or that's how they see it at least), so they don't want ROH becoming too big. Doesn't matter if ROH likes them or not, it's just simple bussiness.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

LJimmy wrote:I mean I know what the story is behind what WWE is doing, but it still seems so weird to me given that ROH doesn't even emphasize on WWE hate like other past and present companies have. They would go pon about wrestling v. Sports entertainment, but they haven't pushed that in awhile from what I can tell. They are not like one of these companies that have delusions about bringing down WWE. Now I don't know how ROH will react now given that WWE is pushing this whole thing harder and harder, but you still never heard much of this WWE hate from out of them when thus whole NXT situation started. Other companies would immediately turns this into an us v them type of thing.

Whether or not ROH denigrates WWE's product is totally irrelevant. WWE has decided that they want to own the segment of the wrestling marketplace that ROH currently occupies. Their idea is that every dollar you spend on ROH is a dollar that should have gone to WWE. They're now going to try to see that it does.

Regarding NJPW, it's simply that WWE is a far more valuable parter for them than ROH.