Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
isles11

Re: Official : Field of Honor 2015 at MCU Park

Post by isles11 »

I'm going to ROH. I already have my ticket for it. Unless ROH goes to the afternoon, I'll be missing NXT.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

--For the NXT show in Brooklyn, they are setting the place up for 5,000 rather than 13,500, but can add seats if they have a quick sellout.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think it would be a much tougher choice if Sami Zayn & Hideo Itami were both healthy. Add those guys to the card, and that makes NXT harder to turn down. I would still go with ROH (if I had the choice), just based on the New Japan guys being there. We still don't have a start time for the NXT Special, so that'll definitely be a deciding factor for people I'm sure.

Regardless, I expect NXT will definitely sell out. I was wondering how they were going to do the seating, so it'll be intriguing to actually see what the attendance ends up being.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Memphis Mark wrote: If you are a pro wrestling fan and a ROH fan you will go to the ROH show. If you want Vince and company to be the only game in town you go to NXT.
Pretty much in a nutshell. You can shop at the smaller mom and pop store,or you can go to Wal Mart. And if you do the latter, then soon you'll only be going there ever because there's no alternative. Then they can do what they always do, and serve you whatever sloppy, bottom feeder crap they can come up with because, hey, they're the only game in town and, you'll consume it because that's the only place to get the stuff. It's why monopolies are a bad thing to be avoided at all costs.

But most people can't see down the road at what's coming up. All they see is what's in front of them. Then when they get to that point down the road, they look around and wonder just what the hell happened, not realizing if they'd have been paying attention, they'd have seen it coming a mile away and could have turned off or stopped before they got there.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

NXT is not "sloppy, bottom feeder crap". Pull your head out of your ass.

Supporting NXT is not supporting Vince McMahon.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:NXT is not "sloppy, bottom feeder crap". Pull your head out of your ass.

NXT is owned by the WWE . Vince is the WWE . If you attend a NXT show you are giving money to Vince McMahon instead of ROH . The whole purpose of this NXT show is to hurt ROH 's business , there is no other reason.

All that said it is a free country and people can spend their money as they see fit. However let's not pretend that NXT is not the WWE .
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

DBSommer wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote: If you are a pro wrestling fan and a ROH fan you will go to the ROH show. If you want Vince and company to be the only game in town you go to NXT.
Pretty much in a nutshell. You can shop at the smaller mom and pop store,or you can go to Wal Mart. And if you do the latter, then soon you'll only be going there ever because there's no alternative. Then they can do what they always do, and serve you whatever sloppy, bottom feeder crap they can come up with because, hey, they're the only game in town and, you'll consume it because that's the only place to get the stuff. It's why monopolies are a bad thing to be avoided at all costs.

But most people can't see down the road at what's coming up. All they see is what's in front of them. Then when they get to that point down the road, they look around and wonder just what the hell happened, not realizing if they'd have been paying attention, they'd have seen it coming a mile away and could have turned off or stopped before they got there.

I agree with you . NXT is all about inflicting damage on ROH and NJPW. The WWE wants to keep their monopoly at all cost.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JTCole wrote:NXT is not "sloppy, bottom feeder crap". Pull your head out of your ass.

NXT isn't crap, but of course it's supporting McMahon. He owns it.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

You were't paying attention. Whatever temporary 'bump' you get in quality from competition disappears the moment the monopoly is back in place. I remember the tail end of the territory days. It was much better back then than it is now. It was briefly well when WCW didn't suck, ECW was in its heyday, and WWE was trying, but then the first 2 went broke and then you had WWE get fat and lazy. But it didn't matter how sucky WWE was because that was all you could get, and Vince knew it. If NXT is following something like an indy style that's because there's an indy style to copy. Which there wouldn't be if Vince has his way, which he always wants. Hence things like trying to lockdown an entire city and his now predatory instincts of trying to undercut ROH by running NXT up against it. It's classic Vince, "Kill all forms of competition. Then I can churn out whatever I want, no matter how awful it is, because I'm the only place people can go." He doesn't *have* any other mode.

As to NXT, Memphis Mark hit it right on the head. Ask Vince if he owns NXT and he'd look at you like you're mentally handicapped. It belongs to WWE, and Vince owns WWE. of course it's his and supporting it is supporting Vince. He'd be overjoyed if it made a billion dollars a year since it would all be his money. It's not some other entity. It's WWE body and soul.

But also like MM said. It's your money. Do with it what you will. But if Vince has his way, and does what he always does, he'll try and kill ROH like he did the territories and WCW, and you'll be back to where you were before. And if NXT goes shitty, which frankly it can do at any time (like any wrestling promotion, including NJPW can do), there will be no impetus to make it any better because, why? It's not like people will have anywhere else to go. And you'll have to eat whatever crap Vince tosses your way, because that's all there is to eat.

This is a road that's been traveled down before with Vince. It's the same end result every time. I don't know why anyone thinks it would be any different since Vince wants it to end up like that. Go ahead and help him with his monopoly, but I guarantee you won't be coming out ahead in the end.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Burnside wrote:

NXT isn't crap, but of course it's supporting McMahon. He owns it.
NXT isn't crap, but I still consider it to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors and unjustified hype. To the WWE Viewer it might be instresting and fresh, for anybody who's watching Indys for a longer period of time it is just another fed that emulates the Indy style. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking and predominantly overrated.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If the ratings pattern continues, you won't have to worry about Vince McMahon staying complacent much longer.
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

WWE announced on Beast in the east that the NXT event starts at 12pm! FOH starts at 7.30pm
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

borklaser wrote:WWE announced on Beast in the east that the NXT event starts at 12pm! FOH starts at 7.30pm
Do you have a time stamp for this? I see nowhere online to confirm this quick blurb you've brought up.
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

supersonic wrote:
borklaser wrote:WWE announced on Beast in the east that the NXT event starts at 12pm! FOH starts at 7.30pm
Do you have a time stamp for this? I see nowhere online to confirm this quick blurb you've brought up.
Ok 12pm was only for the tickets on july 18th :|
spundover

Post by spundover »

On wwe.com event page it says 7:30 start for nxt.
spundover

Post by spundover »

Also, ROH booked this event knowing that Summerslam was the following day and you would have a ton of Wrestling fans in the area. That's not a knock on ROH, its smart business in my book. So, to imply Vince had some devious plan to end ROH is a little bit of a stretch. Does any business want competition? No, not really,but I think the wwe understands that they need the indys. Their home grow talent just isn't making it like the talent they are getting from the Indy circuit. I can't think of any( I'm sure there are some and you guys can point them out) new fully home grow current wwe stars over the last couple years.
As far as Field of Honor goes, I hope they change the time so I can go to both events. I'm going down from NH to Philly for ROH at the Arena and was planning on going to foh on my way home, but to be able to see an NXT(while it is still good)special without going to Florida is too hard to pass on.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The irony is that if ROH moves Field of Honor to the afternoon, the NXT event should actually help attendance more than if they were running by themselves on Saturday night. I think NXT will pull a lot of out-of-town fans to Brooklyn on Saturday who otherwise may have just stayed in Manhattan otherwise. A Field of Honor/NXT double header would probably appeal to a lot of people.

I was 100% against moving SCOH because there was no business reason to do it. In this case, if they don't move it (assuming there's nothing logistically preventing it), I think they're being shortsighted and stubborn. I don't think MCU Park would care and they should still have plenty of time to set up in the morning after running Philly the night before.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I don't know how many tickets ROH has sold for FOH, but with NXT being not too far away, it will die down. If they can move to the afternoon, they should. I think MCU Park is a short subway ride to Barcley's so it would be nice if fans can go to both instead of having to choose.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH really has no obligation to move times.

For the benefit of the fans, sure. But their show was announced WAYYYYYY before the NXT one.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

spundover wrote:So, to imply Vince had some devious plan to end ROH is a little bit of a stretch.
If you consider that WWE signed Samoa Joe as soon as they heared ROH was on D.A. without even letting his last match air on TV and they could stop using ROH talents on RAW or SD!, that event the exact same day and hour than FOH doesn't seem like a coincidence. We talk about a company who "reserve" more or less an entire city to be the only one runing an event in this location.

I don't think they will move to the afternoon or they wouldn't have booked so many big names to be able to compete against NXT.
ImageImage