Briscoes to the WWE?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Ladrao12

Briscoes to the WWE?

Post by Ladrao12 »

So, not to start any rumors or anything, but for some reason, the topic of The Briscoes to the WWE is starting to gain some traction on Twitter. It's not a lot, and I haven't seen any major outlets say anything about this. Jay Briscoe deleted his Twitter and PWPonderings is going to talk about it tonight on their podcast.

Anyone have a scoop on this out of nowhere story?
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Briscoes to the WWE?

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So did he say anything that would lead to him deleting his Twitter, or did he just delete it with no warning?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I don't even know, I've caught this mid-way. No one is quoting anything he last said, so I assume someone just noticed?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Meltzer did report in last week's Observer that WWE had serious interest in several current ROH talents, but he didn't name anybody specifically.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Seems like rovert on Twitter has the scoops on this.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

He practically never tweeted after "the incident" so maybe he just deleted it since he didn't use it.
Briscoes in WWE would be cool, but I would really miss them in ROH more than anyone else.

I was really surprised the other day when I realized the Briscoes are only 31 or 32 years old. They seem way older than that.
fireal687

Post by fireal687 »

seems like this was just to get hits on their chat... i haven't even heard a single rumor of this, even though I'm not a trusted source (yet). I'm to lazy to sign on, and just read posts :D
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Considering Meltzer reported multiple times the same things, it could be Moose and the other guys he was talking about last time anyway...
fireal687 wrote:seems like this was just to get hits on their chat...
Exactly.
I remember Jay Briscoe saying in a recent interview that he couldn't follow the WWE schedule because of the farm and his family. I don't remember exactly where he said that, but it was filmed too.
ImageImage
jbroderway

Post by jbroderway »

I thought Jay deleted his twitter months ago?

Either way, the only men that know for sure are The Briscoes, and they ain't said it.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

AssShooter wrote:I remember Jay Briscoe saying in a recent interview that he couldn't follow the WWE schedule because of the farm and his family. I don't remember exactly where he said that, but it was filmed too.
Yeah, I saw that interview too, which is what I first thought of when I start reading about this. Like I said, it's probably nothing, but I was intrigued by the story.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Meltzer was asked generically about The Briscoes contract situation on last night's WON radio and said he thinks they're still under contract, but he doesn't know until when...then said "I can find out, though..." and seemed to not even be aware of the rumors. This is reading into it, but the way he responded made it sound like he wasn't referencing them in his "significant" guys on WWE's radar.

If they signed 2 year deals in 2013 (which is what people have said), I think that'd have them expiring in the July-Sept timeframe depending on when they signed. Also, Jay was listed as one of the "already signed to appear" guys for BITW, so I'd assume they'll be around until at least then.

This gained steam because Court Bauer said on his podcast, when talking about who might fit in from ROH as talent heading to the AAA trios tourney "The Briscoes could...but I have a feeling they're Orlando bound soon" (or something very close to that). I firmly believe Court is done working with ROH, but he's connected enough that the comment is getting some legs and others have said its been a rumor for a few weeks.

Maybe they were just invited to try out again when Joe reportedly goes to get a look in April? Steen was under contract in March when he tried out (probably just getting permission to do so).

Either way it seems like a longshot. The Briscoe's lives aren't conducive to a long stay in NXT, and I'm not sure they could even pass a WWE physical with their injury histories.
fireal687

Post by fireal687 »

I honestly can't see them in wwe. Or sadly want them there. I wouldn't want them to be the next bushwackers and wwe isn't too big on tag teams anyways. I feel like the wwe product would need to be more edgy for them to fit in the landscape. But if nxt allows random talents to pop up then I'm all for it. As of speculation this was a left field rumor. I feel the briscoes are under contract because of the fact they never have outside bookings.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

Any chance they'd be following Davey and Eddie instead?

That still plays into Court's "Orlando" comment, and with TNA expressing an interest to focus on their tag division, providing a schedule that fits Jay and Mark's lifestyles better than the WWE, and also allowing their worker's a lot more freedom now to work the indy circuit; if TNA came through a relatively lucrative offer they could possibly be real players for the Briscoe's services.
fireal687

Post by fireal687 »

I feel like TNA is much less of a possibility than WWE. any great tag team that joins gains a curse somehow.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I had actually thought that TNA was a much bigger threat, but Court said something generally dismissive of TNA a few minutes later and "Orlando" these days means NXT regardless of where TNA is taping.

At some point, though, TNA is going to overpay for a big ROH "star" just to get some internet buzz.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

today's wrestling observer newsletter said WWE does have interest in the Briscoes. they have interest in a lot of the top ROH talent but some are under contract.

New Japan want to keep a good relationship with ROH it said too
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Although I would be happy for the Briscoes if they went to the WWE, I just can't see the schedule accommodating their outside interests.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So it basically depends on when the contacts for these guys are up (which we don't know, for most of them).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Any word on who else they are interested in?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Once Jay loses the title he has nothing more to do, i prefer him leaving to the WWE than stay and become another Roderick Strong.