BITW 2015 is coming to New York!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

BITW 2015 is coming to New York!

Post by Sandy Fork »

Most of you probably saw it at the end of the PPV last night. But ROH is returning to PPV on June 19th with Best in the World 2015. Taking place from New York (venue unspecified).

So, discuss!
lariat_tubman

Re: BITW 2015 is coming to New York!

Post by lariat_tubman »

Can we all take bets on how many run-ins the main event will have?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Ugh, if it's Terminal 5. Yay, if it is somewhere else.

Likely Terminal 5.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Ladrao12 wrote:Ugh, if it's Terminal 5. Yay, if it is somewhere else.

Likely Terminal 5.
During the Observer audio interview last week, Meltzer brought up the PPV on 6/19 and TV taping on 6/20 being at Terminal 5 and Koff didn't contradict him. Koff mumbled something indefinite about some of the fans not liking Terminal 5 and about how they were maybe going to do the seating differently this time or something.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hm....contemplating whether I should go see the PPV in NYC. Already got a ticket for War of the Worlds.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Until they announce it I'm still gonna hold out hope that they return to the Hammerstein. I would absolutely pay more to go there if I have to.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

I attended Final Battle at Terminal 5 and I was not impressed with the venue. I would definitely pay more to attend BITW at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Hammerstein Ballroom is a much better venue - much easier to get to, bigger and the location of the venue is perfect for a good night out in the City.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

PWInsider have reported that BITW will be live on Pay-Per-View from Terminal 5 in NYC.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I'll pass on this show due to Terminal 5.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Put me in the boat of less likely to attend if this show is in Terminal 5.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I was hoping that with the show on PPV they could run at Hammerstein since there's less of a need to make a profit on ticket sales alone. I live in Cincinnati but seeing ROH at Hammerstein was on my bucket list so hopefully they'll go back eventually.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I feel the need to apologize to the NYC fans for them having to be subjected to Terminal 5 again. The fans hated that place from what I read on here and the company decides to go with that venue automatically instead of taking more time to figure out a suitable venue that won't cause the fans agony while they are there live. am really sorry you guys have to go to tat shitty venue again to see ROh.
Shawnwrestle3456
Banned
Banned

Post by Shawnwrestle3456 »

dhads7161 wrote:I feel the need to apologize to the NYC fans for them having to be subjected to Terminal 5 again. The fans hated that place from what I read on here and the company decides to go with that venue automatically instead of taking more time to figure out a suitable venue that won't cause the fans agony while they are there live. am really sorry you guys have to go to tat shitty venue again to see ROh.
It will still sell out both nights while you sit at home and complain have fun bud!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The dude didn't like the venue. That's fine, not everyone has to like everything.

What's up with these dudes coming on here being all like 'LOVE ROH OR ELSE' lately? I'm a huge fan of theirs, hell I'm trying to work for them, but this blind love for ROH is weird. I've seen it for WWE and I've seen it for TNA, and every time I see it I can't help but roll my eyes and think less of the person doing it. No company is perfect, but if you go off pretending like it is, you get taken less seriously by everybody.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

TYFDK wrote:The dude didn't like the venue. That's fine, not everyone has to like everything.

What's up with these dudes coming on here being all like 'LOVE ROH OR ELSE' lately? I'm a huge fan of theirs, hell I'm trying to work for them, but this blind love for ROH is weird. I've seen it for WWE and I've seen it for TNA, and every time I see it I can't help but roll my eyes and think less of the person doing it. No company is perfect, but if you go off pretending like it is, you get taken less seriously by everybody.
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE INFALLABLE!?

We critique because we care.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Sandy Fork wrote:
TYFDK wrote:The dude didn't like the venue. That's fine, not everyone has to like everything.

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE INFALLABLE!?

We critique because we care.
We're being invaded by zombies.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

dhads7161 wrote:I feel the need to apologize to the NYC fans for them having to be subjected to Terminal 5 again. The fans hated that place from what I read on here and the company decides to go with that venue automatically instead of taking more time to figure out a suitable venue that won't cause the fans agony while they are there live. am really sorry you guys have to go to tat shitty venue again to see ROh.
Option 1: they don't go to NY for this show, and nobody in NY gets to see ROH until they have figured out where else they could go.
Option 2: they go to NY and have the show in Terminal 5, and the people who didn't like Terminal 5 don't go to the show, but the people in NY who didn't mind Terminal 5, or think they'll set everything up better this time go to the show, and still get the chance to see ROH live.
I don't really see how this could be a better option than waiting until they've found a new place for any NY citizen.
Now, if it's a smart bussiness decision is another question, but I don't think they'll have a lot of problems with attendance. If they're smart, they'll publicly acknowledge the problems they had last time, and make it clear they'll set up everything better this time.

What I find more interesting is the fact that this will be a friday show. Anybody who can figure out a reason for that other than the possibility of doing a TV taping the night after?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

If they announce Samoa Joe for this I'll go
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Good to hear that AJ Styles has been booked for both shows. Seems I was right about this show being in between New Japan Tours.

Also, a 9:00 PM start time for the PPV? Hm...
RING OF HONOR AND BEST IN THE WORLD RETURNS TO NEW YORK CITY WITH A HUGE DOUBLEHEADER!

Ring of Honor is proud to announce that “Best in the World”, our annual summertime extravaganza, returns to New York City and will emanate from Terminal 5 on Friday, June 19th. This event will be seen across the US and Canada live on Pay-per-View, starting at 9pm ET / 6pm Pacific.

“Best in the World” returns to New York for the first time since 2012 and fans will see one of ROH’s most prestigious events live at Terminal 5 and on all major cable and satellite providers. Enjoy wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and World Championship bouts live!

The following night, Saturday June 20th, Ring of Honor presents a huge National TV taping at Terminal 5 as well. Witness all the fallout from “Best in the World” as ROH brings the best pro wrestling on the planet to NYC, starting at 7:00PM.

Already Signed To Compete For These Two Monumental Events Are ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe, ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal, Former ROH World Champion Adam Cole, ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon, IWGP Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles and more!

Fans will have two opportunities to see ROH live at Terminal 5 and tickets for both are on sale Now for RINGSIDE MEMBERS and Friday, March 6th to the General Public. Ringside members can obtain their pre sale code by clicking here.

Tickets for both events will be in high demand! To become a RINGSIDE MEMBER right now click here, and it will guarantee for the best chance to witness two enormous events from Ring of Honor!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »