Reason why Paul London never comeback to ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Reason why Paul London never comeback to ROH

Post by 187_Joeism »

I just saw this interview at PWP: http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/26/ ... -roh-more/

- Why he vanished from Ring of Honor.
London: “I was upset with the way Ring of Honor conducted business with me. I had agreed to wrestle Roderick (Strong), that is what I agreed to, we both wanted to do the rematch. I found out through Twitter that I was wrestling Cedric Alexander (in Pittsburg). Nothing against Cedric, but that wasn’t the match I agreed to. That wasn’t the match I was looking forward to. No one from Ring of Honor told me that Roderick was hurt.”
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
187_Joeism

Re: Reason Paul London never comeback to ROH

Post by 187_Joeism »

More or less he admitted that he didn´t show on ROH because he didn´t like the match, very unprofessional of him.
The Dragon Saga

Re: Reason Paul London never comeback to ROH

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I assume he was going to get paid the same either way so yeah, it was unprofessional and pretty low.
Burnside

Re: Reason why Paul London never comeback to ROH

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:I just saw this interview at PWP: http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/26/ ... -roh-more/

London: “I was upset with the way Ring of Honor conducted business with me. I had agreed to wrestle Roderick (Strong), that is what I agreed to, we both wanted to do the rematch. I found out through Twitter that I was wrestling Cedric Alexander (in Pittsburg). Nothing against Cedric, but that wasn’t the match I agreed to. That wasn’t the match I was looking forward to. No one from Ring of Honor told me that Roderick was hurt.”
Translation: I do a lot of drugs and am crazy.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

“No offence to Cedric, but I wouldn’t even wrestle that POS if I got paid.”

It’s a shame Paul got weird on us. I still think he would be well worth any extra cost if he actually cared about doing wrestling again.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Stupid bastard. I was enjoying the Hell out of him.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

The constant unprofessional, Paul London.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

He's marches to the beat of his own drum (to put it politely) but I hope they can get him here or there in the future, I always enjoy his matches.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Good old Paul London ladies and gentlemen.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Fuck Paul London. He's a prima donna. He's a douche bag. He can drop off the face of the planet and never be seen again as far as I'm concerned. I don't care how much talent he has. When London dies, I hope is body is donated to science. Then he'll finally have accomplished something worthwhile with his life when they are baffled how this asshole was able to get by in life with no brain in his head.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

:(

This makes so sad... I mean WTF Paul??
He's so good. Too bad he's a bastard.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I find it hard to believe that London didn't know Strong was hurt. He had been pulled from the cards of several other promotions immediately after the injury (Evolve & PWG). With today's world of social media, there's no way he wouldn't have at least heard about it unless he stopped using social media for several weeks.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I find it hard to believe that London didn't know Strong was hurt. He had been pulled from the cards of several other promotions immediately after the injury (Evolve & PWG). With today's world of social media, there's no way he wouldn't have at least heard about it unless he stopped using social media for several weeks.
London is such a strange character I could believe him not following social media and not knowing. It still doesn't excuse his ridiculous reasoning for not showing up.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Hasn't he ever heard "card subject to change?" It's not like ROH was trying to pull a fast one on him.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I like London and all but whatever, the show rolls on.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

187_Joeism wrote:I just saw this interview at PWP: http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/26/ ... -roh-more/

"I was too butthurt to show."

Thanks you ladies and gentlemen. Once again and for the last time, Paul London.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This is a guy that right now should be in the midst of an unforgettable in-ring legacy in WWE, being compared to Bret, Benoit, HBK, Eddie, and Steamboat. It's a real shame he lacks the true drive and determination on a consistent basis that led him to getting signed to the big leagues in the first place.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

He's still extremely talented to this day, his FWE match against Sydal a few weeks back was great. I see that if Roderick got hurt then obviously they had two options of waiting or changing his match (vs. Cedric as outcome)

I also understand it from his point of view, we all know Paul is one of the weirdest guys in the business, but if he was contacted to do Paul London vs. Roderick Strong, a match that was the only reason he wanted to return then he would be annoyed if he couldn't do that match.

Plus his main problem was that ROH didn't contact him to tell him Roddy was hurt and they're changing it to London vs. Alexander,
I found out through Twitter that I was wrestling Cedric Alexander (in Pittsburg).
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:Plus his main problem was that ROH didn't contact him to tell him Roddy was hurt and they're changing it to London vs. Alexander,
I found out through Twitter that I was wrestling Cedric Alexander (in Pittsburg).
This is the only thing, when ROH found out Roddy couldn't wrestle, they shouldn't have announced a match without talking to Paul, but either way man. Ced vs. London would be fucking killer!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Thought as much. Maybe they'll be able to patch it up since it really was just a misunderstanding, and we'll finally get that match with Cole after all.

Would anyone be up for a Londrick DVD? I'd be up for a Londrick DVD. Bring them both in for a supercard tag match, blaze it up after the show and tape some interview segments as a bonus.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.