Growing concerns about NXT?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: Growing concerns about NXT?

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

dhads7161 wrote:Why WWE would do the Turner Hall instead of the Eagles Club is baffling. Why settle for a smaller venue when they know NXT is a hot product?
One thing to consider is that whenever I go to WWE in Milwaukee it seems pretty poorly attended. Like, the Bradley center is usually only half full for Smackdown. Granted NXT is a hot ticket but maybe WWE was basing their venue size on their usual Milwaukee draw, and the fact that it's a Thursday night show thinking that more people would go to the Friday Green Bay show or Saturday Chicago show.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The Bradley Center is a depressing venue to experience. I certainly wouldn't put much effort into attending a WWE event there when the product is cold.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The NXT product is super hot right now though with no cool down period in sight yet.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Give Vince some time. Vince will get involved with NXT and show HHH how to entertain the fans. After all people want to be entertained , not watch wrestling. Wait for it.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Memphis Mark wrote:Give Vince some time. Vince will get involved with NXT and show HHH how to entertain the fans. After all people want to be entertained , not watch wrestling. Wait for it.
I think it's been long enough to say that won't happen. NXT is making the WWE money right now, Vince has no reason to mess with it.

And I'll never defend Vince's negative traits but he did get Philly to cheer Roman Reigns so he can still do some things right.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Once Vince gets a hold of nxt its OVER! Can you say wwecw?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:Give Vince some time. Vince will get involved with NXT and show HHH how to entertain the fans. After all people want to be entertained , not watch wrestling. Wait for it.
I think it's been long enough to say that won't happen. NXT is making the WWE money right now, Vince has no reason to mess with it.

And I'll never defend Vince's negative traits but he did get Philly to cheer Roman Reigns so he can still do some things right.
Vince is all about control , not money. He would screw up NXT because it was someone's else success story. Look at the WCW invasion angle and the ECW relaunch for your proof. He runs the WWE like a vanity project . He does not care what the fans want , only about having total control over the product. If Vince cared about money he would give the fans a wrestling promotion worth watching , not his sports entertainment product.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Didn't JR say Vince already has a major hand in it?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Vince runs the WWE , but he allows his son in law to be in charge of NXT The point is you never know what Vince is going to do next . McMahon is unpredictable . He could show up at a NXT taping 3 hours before bell time and rewrite half of the show. You just never know about Vince .He may leave NXt alone and or he turn into the next WWECW , who knows ?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Triple H announced more NXT Touring Dates. They'll be running Memphis, Nashville, & Indianapolis on February 4th, 5th, & 6th, respectively. They're running Indianapolis a few weeks after ROH runs there, but the big story is that NXT is running Nashville the day before ROH's TV Tapings in Nashville on February 6th.

NXT will also be running the NorthEast while ROH is in Japan for the Honor Rising shows:

Don't know if this is related or not, but Delirious has been posting some strange things on Twitter in the last hour (strange, even for him), seemingly after these announcements were made.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That does come across like a cock move alright.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I am going to the ROH show in Nashville. The Memphis NXT show is about 5 miles from my home. I would never consider attending NXT if if it is next door. A man has to have some principles .
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Memphis Mark wrote:I am going to the ROH show in Nashville. The Memphis NXT show is about 5 miles from my home. I would never consider attending NXT if if it is next door. A man has to have some principles .
You've documented yourself as showing complete disinterest towards a wrestler based on the body organ between the legs of that wrestler. You've no principles to stand on.

This is also a carny cutthroat business that was born out of the legitimate carnival. "Time honored tradition" is a code phrase for carny promoters to manipulate their carny performers.

Just because a company is evolving its hiring philosophy beyond your precious pre-millenial wrestling culture days doesn't mean that the company is evil. I'd suggest you cease attempts at making others feel guilty about it immediately.

This is a business and nothing more. It's actually great that WWE has become much more open-minded and discovered a revenue stream with an alternate brand, as it rewards the fans and gives more world-class wrestlers leverage and higher sources of income. If ROH and NJPW dislike it, then too bad. They can whine about it and refuse to improve their weaknesses that get more exposed when shit like this hits the fan, or they can dig down deep, re-evaluate the situation like Vince McMahon in 1996 and Gabe Sapolsky in 2004, and make themselves better because of it. Everyone wins that way.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

From a November 11 Chicago Ridge Parks meeting.
WWE/NXT is looking to do another event at Frontier. He stated that Frontier is booked up until next fall but he is working with them on this for the future.
https://www.chicagoridgeparks.com/index ... &Itemid=59

I take it as the Fieldhouse being the first choice for next week's loop, and then ultimately settling for the Portage.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

People forget that Vince is still around today, and thriving financially if not creatively not counting NXT, because he gave absolutely two shits about "time honored traditions" that didn't suit his business plan. Shitty on his part? Yes but can't argue with the results.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

supersonic wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:I am going to the ROH show in Nashville. The Memphis NXT show is about 5 miles from my home. I would never consider attending NXT if if it is next door. A man has to have some principles .
You've documented yourself as showing complete disinterest towards a wrestler based on the body organ between the legs of that wrestler. You've no principles to stand on.

This is also a carny cutthroat business that was born out of the legitimate carnival. "Time honored tradition" is a code phrase for carny promoters to manipulate their carny performers.

Just because a company is evolving its hiring philosophy beyond your precious pre-millenial wrestling culture days doesn't mean that the company is evil. I'd suggest you cease attempts at making others feel guilty about it immediately.

This is a business and nothing more. It's actually great that WWE has become much more open-minded and discovered a revenue stream with an alternate brand, as it rewards the fans and gives more world-class wrestlers leverage and higher sources of income. If ROH and NJPW dislike it, then too bad. They can whine about it and refuse to improve their weaknesses that get more exposed when shit like this hits the fan, or they can dig down deep, re-evaluate the situation like Vince McMahon in 1996 and Gabe Sapolsky in 2004, and make themselves better because of it. Everyone wins that way.
Wow. Vince is an evil man . You kidding yourself if you think otherwise. If you support the WWE , you support an evil man . Those are just facts. Google Owen Hart , Stu Hart , Martha Hart , Don Owens , Johnny Valiant and countless of others if you need proof. Don't justify McMahon's actions , is an evil person. Also , no need for personal attacks just you disagree and refuse to accept the truth about the WWE . They are an evil company that destroys people.. That is a fact.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I don't support the Owen Hart release for the obvious reasons; it's not my place to condemn others for purchasing and enjoying though, nor is it yours. Every wrestling promoter is scum when put under a real world morals microscope.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Memphis Mark wrote:
Wow. Vince is an evil man . You kidding yourself if you think otherwise. If you support the WWE , you support an evil man . Those are just facts. Google Owen Hart , Stu Hart , Martha Hart , Don Owens , Johnny Valiant and countless of others if you need proof. Don't justify McMahon's actions , is an evil person. Also , no need for personal attacks just you disagree and refuse to accept the truth about the WWE . They are an evil company that destroys people.. That is a fact.
Who let Billy Jack Haynes make an account?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Vince is a shitheel. Shocking news I know.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JTCole wrote:Vince is a shitheel. Shocking news I know.
And created a, for all practical purposes, monopoly on professional wrestling. And we all know how things thrive in a system run by a monopoly: you will be served a shitburger, and you will eat it or starve. For those that don't remember a life that did not consist exclusively of shitburgers (god, I'm getting old), you would realize how awful the shitburger is. If you've deluded yourselves into believing slapping a piece of cheese on the shitburger makes it not a shitburger, by all means, enjoy it. Just don't expect those that know better to pretend it still doesn't taste like shit.

Nothing good has ever come of Vince's monopoly, and neither will anything get better in any meaningful way since he will crush anyone that tries to serve anything other than a WWE shitburger. This is why monopolies are now and always will be a bad thing. You support WWE, you support the monopoly. You consign yourself to whatever shitburger he feels like serving you forever. It's your choice.