Growing concerns about NXT?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: Growing concerns about NXT?

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Dude, thank you!! I totally would have missed this news. So pumped!
Turner Hall will be insane for that show. I might have to check out Green Bay too.

Do you guys know, when they do these loops with NXT, is it a fresh card every night or basically the same show like they typically do with house show loops? That'll probably determine how many I try to get to.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So for those who may have missed it, WWE recently announced a tour of the Mid-West in January, running Chicago, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Detroit, & Pittsburgh. The big news is that they're using the Turner Hall Ballroom in Milwaukee.
The next generation of WWE is getting ready to invade the Midwest!

WWE COO Triple H announced that in January 2016, WWE NXT will make its debut in Milwaukee, Green Bay, Chicago and Detroit and return to Pittsburgh

This is the first time NXT has run a ROH venue. I would argue that this is the first major shot that WWE & NXT have taken against ROH so far.
For this to be the first major shot, you'd have to ignore WWE reversing course on allowing Samoa Joe to be on ROH TV, and also booking Liger on the Brooklyn NXT Takeover opposite Field of Honor.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote: For this to be the first major shot, you'd have to ignore WWE reversing course on allowing Samoa Joe to be on ROH TV, and also booking Liger on the Brooklyn NXT Takeover opposite Field of Honor.
I totally forgot about the Liger thing...
WHG

Post by WHG »

NXT running Turner a Hall is almost humorous. It's a great ROH venue for atmosphere...but even they've already outgrown it. The WWE is leaving money on the table running there. The other thing, though is with ROH only running these cities a couple times a year, I still really struggle to see it impacting attendance.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

Turner Hall is really small, tickets will probably sell out in under a minute, but maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of NXT.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

WHG wrote:. The WWE is leaving money on the table running there.
Depends how much they charge for tickets.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

Burnside wrote:
WHG wrote:. The WWE is leaving money on the table running there.
Depends how much they charge for tickets.
They are charging $75 for ringside/stage, and $40 for everything else. RoH charges the same for front row, but the pricing is tiered for rows 2-5 ($50-$25) and general admission. They probably are leaving a bit of money on the table.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

One of the issues with the Road Trip shows this year was that the premium seats weren't selling that quickly. Fans wanted to see NXT live, but not pay that much. And I think they ultimately just had fans move forward in some of the cities.

So we'll see how these cities go.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

I got tickets for the show at Turner Hall, they went on sale at 10AM, and they are already sold out.
Northwoods_Nightmare

JShmoopy wrote:I got tickets for the show at Turner Hall, they went on sale at 10AM, and they are already sold out.
Yeah, I got on right at 10 and couldn't even get 2 tickets. Ended up just getting a single one (too bad for my buddy).
Going to the Green Bay show too. I think that's the only show of the tour not sold out, but even still I'm stuck way back in like the 13th row. Oh well.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Does anyone else besides me think that NXT has surpassed ROH in terms of product quality? I couldn't ever imagine feeling that way about a wwe product.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

No . I still think ROH is much better. However I admit I don't care for women wrestling or talent that have not paid their dues. That is just me. If NXT is your cup of tea that is great. ROH , PWG and NJPW my promotions ..
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Regardless of which one you'd argue is better I think it's close. Obviously NXT has the money behind it to have superior production but I'd argue ROH is a superior in ring product. Storyline wise they are about the same.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

Honestly when it comes to ROH and NXT it's very simple how I pick which show I will watch that night or go to. If Young Bucks or Nakumara are on a show I will pick ROH. If Bucks or Nakumara aren't on it I will choose NXT. I've been going to ROH shows for 9 years I have seen most of the guys several times. There are a lot of wrestlers I have not seen in NXT and since they haven't toured that much NXT is a fresher product for me, it's the advantage NXT has.
Northwoods_Nightmare

ROH has a much better undercard/midcard for me and the tag team scene is far and away better in ROH than anywhere else.
I think NXT's main event scene is about equal with ROH, really just depends on the show.
As far as weekly TV I think NXT is the best out there right now.

So pretty much a toss-up. I think a lot of the excitement about NXT is because it's new in terms of both brand and characters and most people haven't seen it live yet. But that won't last forever.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:ROH has a much better undercard/midcard for me and the tag team scene is far and away better in ROH than anywhere else.
The ROH tag team division is definitely far better than NXT's tag team division, but with regards to depth, I'd say they're pretty even.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

jjankows wrote:I've been going to ROH shows for 9 years I have seen most of the guys several times. There are a lot of wrestlers I have not seen in NXT and since they haven't toured that much NXT is a fresher product for me, it's the advantage NXT has.
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I think a lot of the excitement about NXT is because it's new in terms of both brand and characters and most people haven't seen it live yet. But that won't last forever.
I think this is a lot of the reason that NXT shows are such a hot ticket right now, I've never seen any of the current NXT talent live before, other than Joe, and I've only seen him once. The brand is new, and due to the nature of it being developmental, the talent is fresh. It also makes it tough when they are using buildings that are more than likely way too small for the demand.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

NXT will be relevant until the main roster adopts it's style. And there are so many things against that happening.

Unless WWE and USA are willing to let Smackdown be more like NXT as an experiment.
Northwoods_Nightmare

JTCole wrote:NXT will be relevant until the main roster adopts it's style. And there are so many things against that happening.

Unless WWE and USA are willing to let Smackdown be more like NXT as an experiment.
I'm a big proponent of Smackdown being run separately from Raw. Different rosters, different storylines, different creative team, and heck make it a different style too. I used to to watch Smackdown every week but once it became "Raw Lite" where nothing ever happened I stopped watching it almost completely.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why WWE would do the Turner Hall instead of the Eagles Club is baffling. Why settle for a smaller venue when they know NXT is a hot product?