Official Conquest Tour (Live Events) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
damasta414

Re: Official Conquest Tour (Live Events) Thread

Post by damasta414 »

ACH vs Joe. MOTY. Insane
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Just got home from this one and had a fun time as always. Unfortunately, this turned out to be pretty much the filler show that it looked like, with a lot of it being pretty mediocre. Maybe I've just been spoiled with the last few sets of ROH shows I've gone to being extra amazing, but this felt more like a typical wrestling show than an ROH show, if that makes any sense. No return date announced. Talked to Jeff Jones who said their still trying to get it scheduled, possibly in conjunction with a Hopkins show.
Highlights were Joe vs ACH, Elgin vs Alexander, and Scarlett's shirt.

Pre-show match Six-man tag featuring Dirden and a bunch of guys I don't really know (regocnized a couple from the Decade segment on TV but names are escaping me). Pretty good for a pre-show match.

Strong vs Daivari: Good opener and probably my favorite match of the first half. I'm not sure if Daivari's style would fit well with ROH long term, but it worked pretty well here and Strong is always fun to watch

Young vs Ferrara Young came back to a great reception. In a vacuum this would be a pretty decent match. Unfortunately, Ferrara got in too much offense in my opinion and Young didn't look as strong in his return as I thought he should. Losing by DQ due to a low blow doesn't do him any favors either. Young cuts a promo afterwards putting over the crowd, and then turning heel and insulting everyone which is just as it should be.

BCB vs Briscoe Bruiser came to the ring with a big cigar in his mouth and a keg on his shoulder and proceeded to spit beer onto people in the crowd. It was hilariously gross. The match was alright, although a little slow in my opinion.

RPG Vice vs The Decade Baretta and Romero came out to a surprisingly mild reaction. Another match that I felt was too slow and didn't feel like it really ever got going. Kind of a shame sense it was their debut. RPG Vice's finisher is a spiked version of that reverse tombstone thing Baretta does.

Taven vs Cheeseburger Taven was quite entertaining throughout his whole time out there and made this better and a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

Elgin vs Alexander Most of the crowd seemed unaware who Alexander was but it didn't seem to affect much. Good match with a lot of heavy strikes. I was surprised at Alexander's size; for some reason I never noticed it before. I'd like to see Alexander back in a singles role, since Monster Mafia apparently won't be a thing in ROH.

Joe vs ACH Really great match. Personally, I don't think it was MOTYC level, but very good none-the-less. Lots of striking and leg kicks, which ACH sold very well in the beginning. ACH surprisingly over considering he was in there with Joe. There were some nice teases on the finish. Best match of the night for sure.

Briscoe/Lethal vs reDRagon A bit of a disappointing main event considering the sheer amount of talent involved, although it's kind of what I expected. The purpose of the match was to showcase and further the rivalry between the Jay's rather than just have a five-star match. That part of it was done well. The two had a showdown afterwards.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Strong vs Daivari: Good opener and probably my favorite match of the first half. I'm not sure if Daivari's style would fit well with ROH long term, but it worked pretty well here and Strong is always fun to watch
I'm very interested in this match just because Daivari has been such a big part of the MN indy scene the last few years. This sounds about right though, I'm not sure how his style would mesh with ROH's.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Just got home from this one and had a fun time as always. Unfortunately, this turned out to be pretty much the filler show that it looked like, with a lot of it being pretty mediocre. .
Sounds like the Dearborn show then. Hopefully tomorrows will be more like Dayton.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Highlights were Joe vs ACH, Elgin vs Alexander, and Scarlett's shirt.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

damasta414 wrote:ACH vs Joe. MOTY. Insane
You were there? How long did it go?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
Yes I was in attendance. Didn't time it but they gave it a good length of time. I'd say around the 30 minute mark. It felt longer than the main event itself.
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

damasta414 wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:
Yes I was in attendance. Didn't time it but they gave it a good length of time. I'd say around the 30 minute mark. It felt longer than the main event itself.
Reports are saying about 18 minutes for ACH/Joe

Just the right amount.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote: Pre-show match Six-man tag featuring Dirden and a bunch of guys I don't really know (regocnized a couple from the Decade segment on TV but names are escaping me). Pretty good for a pre-show match.
Here were the guys in the dark match, according to PWP:
Dark match: Shaheem Ali, Tyler Thomas, and Danny Adams def. John Greed, Davey Vega and Jake Dirden
Davey Vega is a regular in AIW and recently AAW, John Greed is one half of The Overdogs (with Sebastian Suave) in Smash Wrestling, and I think Tyler Thomas is relatively new. He has been booked in Smash Wrestling & AIW lately.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:Image
Heard a lot of people say that the attendance was great. I saw one guy on Twitter say that the attendance for this show blew away the attendance from Death Before Dishonor XII last year (and that show had Styles & The Young Bucks on it).
KushedGod

Post by KushedGod »

Just getting home from the show. And it was awesome. Always have a great time at roh shows. Ach vs jacobs and joe vs elgin stole the show.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

KushedGod wrote:Just getting home from the show. And it was awesome. Always have a great time at roh shows. Ach vs jacobs and joe vs elgin stole the show.
Jacobs/ACH was very good but imo the ReDragon vs Remundy Vice was a step above. Amazing night all around.
KushedGod

Post by KushedGod »

damasta414 wrote:
KushedGod wrote:Just getting home from the show. And it was awesome. Always have a great time at roh shows. Ach vs jacobs and joe vs elgin stole the show.
Jacobs/ACH was very good but imo the ReDragon vs Remundy Vice was a step above. Amazing night all around.
I don't know why but i wasnt that into the initial match, once RPG vice hit their finish and got to the title match it picked up.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Real good show in Chicago tonight. I definitely liked this one a lot better than the previous night. Low key set up from a production standpoint but the place was pretty packed. Didn't get a real good headcount, but I'd guess at least 900? I will say that the line outside to get in before doors opened both in Chicago and Milwaukee was way longer than normal. It was a very well paced show too.
Highlights were ACH vs Jacobs, RPG Vice vs reDRagon, and Elgin vs Joe

Pre-show: Romantic Touch vs Stokely Hathaway. Nothing special there.

Diesel vs Ferrara Decent opener. I'll say that Will Ferrara is definitely growing on me; Diesel not so much.

ACH vs Jacobs Awesome match! I really loved this one. This was ACH at his best, and the best Jacobs match I've seen in a while. ACH pulled out some moves I haven't seen him do before including an awesome spot where he sprinted around the outside, swung sideways around the ringpost, and caught Jacobs in a headscissors! This was the show stealer for me. Night 1 they teased dissension between Jacobs and Whitmer but after this match it was full blown with them arguing on the mic.

Young vs Strong vs Taven vs Briscoe A very fun and exciting match. In my opinion 4CS can either be bad or be really fun. This was the good kind. Lots of action where everyone came off looking good.

Lethal vs Compton Chicago Street Fight had me excited at first, since the last No DQ in Chicago was Briscoes vs Outlaw Inc which was a barn burner. Unfortunately what I saw of this one wasn't anything special. Granted, maybe it was a lot better than I saw. Probably half the time was brawling in the crowd and I couldn't see any of it. Did not go to instant reward.

BCB vs Cheeseburger The size difference made this a little unrealistic for my taste, but for the popcorn match I guess it was fine. Cheeseburger got in too much offense in my opinion.

Promo time Ciampa comes out. Does a worked shoot about how he doesn't get along with management and is just like Richards, Steen, Cabana, and Punk. Says he had a handshake deal for a contract but ROH reneged on it once he fractured his ribs. Says he may leave and go somewhere else soon but wants Briscoe while he's still around. Silas comes out and basically tells him no one cares about his whining.

Briscoe vs Young I enjoyed it but nothing special. I'd say it was on par with the typical Jay Briscoe singles match. I'm a little surprised they gave Young the title match this quickly. Did not go to instant reward.

reDRagon vs RPG Vice Great match, and I'm looking forward to seeing these guys go at it again. The proving ground portion started slow until the final stretch, but it really picked up for the instant reward portion. If you look at it as one segment rather than two separate matches it was well done. Crowd was on their feet by the end. I think RPG Vice will become bigger players once they get some more time tagging together. It definitely looks like they'll go for a rubber match since both teams are technically 1 and 1 now. RPGV also called out the Young Bucks for the IWGP belts.

Elgin vs Joe I didn't expect this to main event, but it was the right call. Terrific way to cap off a good show. It started out a little like "Joe's greatest hits" but became really heated back and forth by the end and went just the right amount of time. I'm not the biggest Elgin fan but seeing him do stuff like powerbomb and deadlift german suplex someone of Joe's size is just awesome. Like the Joe vs ACH match, they had some nice teases on the finish. Joe cuts the go home promo and they play him out to his classic ROH music to close the show.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I saw in this week's edition of The Observer that the thing Lethal did in Chicago Ridge where he wore a suit for his Street Fight (and getting stripped to his underwear) is something Ric Flair used to do a lot in Street Fights against Dusty Rhodes in the '80's. Guess it was an ode to Flair.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I saw in this week's edition of The Observer that the thing Lethal did in Chicago Ridge where he wore a suit for his Street Fight (and getting stripped to his underwear) is something Ric Flair used to do a lot in Street Fights against Dusty Rhodes in the '80's. Guess it was an ode to Flair.
Flair also did it when he feuded with Lethal in TNA.