Official Conquest Tour (Live Events) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
MAXAKASINNER

Re: Official Conquest Tour (Live Events) Thread

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

:o :shock: :shock: :o
ImageImage
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AssShooter wrote::o :shock: :shock: :o
Remember, this is older fatter Joe; not 05-06 Joe. Match is almost certainly not something to get too worked up over from a workrate standpoint. More like 'it's cool to see him again'. Kind of like a Liger thing.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

AssShooter wrote:
QT Marshall @RealQTMarshall · 14 h
Almost 3 years ago I made my debut for @ringofhonor in Baltimore! Saturday, I return. Can't wait for my reception!
QT Marshall hype
The most electrifying man is sports entertainment!
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

DBSommer wrote:Remember, this is older fatter Joe; not 05-06 Joe. Match is almost certainly not something to get too worked up over from a workrate standpoint. More like 'it's cool to see him again'. Kind of like a Liger thing.
I really hope you're wrong.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DBSommer wrote:
AssShooter wrote::o :shock: :shock: :o
Remember, this is older fatter Joe; not 05-06 Joe. Match is almost certainly not something to get too worked up over from a workrate standpoint. More like 'it's cool to see him again'. Kind of like a Liger thing.
Remember that this is 2015 Kyle O'Reilly. I predict this match will be great.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

holly shit,what a fucking match!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Very nice!
MOOSE!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:Image
Oh my, this is going to be awesome!
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Meh, 2015 Joe vs Kyle in a singles match. Could go either way.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:What did Compton do to earn a World TV title match? Can anyone face Lethal now? Can I face Lethal?
I'm sure everyone has forgotten about it, but Compton does have a pinfall victory over Lethal from Liv3 & Let Die in June 2013 during the S.C.U.M. angle (It was Compton, Jacobs & Titus vs. Elgin, Whitmer & Lethal in a No DQ Match if I recall correctly). I think he even briefly mentions it in the video. It's a long stretch, coming up on almost two years since that match (and why didn't he ask for this earlier?), but in the end, I think it's harmless. It's a one-off match to put Lethal over & add another title defense to his reign.
AssShooter wrote:
DBSommer wrote:Remember, this is older fatter Joe; not 05-06 Joe. Match is almost certainly not something to get too worked up over from a workrate standpoint. More like 'it's cool to see him again'. Kind of like a Liger thing.
I really hope you're wrong.
Well based on his promo from the PPV (which ROH released clips of on Youtube), Joe sounds like he's motivated and has something to prove.

JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Should be an awesome match, Kyle is far and away the best wrestler on the roster, he should be able to carry an older Joe to a fantastic match!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:What did Compton do to earn a World TV title match? Can anyone face Lethal now? Can I face Lethal?
I'm sure everyone has forgotten about it, but Compton does have a pinfall victory over Lethal from Liv3 & Let Die in June 2013 during the S.C.U.M. angle (It was Compton, Jacobs & Titus vs. Elgin, Whitmer & Lethal in a No DQ Match if I recall correctly). I think he even briefly mentions it in the video. It's a long stretch, coming up on almost two years since that match (and why didn't he ask for this earlier?), but in the end, I think it's harmless. It's a one-off match to put Lethal over & add another title defense to his reign.
Eh, even that's a stretch. Compton gets put over more for being in a title match than Lethal does for a win.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Marketh. wrote: Eh, even that's a stretch. Compton gets put over more for being in a title match than Lethal does for a win.
I agree that it's a stretch, but at least there's some justification for the match happening.

Also, ROH put this out today. No matches announced yet, but we do get confirmation of Trent Baretta (now being called Beretta), as well as confirming the returns of Cliff Compton (3/14 only) and Silas Young.
The aftershock from Ring of Honor's 13TH ANNIVERSARY will shake Milwaukee and Chicago Ridge on March 13th and 14th! These massive events are slated to see the return of several stars as well as the debut of a brand new tag team.

Weeks ago Rocky Romero sent word that he would be in Milwaukee and Chicago Ridge with his NEW tag team partner. We had no idea who he had in mind or if it was even someone from the ROH locker room. But live on PPV during commentary for the 13th ANNIVERSARY, Romero made his big reveal. The team of ROPPONGI VICE is on the way to Ring of Honor...featuring the debut of BERETTA! Beretta is hugely in demand and now he's right here in ROH. Just when you thought ROH's tag team division couldn't get any more competitive, this brand new combination of exciting world-class talent could change the entire scene!

Plus, these stops on the CONQUEST tour feature the returns of two more stars. It's been month since we saw these men compete in ROH. CLIFF COMPTON and SILAS YOUNG are back! Compton's ROH history is fraught with tension as the former member of SCUM hasn't always been exactly welcome in the locker room. Meanwhile, Silas Young seemed poised for the biggest breakout of his career when he was stalled by a sudden injury. Now, no doubt fueled by the bitterness of sitting on the sidelines, the already surly Young is back and angrier than ever!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I hope we get Silas vs. Cedric, which is the match we were supposed to get last year before Young's injury.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I hate to be that guy, but shouldn't the Kyle vs Joe match go in the Baltimore thread?
Awesome match up though. For those saying"2015 Joe not 2005 Joe," that's going to apply to anyone he faces and so O'Reilly is still one of the best, if not the best, match up. It's rare that O'Reilly is on a show and doesn't end up having one of the best matches of the night.

I would love to see Samoa Joe vs Silas Young in Milwaukee.

Lethal in a street fight is a little out of the norm. Should be interesting.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I hate to be that guy, but shouldn't the Kyle vs Joe match go in the Baltimore thread?
It's still a Conquest Tour show, so it should be here.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

This is the Live Events Conquest Tour thread.

The Joe/O'Reilly match will take place in Baltimore. ROH is taping TV in Baltimore.

This should be discussed in the TV Conquest Tour thread.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The reason why I changed things up and made two threads was to separate TV Spoilers from being in the same thread as the VOD/Live Events. I don't think the regular thread should be covered in Spoiler Tags. Some might find that annoying, so I separated the two to eleviate any potential confusion.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I hope someday their website will be up to date...
There are still links to the 13th Anniversary PPV and to the Winter Warriors Tour on the homepage and they never update the roster...
I'm not even sure you can find the four matches on the same page for the next TV Taping in 3 days... :roll:
ImageImage