Will ROH bring in Samoa Joe?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFan25

Will ROH bring in Samoa Joe?

Post by ROHFan25 »

Samoa Joe @SamoaJoe · 21m 21 minutes ago
I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.

Joe definitely isn't the same worker he was when he was in ROH, but I'd still like to see him come back. Maybe being in ROH would motivate him too, because it's impossible to stay motivated in the shithole that is TNA.
The Dragon Saga

Re: Will ROH bring in Samoa Joe?

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Will they...? Is that the question to ask right now? Of course they will!

ROH is the sort of thing Joe needs. The problem hasn't been Joe, its been how TNA have used Joe for the past four to five years, they completely chopped his nuts off and never gave them back to him. ROH is the perfect place for Joe to return, re-cement what made him the Samoan Submission Machine and an ROH icon in the first place and prove that he had a lot more to offer then they were going to allow him to show.

Plus, his contract expired according to John Gaburick on Twitter, so he can very realistically show up at the 13th Anniversary as what would be an awesome surprise for ROH's 13th birthday.

Imagine Joe squaring up to Jay Briscoe to end the 13th Anniversary PPV. Or even Styles and Briscoe and Joe interrupts them and kills them both. BAH GAWD the possibilities are endless!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

They'll definitely bring him in.

Typical TNA, by the way, as he's involved in their main angle right now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

joe joe joe joe!
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I would go nuts if he's at the Anniversary show.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Even if he's not the Joe of old, it would be awesome seeing him in Ring of Honor at least one more time. If only they could make a move to splice "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years!" into the intro of his new theme, a la Roddy's old Boondock Saints intro. At least for his return or first match back.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Will they...? Is that the question to ask right now? Of course they will!

ROH is the sort of thing Joe needs. The problem hasn't been Joe, its been how TNA have used Joe for the past four to five years, they completely chopped his nuts off and never gave them back to him. ROH is the perfect place for Joe to return, re-cement what made him the Samoan Submission Machine and an ROH icon in the first place and prove that he had a lot more to offer then they were going to allow him to show.

Plus, his contract expired according to John Gaburick on Twitter, so he can very realistically show up at the 13th Anniversary as what would be an awesome surprise for ROH's 13th birthday.

Imagine Joe squaring up to Jay Briscoe to end the 13th Anniversary PPV. Or even Styles and Briscoe and Joe interrupts them and kills them both. BAH GAWD the possibilities are endless!

That's exactly the way that the show needs to end IMO. Although I've heard that the World Title match isn't going to be the main event, but the perfect ending to the show is Jay standing tall, and Joes music hits. Staredown to close the show.

Jay hasn't been pinned in 2 years. Joe has the longest ROH title reign ever. Story writes itself.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JOE JOE JOE!
MOOSE!
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Him being in ROH would be great but I'd also like to see him have an NXT run, and maybe a main roster stint. Say what you will about how the main roster is run but he deserves a chance at the very least.

And quite frankly I don't think they could do worse than what TNA put him through by the end.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

fuck wwe

joe in roh, in njpw....holly shit.
Last edited by monster mafia on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

monster mafia wrote:fuck wwe
OK
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

ROH along with New Japan (Ishii/Joe, I'd die happy) is the best place that Joe can be in right now. There are two logical storylines that Joe could do upon his return, the most obvious:
ROHFan25 wrote: Jay hasn't been pinned in 2 years. Joe has the longest ROH title reign ever. Story writes itself.
Or even, Joe/Lethal if they don't fancy making Joe their top guy. Lethal and Joe have history (lots) and Lethal is on absolute fire right now, Joe stepping into the ring with Lethal would most probably light a fire under him.

It all depends on Joe's contract with TNA, it could have a non-compete cause (doubtful) which mean he wouldn't be able to appear at 13th Anniversary.

I'd love ROH to pull a swerve and have Joe/Styles/Daniels headline a TV Episode, how awesome would that be, like ten years later.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Apparently Joe and HHH have a good relationship so I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge bidding war between ROH, New Japan, and NXT.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

JTCole wrote:Apparently Joe and HHH have a good relationship so I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge bidding war between ROH, New Japan, and NXT.
Joe's 35-years-old and right now is probably the heaviest hes ever been. I'm sure Triple H is a fan of his work, Joe's someone I imagine a lot of old school wrestlers would like, but signed to go to WWE's development territory? Not happening.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This news came out of nowhere, but I'm SO happy that Samoa Joe is free from the prison that is TNA/Impact Wrestling. There are so many possibilities now for Samoa Joe. Maybe the success of AJ Styles over the last year or so has shown that you can make a good living working for places like New Japan, ROH, and other top indies.
The Dragon Saga wrote:Will they...? Is that the question to ask right now? Of course they will!

I totally agree. The same can be said for AJ Styles. The problem was how TNA was using them, and look at what Styles has done since he left TNA. Joe needs to come back to ROH. It would be great for him to show at the PPV. A feud between him & Jay Briscoe would be great, especially considering their history.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
JTCole wrote:Apparently Joe and HHH have a good relationship so I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge bidding war between ROH, New Japan, and NXT.
Joe's 35-years-old and right now is probably the heaviest hes ever been. I'm sure Triple H is a fan of his work, Joe's someone I imagine a lot of old school wrestlers would like, but signed to go to WWE's development territory? Not happening.
Yeah, I don't see Joe going to WWE. His age would definitely work against him, regardless of his relationship with Triple H. Besides, they have a large crop of great wrestlers in NXT already...
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
This was true until, and I'm spoiling this just in case,
Spoiler: show
Rhyno
showed up on NXT and looks to be sticking around. Now we don't know what his deal is or how long he's staying but let's assume he has no intention of going back to the main roster. That means Hunter is paying him just to be on NXT. They could do the same for Joe and use him to sell the Network.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Interesting...Very Interesting.

Last edited by MAXAKASINNER on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

it would be best to bring him back attacking the tv champion in baltimore
if possible on this short of notice

it would fall into the "conquest tour" theme & the champion would have an instant contender
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:Interesting...Very Interesting.

Is it? It's the same answer Jay would've given if Joe signed a lifetime contract with TNA.
Last Real Man Hype