Somebody or somebodies are coming

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BlackLesnar

Re: Somebody or somebodies are coming

Post by BlackLesnar »

Wouldn't Ricochet's being one of Gabe's top stars put the kibosh on that? I'd presume he was a priority for a WWN contract.
Marketh. wrote: Poor Eddie Kingston. The guy was committed to this thing and could've made it work. But Homicide didn't give a fuck about shit and booking them in straight, regular matches was a terrible idea.
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get more of an Eddie Kingston singles run. When he's motivated, he can be a great singles wrestler. I don't think he needed to be in the Tag Team Division.
Agreed on both accounts. I was really hyped when Outlaw Inc debuted because I assumed it meant we'd get a chance to see Kingston vs Ciampa, vs Elgin, vs Eddie, vs Davey... really channel some of that Grand Champ hossity he pulls out whenever Chikara put him against a big indie star. Instead all he got was another round with Steen and a few tag teams he reallllly didn't mesh well with.

I was finally able to get that Eddie vs Eddie match at least. Thank God for House of Hardcore & for Jigsaw being unreliable.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I was in Nashville for the taping and saw the newcomers in the crowd . I think it is the Bravado Brothers , they just finished up with Gabe. I am hoping that it is the Best Friends duo of Chuck Taylor and Trent .
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Memphis Mark wrote:I think it is the Bravado Brothers
I'd be strangely okay with this.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The Chikara plug was a paid ad, guys. I wouldn't read much into it.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The Bravados are coming to bring change?

Is this the new comedy gimmick replacing RD?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

The Bravados have really improved over the past couple of years . They are far from being a comedy act.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If it's the Bravado Brothers I will spontaneously vomit.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

If it is the Bravados it will be a comedy act. Because they are a pair of goofs.
Ladrao12

Re: Somebody or somebodies a are coming

Post by Ladrao12 »

BlackLesnar wrote:Wouldn't Ricochet's being one of Gabe's top stars put the kibosh on that? I'd presume he was a priority for a WWN contract.
Isn't he contracted to Lucha Underground? I don't know if Gabe would have any "say" in the matter. Just some harsh words.

Also, I'd be on board for a Bravado return, so long as they continue to be the Bravados of 2013/2014.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Somebody or somebodies a are coming

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote:
BlackLesnar wrote:Wouldn't Ricochet's being one of Gabe's top stars put the kibosh on that? I'd presume he was a priority for a WWN contract.
Isn't he contracted to Lucha Underground? I don't know if Gabe would have any "say" in the matter. Just some harsh words.

Also, I'd be on board for a Bravado return, so long as they continue to be the Bravados of 2013/2014.
I know Lucha Underground & WWN are under a handshake deal with Ricochet, but as far as commitments go, I think Lucha Underground would have say over Gabe. Besides, if he were to appear, it would be as the Prince Puma character, not Ricochet.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I loved the Bravados in ROH, probably one of the only things during the Smokey Mountain Of Honor days that went down well for me, wish they had stayed on but management changes can alter that. I always felt their gimmick was great at being both funny but also annoying enough to get great heat.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Bravados as grandma's boys was an awesome gimmick. Then they returned from Japan and got all serious.

At the time, I really wanted to have RD manage them and have it implied he was sleeping with the unseen Grandma Bravado so she'd write him into her will. Done right, there could've been some gold segments there.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Bravado's wouldn't be anything headline worthy, but a good addition. I liked them in the first run, and although I haven't seen much of them since, it sounds like they've improved quite a bit.

Ricochet in ROH would be tremendous.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

You're right. It wouldn't be headline worthy. To introduce them in this matter is the equivalent of getting blue balls.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Cryptic messages about how "they're coming" have been done to fucking death. I would welcome someone who isn't Matt Hardy trolling the fans this way in their return.
Last Real Man Hype
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

And truth be told, the tag team division has been lacking for a little bit. ROH gets the Young Bucks occasionally, and luckily were able to get The Timesplitters for Final Battle. But, after reDRagon, there isn't a whole lot. The Decade will mix and match their 3 members. The Kingdom will throw Bennett/Taven together. The Briscoes tag when Jay isn't defending the belt. War Machine is still out. ACH & Sydal is a nice team, but obviously thrown together because of the lack of teams.

The Bravados, being a nice stable tag team, would be a great addition. Fresh match ups are always a good thing.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Hey, as long as it's not the Headbangers.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Hey, as long as it's not the Headbangers.
I'd be all for this.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

No more Headbangers in ROH god damn it!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Marketh. wrote:The Bravados as grandma's boys was an awesome gimmick. Then they returned from Japan and got all serious.

At the time, I really wanted to have RD manage them and have it implied he was sleeping with the unseen Grandma Bravado so she'd write him into her will. Done right, there could've been some gold segments there.
Yeah they was brilliant in that role. Wasn't aware they have come back all super serious, that's a shame. Also that would be a great role and gimmick for RD and them.