ROH/New Japan 2015 SuperShows Speculation Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shining Wiz

Re: ROH/New Japan 2015 SuperShows Speculation Thread

Post by Shining Wiz »

If it's Bullet Club vs ROH, I'll be selling my tickets.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think the shows are going to be Bullet Club heavy but I don't think it's going to be only them. I hope we'll get like Nakamura, Ishii, Jado, Gedo, and Kushida. Then from Bullet Club have Bucks, AJ, Omega, and Karl Anderson.

You can do some tag matches in there with the three Chaos guys. Plus a lot of those guys aren't flying in from Japan so it won't be too crazy expensive as last year was. I'm assuming it's going to be two shows in Canada and two in NYC so that will allow for a lot of different options for every show to keep it fresh.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Doesn't Omega have heat with Cary?

Could be totally wrong about that.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I don't really know if they have heat but maybe. I watched Omega's last shoot and he talked about ROH for a bit and pretty much said that they would sometimes ask him to take a pay cut on the day of shows because he cost the most to fly out and he would always say yes because he felt bad but at the same time was annoyed. He said everything in the ring in ROH was awesome he just got annoyed sometimes backstage. Of course I'm paraphrasing here but that was just one of the things I remember.

I really hope they don't have heat for ROH's sake. He would be a good name to have at the shows and I'm assuming wouldn't be as expensive as one of the top japanese wrestlers.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

trufreedom wrote:Doesn't Omega have heat with Cary?

Could be totally wrong about that.

I don't know if you are wrong about Cary and Omega having heat , but it does not matter anymore. Cary sold 100 % of ROH to SBC. Cary is just a figurehead that sits at ringside during the big shows, he is not part of ROH management. Any issue they might have had are a moot point.
MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

Omega was supposed to be at one of the Final Battles but he said he got sick so that he could skip the ROH show and do a tour in Japan.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

MooseNugget wrote:Omega was supposed to be at one of the Final Battles but he said he got sick so that he could skip the ROH show and do a tour in Japan.
That would be Final Battle 2010.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
MooseNugget wrote:Omega was supposed to be at one of the Final Battles but he said he got sick so that he could skip the ROH show and do a tour in Japan.
And the Tag Title Classic II the night before. Sonjay filled in for him both nights.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

DBSommer wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
And the Tag Title Classic II the night before. Sonjay filled in for him both nights.
Man....Omega vs. Roddy & Edwards would have been awesome to see. I know he's faced Roddy a few times....has Omega faced Edwards?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wouldn't mind Omega vs. O'Reilly for the Jr. Heavyweight title.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If nthey can at least get Styles, the Bucks, Anderson, Omega, Time Splitters, Liger, and either Tanahashi, Okada, or Nakamura (I'd prefer Okada since he and Cole still haven't touched after Cole attacked at War of the Worlds) then I think everything will be good.
Night 1 have Bullet Club vs. The Briscoes, The Addiction, and Elgin, reDRagon vs. Time Splitters vs. ACH & Matt Sydal, Okada and Gedo vs. Bennett & Taven, and Liger vs. Cole War of the Worlds rematch.
Night 2 have Styles vs. Jay, Anderson vs. Elgin 3, Adiction vs. Bucks, Omega vs. O'Reilly, ACH & Sydal vs. Time Splitters, Okada vs. Cole, and Liger vs. the TV Champion. Possible Gedo vs. Bennett or Taven too.
MHDogg

Post by MHDogg »

Just got my 2nd and 3rd row seats for Toronto in the mail! I'm hoping for at least Okada, Nakamura, Liger, Omega and Ibushi. The rest of the guys can be Styles, Bucks, and Anderson and I'd be happy.
Aedr0th666
Donator
Donator

Post by Aedr0th666 »

2nd and 3rd row for me too. hoping for Nakamura, Okada & Omega. Can't wait for any announcement either from ROH or NJPW
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If anyone was wondering, I was able to get a rough translation for what was said in that schedule hype package that aired at Wrestle Kingdom 9, confirmed the ROH Shows.
May U.S.A. Participation in a war to ROH is decided!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

This week's Observer:
The reason more hasn’t come out regarding the May shows with New Japan because of internal issues regarding costs of the shows. It’s also not certain whether any of the shows would be on iPPV. One of them should have been on PPV because I sensed last year a lot more interest in the two shows with New Japan than in the PPVs they did after, even though the PPVs did far more because people still don’t trust the iPPV technology or simply won’t order it that way. Right now the decisions haven’t been made regarding how much talent will be used. New Japan wanted to send most of the top stars, like last year, figuring it helps their brand. ROH was looking to cut back to only a few, as a cost saver, but others in the company are still pushing to do it like last year and nothing is yet official. The official announcement may be made on the WrestleMania weekend show as far as who is coming in.
Now, look. I know there are apologists on this board who can't bear to hear a word said against this company. But if they fail to put the NJPW show on PPV and run a less interesting show on PPV a month later despite having a full year to figure this out, it's an indefensible move by ROH and there is no excuse except incompetence and a failure to understand their audience.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think they should just cut Best In the World from the PV schedule and air the NJPW shows on PPV.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Agreed with both previous comments. I can understand if they only bring a couple people in instead of half the NJPW roster, but it will probably still be big enough to readily deserve PPV. I also understand if they want to consistently have BITW on PPV every year, so they should just call the May NJPW shows BITW (I don't think a dates been officially announced has it). Literally no one is going to care if BITW is a month earlier than usual.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Agreed with both previous comments. I can understand if they only bring a couple people in instead of half the NJPW roster, but it will probably still be big enough to readily deserve PPV. I also understand if they want to consistently have BITW on PPV every year, so they should just call the May NJPW shows BITW (I don't think a dates been officially announced has it). Literally no one is going to care if BITW is a month earlier than usual.
Nice idea.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

dhads7161 wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Agreed with both previous comments. I can understand if they only bring a couple people in instead of half the NJPW roster, but it will probably still be big enough to readily deserve PPV. I also understand if they want to consistently have BITW on PPV every year, so they should just call the May NJPW shows BITW (I don't think a dates been officially announced has it). Literally no one is going to care if BITW is a month earlier than usual.
Nice idea.
Not joking, Meltzer did say it was Greg (GREG THE OFFICE BOY) who wants the PPV's to be at the exact same time every year. So he cares. Greg cares.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think the reasoning behind keeping the New Japan shows off ppv is to create another big show. If the New Japan show combines with BITW that will be one awesome show which will probably do the same buys as a normal ROH PPv if not more. Keeping them separate will give them a PPV which people will buy plus a joint new Japan show which people will also buy and do really well. I think the goal is to have two shows that get a lot of buys instead of just one.