Official Winter Warriors Tour Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour Thread

Post by Sandy Fork »

Remember when Strong had a manager who did the talking for him?
Those were the days...
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Less is more applies here. Or as Sandy Fork just said get him a manager again. That interview was tripe.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Wilson wrote:Oh, Roddy, how did you' become so criminally awful at cutting face promos?

He's has no talent at it. None whatsoever. Much like the passionate guy that wants to be a football player, yet doesn't have a lick of athleticism and can't be on the team no matter how hard he tries. Roddy is the equivalent of human white noise on the mic.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Ticket sales update:
30 5th row and 320 GA tix left for Dearborn.
15 5th row and 360 GA tix left for Dayton.
Adding walk-up sales, there should be around 600 people in attendance for both shows.

Also, since we're going to use this thread for the next few shows as well, would be nice if it could be kept spoiler free, or if people would use spoiler tags. Thanks in advance.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

jordidebaas wrote: Also, since we're going to use this thread for the next few shows as well, would be nice if it could be kept spoiler free, or if people would use spoiler tags. Thanks in advance.
Because they're going to be on TV? I mean, yes, Dearborn is a Road Rage Taping, but it's also a DVD Show (ROH confirmed this to someone on Twitter), meaning that not every single match on the show will make TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the info on the autograph sessions. They're for both Dearborn & Dayton:
This weekend Ring of Honor returns to Dearborn, Michigan and Dayton, Ohio. Prior to the beginning of both events there will be an autograph signing and we can now confirm who will take part ….

ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal, #Reborn Matt Sydal and International Star Alberto El Patrón will be signing autographs & taking photos with the fans.

Pricing is as follows ...
$20 per wrestler - you will receive one autographed item and a posed photo

Doors open at 6:00pm both nights and the autograph signing will run from 6:15pm to 7:15pm.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

I will be posting results LIVE but I will put a thread in the spoiler area for those who want to avoid the Dearborn results. Whoever posts them in here can do what they want.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Sandy Fork wrote:Remember when Strong had a manager who did the talking for him?
Those were the days...
I remember when Austin Aries did the talking for Roderick Strong . Those were the days.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Anyone else disappointed in the Dayton undercard? I mean, some or all of these guys could be good but the crowd isn't going to know them and the match outcome isn't going to be in any doubt. The last Dayton and Cincinnati shows I felt pretty much had solid lineups top to bottom. Just shows the roster isn't all that deep when they have to resort to a bunch of indy bring-ins because all the semi regulars and a couple regulars are missing. Then again, I remember a Dayton show a few years back where I wondered why Kevin Steen and Steve Corino were being wasted against two no name schlubs named Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, so we'll see.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
jordidebaas wrote: Also, since we're going to use this thread for the next few shows as well, would be nice if it could be kept spoiler free, or if people would use spoiler tags. Thanks in advance.
Because they're going to be on TV? I mean, yes, Dearborn is a Road Rage Taping, but it's also a DVD Show (ROH confirmed this to someone on Twitter), meaning that not every single match on the show will make TV.
It's the drawback of having one thread for the whole tour rather than separate show threads.
Not that I'm asking you to do any more work, DX. It's just that if you want to stay spoiler free overall (some people still do) but also discuss upcoming shows on the tour it's hard to do without spoiler tags.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Here's a thread I started in the spoiler section. http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 31#p103731
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BigTChamp wrote:Anyone else disappointed in the Dayton undercard? I mean, some or all of these guys could be good but the crowd isn't going to know them and the match outcome isn't going to be in any doubt. The last Dayton and Cincinnati shows I felt pretty much had solid lineups top to bottom. Just shows the roster isn't all that deep when they have to resort to a bunch of indy bring-ins because all the semi regulars and a couple regulars are missing. Then again, I remember a Dayton show a few years back where I wondered why Kevin Steen and Steve Corino were being wasted against two no name schlubs named Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, so we'll see.
Well we do have Chris Dickinson & Aeroform being featured, all of whom are very good talents. Some have been preaching that ROH needs to bring in more "top indie names" and now they're getting their wish.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I'm sure they're good, I just don't know who they are, and I'm sure most of the crowd will be in the same boat. I've been pleasantly surprised by cards that I thought looked pretty shit on paper though, I just think this card could use one or two more higher level matches.

Edit: looked at the card and there's only 7 matches, so I guess a surprise Lethal match is fairly likely
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BigTChamp wrote:I'm sure they're good, I just don't know who they are, and I'm sure most of the crowd will be in the same boat. I've been pleasantly surprised by cards that I thought looked pretty shit on paper though, I just think this card could use one or two more higher level matches
I think Lyndon & Kendrick will get over quickly with their high flying. One positive of bringing them in would be that they could be ROH's high flying tag team since The Young Bucks aren't available regularly.

Dickinson is a protege of Davey Richards, so that kind of gives you an idea of what to expect with him.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

BigTChamp wrote:Anyone else disappointed in the Dayton undercard? I mean, some or all of these guys could be good but the crowd isn't going to know them and the match outcome isn't going to be in any doubt. The last Dayton and Cincinnati shows I felt pretty much had solid lineups top to bottom. Just shows the roster isn't all that deep when they have to resort to a bunch of indy bring-ins because all the semi regulars and a couple regulars are missing. Then again, I remember a Dayton show a few years back where I wondered why Kevin Steen and Steve Corino were being wasted against two no name schlubs named Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, so we'll see.
Ironic, Being aware of who Dickinson and Lyndon are, I was actually thinking about how much superior the Dayton card looks in comparison to Dearborn on paper. These aren't your average tryout/seminar scrubs, they should impress if given a decent opportunity to shine.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Well we do have Chris Dickinson & Aeroform being featured, all of whom are very good talents. Some have been preaching that ROH needs to bring in more "top indie names" and now they're getting their wish.
I wouldn't consider Dickinson and Aeroform as top indie names, but they are good names nonetheless.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Ladrao12 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Well we do have Chris Dickinson & Aeroform being featured, all of whom are very good talents. Some have been preaching that ROH needs to bring in more "top indie names" and now they're getting their wish.
I wouldn't consider Dickinson and Aeroform as top indie names, but they are good names nonetheless.
In terms of talent they can get who aren't under contract to WWNLive or have other commitments they are. Dickinson and Aeroform have good experience and are names in their respective areas. Obviously there are names out there like Trevor Lee who for SOME reason isn't in ROH but that's for another time.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

PWInsider reporting that their correspondent yesterday said 800-900 people in attendance for Dearborn. Good number.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Where is Cedric this weekend?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dhads7161 wrote:Where is Cedric this weekend?
I'm guessing he just wasn't booked. Ditto for Adam Page. Sometimes those North Carolina guys aren't booked on select Mid-West Shows for some reason. I didn't see anything about them wrestling elsewhere. Might be a case where they just aren't booked for this weekend.