Official Winter Warriors Tour Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour Thread

Post by WHG »

Interesting. If they changed the TV from Philly to Dearborn it likely means they're trying to capitalize on the ADR appearances for TV, which makes sense. AJ (who will be in Philly but not Dearborn) has been on TV a bunch already. There may have been other factors, but if they made a conscious switch, that'd be my guess as to why.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Jay's house is pretty nice, and Mark Briscoe is hilarious as always.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Was expecting Hanson vs. Elgin, though I thought they'd go with a no DQ match, so I guess they're saving that one for later, maybe at the 13th anniversary PPV?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

They should do a number one contender's match. Giving random people shots based on recent wins is fine for VOD shows, but a clear #1 contender prize is a big plus when building a big match.

It sounds like they'll hopefully have some announcement on this in Nashville.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

We are less than one week away from the first ROH TV taping of 2015! This entire night is STACKED, including the debut of Alberto El Patron and the first round of the TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT. January 3rd in Nashville hosts this stop on the WINTER WARRIORS TOUR. Plus - just announced - Hanson and "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin will face each other in a heated rematch after the no contest result to their latest encounter on ROH TV. These two want a clear winner once and for all, and on January 3rd Nigel McGuinness is letting them battle it out once again!

Our television cameras will be rolling in Nashville - but there's nothing quite like seeing Ring of Honor LIVE! To be there in person on January 3rd, click HERE! In addition to the huge lineup already announced, we can now confirm even MORE matches signed for Nashville:

- SIX MAN TAG action for The Decade

Following Adam Page's "promotion," The Decade is apparently in search of a new young boy. We aren't exactly sure what goes into the "audition process" for such an alleged honor, but so far we've seen them vet some potential candidates through ROH pre-show matches. As evidenced by the subsequent beatdowns, so far no one has proven satisfactory.

But in Nashville, Whitmer, Jacobs, and Page will be in six man tag team action! We don't yet know their opponents - might they include some potential recruits? Or will The Decade already have a line-up of new candidates ready to carry their bags in Tennessee? The Decade is renewed and refocused for 2015, so don't miss your chance to see them in action!

- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe vs. A Member of The Kingdom

This match has a question mark hanging over it because we don't know who *exactly* will face Jay Briscoe. Either Matt Taven OR Michael Bennett must step into the ring with the champion. However, we can confirm this will be a non-title match per the request of Jay Briscoe. It seems that even though neither member of The Kingdom has EARNED a World Championship opportunity, Briscoe would be more than happy to brutalize either one of them in a non-title situation!

But even without the championship on the line, this promises to be a heated match thanks to the long, contentious history between The Kingdom and Jay Briscoe. Plus - as we are about to see, Nigel McGuinness has yet to name a new number one contender to the World Championship following Adam Cole's defeat at FINAL BATTLE. A strong showing against Jay Briscoe definitely gives you a good argument for a future title opportunity!

- Adam Cole WILL Be In Nashville!

In the fallout from FINAL BATTLE, information came to light indicating that former champion Adam Cole had suffered a severe shoulder injury. Speculation ran rampant - would he be taking time off? Surgery? Something even more debilitating? Thus far, Cole has remained absolutely silent about his injury. We can confirm that he WILL be in Nashville on January 3rd - and Adam Cole himself promises a full update on his reaction to FINAL BATTLE and his future!

- The State of the World Championship

Finally, ROH Head Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness is headed to Nashville with an update on the World Championship. Now that FINAL BATTLE is over, we know that Jay Briscoe is kicking off 2015 with the title. The question remains, however...WHO is the number one contender? Cole vs. Briscoe was such a brutal, bloody Fight Without Honor that there's whispers BOTH men emerged with major battle scars - not just physically, but mentally.
Nigel has the critical task of determining who on the ROH roster has earned the right to challenge our champion, Jay Briscoe, who proved at FINAL BATTLE that he is the toughest athlete in professional wrestling today!

Plus - Nigel McGuinness also promises to have an update on the status of Tommaso Ciampa. Ciampa's reinstatement into ROH was contingent on a zero tolerance policy: no physical contact with ROH officials. At FINAL BATTLE, Ciampa took out a referee - though the circumstances left everyone asking questions about his intent. Now on January 3rd we will get the full update!

The first ROH event of 2015 just keeps getting bigger! Don't miss your chance to be there LIVE! For tickets to the Nashville stop of the WINTER WARRIORS TOUR, click HERE.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Surgery? Something even more debilitating?
What the hell would be "something more debilitating"? Amputation of his entire shoulder and arm?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

jordidebaas wrote:
Surgery? Something even more debilitating?
What the hell would be "something more debilitating"? Amputation of his entire shoulder and arm?
Maybe he has ED.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Added The Bullet Club (AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) vs. ACH, Cedric Alexander & Matt Sydal to the Philadelphia Show. That event better be on VOD/DVD, because I would pay money to see that match, without hesitation.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Dude, ACH/Sydal/Alexander vs Styles/Young Bucks is going to be crazy good. Awesome match making.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Added The Bullet Club (AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) vs. ACH, Cedric Alexander & Matt Sydal to the Philadelphia Show. That event better be on VOD/DVD, because I would pay money to see that match, without hesitation.
Hope it is available on VOD but I think is gonna be tapped for ROH TV :(
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AlexROH wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Added The Bullet Club (AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) vs. ACH, Cedric Alexander & Matt Sydal to the Philadelphia Show. That event better be on VOD/DVD, because I would pay money to see that match, without hesitation.
Well it was going to be a TV Taping but it looks like the Dearborn Show the next weekend is now a TV Taping and this show now isn't...
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Ticket sales update for January:
Nashville has 10 5th row tix left, and 350 GA, so looks like it won't be a sellout, like, I think, the two events last year were, but it will be a decent crowd at least.
Philly is doing great with only 50 6th row and 40 GA tix left, so that's definitely going to be a sellout.
Dayton and Dearborn aren't doing very well yet, both have over 200 reserved row seats left, and around 450 GA seats (litlle over 200 seats sold, probably)
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
AlexROH wrote:
Well it was going to be a TV Taping but it looks like the Dearborn Show the next weekend is now a TV Taping and this show now isn't...
The press release with the match announcement clearly states MULTIPLE times that this show is a TV taping.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, but that's coming from the ROH website
isles11

Post by isles11 »

However, we can confirm this will be a non-title match per the request of Jay Briscoe.
A real champ takes on all comers. Seems like Jay is being what he always calls Cole.

Now this being non title, makes me think that Jay loses.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I think they meaned Jay requested the match, and that it will be non-title, but not that he requested it to be a non-title match, though I agree that it's formulated pretty weird
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

K.O. wrote: The press release with the match announcement clearly states MULTIPLE times that this show is a TV taping.
Seems like they're sending mixed messages. The article today said it was a TV Taping, yet the recent episodes of TV seem to indicate that the Dearborn Show will be a TV Taping. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to hold two TV Tapings that close to each other. Maybe one of them will be like Wrestling's Finest was last year (aka a Road Rage Show).
Kabla

Post by Kabla »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
K.O. wrote: The press release with the match announcement clearly states MULTIPLE times that this show is a TV taping.
Seems like they're sending mixed messages. The article today said it was a TV Taping, yet the recent episodes of TV seem to indicate that the Dearborn Show will be a TV Taping. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to hold two TV Tapings that close to each other. Maybe one of them will be like Wrestling's Finest was last year (aka a Road Rage Show).
Yeah, it's definitely confusing. The website and press release saying one thing, the TV show saying another. I guess we'll just find out as we get closer to these dates, unless they provide some clarification between now and then. I can't really see both of them being full TV tapings, either, so I'm guessing that someone just screwed up the information.