Build your ROH stable

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

Build your ROH stable

Post by Sandy Fork »

Let's play a game. If you could put together a stable/faction for ROH: who would be in it? And what would their motivation be?

I'd like to see a stable in the mold of Gen Next. A group of undercarders/youngster raising their own stock in the promotion. Not sure on who I'd put in it but I'd like to see something like the winner of the top prospect tournament forming it, as long as it isn't Moose since it is obvious that he is the new Crown Jewel of the Embassy.

So let's go!
Montana

Re: Build your ROH stable

Post by Montana »

I said it in the Del Rio thread, but they gotta team Del Rio with Forever Holligan's. I could them wearing all the belts.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Tommaso Ciampa, Hanson and Michael Bennett in a New England guys kind of stable could be nice.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

187_Joeism wrote:Tommaso Ciampa, Hanson and Michael Bennett in a New England guys kind of stable could be nice.
Wicked Awesome?
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

Sandy Fork wrote:Let's play a game. If you could put together a stable/faction for ROH: who would be in it? And what would their motivation be?

I'd like to see a stable in the mold of Gen Next. A group of undercarders/youngster raising their own stock in the promotion. Not sure on who I'd put in it but I'd like to see something like the winner of the top prospect tournament forming it, as long as it isn't Moose since it is obvious that he is the new Crown Jewel of the Embassy.

So let's go!
Tough one. Maybe a Japanese faction, led by a big sumo. I have a guy in mind, but he isnt a great wrestler. Do they have to be in ROH right now?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I don't have any new ideas for stables, but there are a few tweaks to existing teams that I would like to take effect.

First, I would place Silas Young in The Decade. Of course, he has not been in ROH nearly as long as Whitmer or Jacobs, but he has been wrestling for quite a while and never caught any break during his short stint in the WWE. His '80s loner gimmick fits in with Whitmer and Page's bitter, shit-nasty comportment. If the focus on the entire unit was to play up on the veteran brine, I think it would make for a much more interesting stable. As of right now, it's hard to say what exactly is their angle, other than to groom Adam Page.

My other thought was to make War Machine into a spiky-shouldered, gimp-looking, face-painted tag team with Truth Martini as their heel manager. This would harken back to all of those ersatz Road Warrior teams in the late '80s, riffing off the energy and showmanship all those teams brought. I think Raymond Rowe and Hanson have the size, presentation, and workrate to make that gimmick viable. Cheesy L.O.D. knock-off War Machine vs Young Bucks would bring in big money--well, they would at least have my money.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

187_Joeism wrote:Tommaso Ciampa, Hanson and Michael Bennett in a New England guys kind of stable could be nice.
I'd replace Tommaso with Taven, since Tomasso is billed from Sicily.