You're the booker in ROH 2015

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DirtyDave

Re: You're the booker in ROH 2015

Post by DirtyDave »

i hope they keep the title on Jay Briscoe for a while. he's hot right now. great promos, he's in great shape. tough as fuck etc

there's a bunch of guys he still can have great matches with- AJ, Lethal, El Patron, O'Reilly. he should probably beat Elgin again even though Elgin's cold as ice

i'm not sure who beats Jay but it's going to be a huge deal with the 2 year unbeaten streak. they need it to be at the right time to the right guy- big decision for ROH. no rush though
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

agree about not taking the belt off briscoe
unless it is someone worthy of carrying the promotion

thinking that all the current champions should stay champs
until there is a reason to change titleholders

this adds value to the the belts
which represent the company
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

Sandy Fork wrote:Kyle is already a babyface by defacto. reDragon is one of the most over acts on the roster and they are only cheered, not booed. The crowds and fanbase have turned them face for ROH.

Adam Cole would also be a good babyface and I think once he returns from shoulder surgery he will be one. But the Elgin ship sailed back in 2012. The fanbase has started to reject him.
Yes but he is cheered due his wrestling ability. I like Red Dragon but as heels they failed to do their job properly, they did not get the heat needed.

I like Kyle's wrestling, do I like Kyle the person? the man? No. That's the difference I like Adam Cole, the man, the person, so I want to cheer him, I do not like O'Reilly that way or Strong that way so that's best way I can describe it.

I still like Kyle's wrestling but nearly everyone in ROH can wrestle so he doesnt exactly stand out to me just because of that. It's not like he can wrestle and everyone else cannot.

For me? It takes more than wrestling ability to like a guy, it takes me to like them as a person to cheer them. I don't like O'Reilly that way. Never have. But Cole? Yes I could cheer for Cole.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

You don't like Kyle as a person? I take it you do actually know Kyl O'Reilly then?
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

Sandy Fork wrote:You don't like Kyle as a person? I take it you do actually know Kyl O'Reilly then?
I base it off his interviews away from ROH, seeing him as various character in ROH. I think people "like" him due to his wrestling.

My point is, everyone pretty much can wrestle in ROH, that alone will not make me want to get behind a guy, I am not easily satisfied.

I personally believe O'Reilly do be not a nice person but a good wrestler. Do I know him personally? No. But I could guess what he is like, and it's not a guy I want to cheer for, same for Strong.

There's nothing about Strong I personally find appealing outside his wrestling. He's one worst mic talkers in the business.

That is just my view, don't like it? Nothing I can do. But it's honest assessment of him.

That is why I said O'Reilly could make a cocky heel champion, he has that look, when I look at him I want to punch him, that's part of what makes a heel. When I see Adam Cole, I want to get behind him.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I've listened to and have seen multiple interviews with Kyle. He comes off as a super nice guy. Very humble.
Unlike say Elgin who comes off as very entitled and with his head showed up his own ass.
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

Sandy Fork wrote:I've listened to and have seen multiple interviews with Kyle. He comes off as a super nice guy. Very humble.
Unlike say Elgin who comes off as very entitled and with his head showed up his own ass.
**Sigh, Sandy Fork. That Michael Elgin guy could very well be the next Mr ROH man. In my view, in 2 years time we will be talking about The 2014-2016 Elgin era, in ROH.

Also I think its up for debate if O'Reilly was humble, to me he sounded kinda cocky, entitled. In every Elgin interview I've listened too, I see a guy with extreme passion, a love for the ROH product and its fans.

If you can show me the interview were he was entitled I will watch it tho? Which one was it?
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Sandy Fork wrote:I've listened to and have seen multiple interviews with Kyle. He comes off as a super nice guy. Very humble.
Those were all during that shoot/kaybe blending time though. Maybe it was Elgin being himself but it could also be him trying to enhance his heel character on television, we don't really know at this point. Unless you have an example outside of the past few.
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

lariat_tubman wrote:
Those were all during that shoot/kaybe blending time though. Maybe it was Elgin being himself but it could also be him trying to enhance his heel character on television, we don't really know at this point. Unless you have an example outside of the past few.
Exactly. The dude is legit. I mean we are talking super legit here.
Tom123

Post by Tom123 »

Roderick Strong.
Have been reading through a couple of recent threads on here and I completely agree that while Roddy has won everything that there is to offer, that doesn't mean he hasn't got anything left to do. He just needs to be kept relevant.

I've seen this idea on a different thread but just thought It would work so well and that's finishing off his ongoing grudge with The Decade. So after officially kicking him out of the group, Jacobs rebuilds with Silas Young joining along with somebody along the likes of Jimmy Rave. The message turns to veterans who were never given a fair shot and they recent Strong for becoming a triple crown winner. First half of the year, Strong first takes-down Jacobs in a street fight before moving onto Silas Young. This builds up to one final match where Strong defeats Silas and The Decade have to disbandon at the summer PPV show.

As their feud comes to an end, he works his way into the Television Title picture and issues a challenge to future champion Matt Sydal. Here we revisit the Generation Next stable where Sydal turns heel and they spend the final 5/6 months feuding over the Television Title which leads to their final match at Final Battle 2015.
Chris20000
Banned
Banned

Post by Chris20000 »

Tom123 wrote:Roderick Strong.
Have been reading through a couple of recent threads on here and I completely agree that while Roddy has won everything that there is to offer, that doesn't mean he hasn't got anything left to do. He just needs to be kept relevant.

I've seen this idea on a different thread but just thought It would work so well and that's finishing off his ongoing grudge with The Decade. So after officially kicking him out of the group, Jacobs rebuilds with Silas Young joining along with somebody along the likes of Jimmy Rave. The message turns to veterans who were never given a fair shot and they recent Strong for becoming a triple crown winner. First half of the year, Strong first takes-down Jacobs in a street fight before moving onto Silas Young. This builds up to one final match where Strong defeats Silas and The Decade have to disbandon at the summer PPV show.

As their feud comes to an end, he works his way into the Television Title picture and issues a challenge to future champion Matt Sydal. Here we revisit the Generation Next stable where Sydal turns heel and they spend the final 5/6 months feuding over the Television Title which leads to their final match at Final Battle 2015.
I would be setting up to War Machine beating Red Dragon at 13th Anniversary, then at Best In The World, Ryota Hama and Endō Shōta a Japanese sumo team to face War Machine in a trilogy of matches. War Machine would win all 3 retaining all three times up to Final Battle 2015.

You could have this elite new sumo team squash Time Splitters at 13th Anniversary in their debut and have them really make a statement, then cut a promo that there's a new team on the block from Japan and this time, its serious.

As for Red Dragon they'd lose to War Machine and eventually spilt up O'Reilly becomes a jerk heel and Bobby Fish, hmm not sure what happens too him yet. Maybe a TV title shot or something.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

If I was the booker I would bring in a lot of new faces for 1 or 2 shots. I would see who the crowd wants and sign 6 to 8 new talents. I would drop the 6 to 8 would don't draw money. One of the keys to keeping your audience engaged is bringing in fresh faces and new match ups.

I would add Biff Bisick , Drew Gulak , Chuck Taylor , Wille Mack , Trent Baretta and Trevor Lee to the roster . I would get Drew Galloway if he did not sign a WWN contract . I just think these guys would spike the ROH business in a upward direction . I would take a look at Brian Myers , I only seen two of his matches.

As booker I would have to stay within my talent budget , so 6 to 8 people would see to go work elsewhere . It is the natural cycle of the business. Some guys could go to TNA , WWN or Japan to create space. I don't want anyone to be out of work . I just think the roster needs an overhaul.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Memphis Mark wrote:If I was the booker I would bring in a lot of new faces for 1 or 2 shots. I would see who the crowd wants and sign 6 to 8 new talents. I would drop the 6 to 8 would don't draw money. One of the keys to keeping your audience engaged is bringing in fresh faces and new match ups.

I would add Biff Bisick , Drew Gulak , Chuck Taylor , Wille Mack , Trent Baretta and Trevor Lee to the roster . I would get Drew Galloway if he did not sign a WWN contract . I just think these guys would spike the ROH business in a upward direction . I would take a look at Brian Myers , I only seen two of his matches.

As booker I would have to stay within my talent budget , so 6 to 8 people would see to go work elsewhere . It is the natural cycle of the business. Some guys could go to TNA , WWN or Japan to create space. I don't want anyone to be out of work . I just think the roster needs an overhaul.
The roster's gotten a ton of brand new talent this year.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

YimYac wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:If I was the booker I would bring in a lot of new faces for 1 or 2 shots. I would see who the crowd wants and sign 6 to 8 new talents. I would drop the 6 to 8 would don't draw money. One of the keys to keeping your audience engaged is bringing in fresh faces and new match ups.

Matt Sydal returned , AJ Styles makes guest shots and Daniels / Kaz came in because TNA dumped their contracts. Also NJPW send in guys here and there . I talking bring guys that have not been in ROH . I think people want to see fresh faces and fresh matches.

ROH is replying on their seminars to bring new talent. Instead they should bring the talent that people want to see. I want to see Taylor , Mack , Gulak , Biff, Galloway and Lee in ROH . When ROH was founded they would bring in all the top guys from the indies , they need to go back in that direction.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Memphis Mark wrote:
YimYac wrote:

Matt Sydal returned , AJ Styles makes guest shots and Daniels / Kaz came in because TNA dumped their contracts. Also NJPW send in guys here and there . I talking bring guys that have not been in ROH . I think people want to see fresh faces and fresh matches.

ROH is replying on their seminars to bring new talent. Instead they should bring the talent that people want to see. I want to see Taylor , Mack , Gulak , Biff, Galloway and Lee in ROH . When ROH was founded they would bring in all the top guys from the indies , they need to go back in that direction.
Ray Rowe, Hanson, Moose, Andrew Everett (pre injury). Plus a lot of old talent have experienced newfound and fresh characters such as Lethal, Adam Page, and Elgin. Plus as you mentioned all the returning talent. I'd say thats pretty good variety.

They can't completely kill off half the roster every year to bring in who is hot off the indies. A good amount of the roster has come from the ROH tryouts so I'd say they're working pretty well. They're looking for people they can build up and invest in for the future. Hell Bobby Fish came from one of their tryouts. That alone makes them a good decision.
MrSaturn

Post by MrSaturn »

All I know is that they need to actually get behind ACH. Did you know that ever since he debuted, he has only won 4 one-on-one matches. What. the . Shit.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

What? That's really bad, though I've never had the feeling he was being booked weak. Also means that he has more wins out of mulit-man matches (at least 4 6-ways and a 4CS) then in singles matches, despite having competed in way more of the latter. Quite the opportunist you might say.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

MrSaturn wrote:All I know is that they need to actually get behind ACH. Did you know that ever since he debuted, he has only won 4 one-on-one matches. What. the . Shit.
Wow that's crazy. Pretty amazing actually and a credit to him that he's as popular as ever and viewed by many as one of the brightest stars on the upper mid-card when he has a record as crappy as that.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

MrSaturn wrote:All I know is that they need to actually get behind ACH. Did you know that ever since he debuted, he has only won 4 one-on-one matches. What. the . Shit.
Nobody has noticed so I'd say he's doing fine.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

in philadelphia
would book

red dragon vs. the kingdom (bennett and taven) in a proving grounds match
elgin vs. hanson in no dq match to resolve the no contest in baltimore
brutal burgers vs. a team of two top prospects eliminated in nashville
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!