Colt Cabana

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Colt Cabana

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I don't think I've ever seen a heel Colt but that's definitely something I'd be interested in seeing. It's a shame it seems he won't be at Final Battle and I hope they at least agree to bring him back for one more match, at least, to allow the fans to say thank you and goodbye properly.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I present to you... Officer Colt Cabana!

JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

That's the greatest gimmick in the history of pro wrestling. Every indy should jump on that.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

its the CM Punk straight edge savior gimmick (from the SES days) only as a cop.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I see the resemblance, but he's doing a cop gimmick, being anti-drugs and whatnot is to be expected.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I think Colt started to become a little complacent this year in ROH. All of his matches seemed to be the same shtick over and over, although they could have booked him better and gave him something more to sink his teeth into. If he does come back he needs to have a completely different character, maybe a heel run?
keith6601

Post by keith6601 »

The gimmick is even better as his tag team partner is US Marshall Adam Pearce.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Colt Cabana stopped being booked by ROH at the same time that CM Punk blew up this Summer, where the WWE apparently was going to sign Cabana...which eventually lead to Colt posting that the WWE hadn't replied to his phone calls and so on. It seems to me, that he was really under the impression that he was going back to the WWE.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

While I agree with everything you said Bobo at the same time where would he fit into the current product? I would rather seem him come back to ROH when something is available that fits his style. Yes he can always be put into the TV title run, yes he's good enough to be an upper carder who vies for the ROH world title. But it isn't the picture that SBG/Cornette & Co have for ROH right now. Not saying it's great to not have him in ROH, just saying I would rather have him in when he can make more of a difference.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

cgstong wrote:While I agree with everything you said Bobo at the same time where would he fit into the current product? I would rather seem him come back to ROH when something is available that fits his style. Yes he can always be put into the TV title run, yes he's good enough to be an upper carder who vies for the ROH world title. But it isn't the picture that SBG/Cornette & Co have for ROH right now. Not saying it's great to not have him in ROH, just saying I would rather have him in when he can make more of a difference.
First, I think he is a natural fit into the Steve Corino-Kevin Steen storyline. Also, he's easily connectable through that to El Generico and Jimmy Jacobs.

Second, I could see a cocky, technical tag team with he and TJP and a good 3 month feud with Future Shock might be loads of fun.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thomas Bobo wrote:
cgstong wrote:While I agree with everything you said Bobo at the same time where would he fit into the current product? I would rather seem him come back to ROH when something is available that fits his style. Yes he can always be put into the TV title run, yes he's good enough to be an upper carder who vies for the ROH world title. But it isn't the picture that SBG/Cornette & Co have for ROH right now. Not saying it's great to not have him in ROH, just saying I would rather have him in when he can make more of a difference.
First, I think he is a natural fit into the Steve Corino-Kevin Steen storyline. Also, he's easily connectable through that to El Generico and Jimmy Jacobs.

Second, I could see a cocky, technical tag team with he and TJP and a good 3 month feud with Future Shock might be loads of fun.
Ok I see where you're going with that but then it becomes Corino, Jacobs, & Cabana vs Steen. Unless you're thinking a swerve for someone to help Steen. Because you can't have Steen beating up Jacobs, Corino, & Cabana. Generico is in the TV title hunt now but I get what you meant.

From what you're saying with the tag team, are we presenting a heelish team that knows they are technically sound? I like that. Bring back some Pure Rules for these two men and challenge any team in ROH.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Looking forward to seeing Colt again Thursday night in Raleigh. Even if it is a continuation of a $5 Wrestling angle.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.