Official Final Battle 2014 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Burnside

Re: Official Final Battle 2014 Thread

Post by Burnside »

WHG wrote:I'm assuming if Shelley isn't good to go we'll know soon. It being a tag match increases the likelihood that he would go with an injury and just be limited (let Kushida carry the load of the work).

Although it would suck, I think this is the one injury that can me most easily absorbed in the card. There has been little true build to this match in the US and you have two of the best tag teams in the world waiting in a great-looking but fairly meaningless 6-man tag. When you think about having the Bucks and Addiction to work with to replace the tag title match, and ACH, Cedric, and Kushida available...they could easily make this work. I'm not big on 3-ways, but everyone initially expected reDRagon/Bucks/Addiction anyway and an ACH/Cedric/Kushida 3-way could be a great opener.
I think it's a mistake to think that if Shelley can't make it they'll reshuffle the 6-man tag. It's more likely they'll just plug in a different outside guy (Sabin, Kendrick, etc.) to replace Shelley and leave the other matches alone.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I imagine that if Shelley can't compete, we'll know in the next few days. Really haven't heard much, other than that Tweet Response I got from Voices of Wrestling (which suggests that it's not a serious injury). Shelley himself hasn't said anything on Twitter regarding his injury.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

ImageImage
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AssShooter wrote:
Awesome. Cole continually cements my opinion that he never should have had to drop the title to Elgin. Classic heel promo. Classic heel heat. Let's hope his 2nd title run is booked better than his first.
MrSaturn

Post by MrSaturn »

The 6-Man tag should be reshuffled considering its really dumb and has not point of being on the card. Don't get me wrong, its gonna be a freaking fantastic match, but honestly, for the biggest show of the year, they can't have a match that has no reason to happen.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

is freaking awesome match quality no reason?
The match I'm most looking forward to behind reDRagon/Time Splitters is definitely that insane 6-man!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:is freaking awesome match quality no reason?
Well this is supposed to be the show that settles all the scores and ends all the major feuds.

Not to mention ACH teaming with the heel bucks making absolutely no sense (they are fucking heels)
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Technically The Addiction and The Young Bucks have been indirectly feuding. Both want shots at the ROH World Tag Team titles, both have failed but want another shot, both want to be known as the best tag team around so both have an agenda going into the match. Same with Cedric/ACH and the TV title.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Sandy Fork wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:is freaking awesome match quality no reason?
Well this is supposed to be the show that settles all the scores and ends all the major feuds.

Not to mention ACH teaming with the heel bucks making absolutely no sense (they are fucking heels)
You can't really call the Young Bucks heels in ROH though. They are hugely over and only appear part time, so there can never really be any feuds or promos or anything that would firmly establish them as heels.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

MrSaturn wrote:The 6-Man tag should be reshuffled considering its really dumb and has not point of being on the card. Don't get me wrong, its gonna be a freaking fantastic match, but honestly, for the biggest show of the year, they can't have a match that has no reason to happen.
Did all the matches from War of the Worlds have no point in being on the card? There was no build behind Cole vs. Liger, Bennett vs. Tanahashi, Steen vs. Nakamura, Bullet Club vs. The Briscoes, Lethal vs. KUSHIDA, Strong & Whitmer vs. Jado & Gedo, or the opener but that was show show of the year. Not every match has to have a point. If you want to argue that all matches need a point you could argue that reDRagon vs. Time Splitters doesn't either because it has no build up in ROH.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I really hope they give the belt to Cole again, dude is on fire right now. As much as I hate the idea of so many 2 time champs, but Cole as a champ would be the perfect start into the year 2015. Plus with Styles claiming he will challenge for the ROH belt and him holding a win over Cole, Cole vs Styles II would be the ideal SCOH Main Event.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I really hope they give the belt to Cole again, dude is on fire right now. As much as I hate the idea of so many 2 time champs, but Cole as a champ would be the perfect start into the year 2015. Plus with Styles claiming he will challenge for the ROH belt and him holding a win over Cole, Cole vs Styles II would be the ideal SCOH Main Event.
Yeah would be awesome sure! But, I don´t think that Jay is gonna drop the title that fast and also, Jay will win beacause he needs it, he hasn´t been pin in 2 years and the moment when he finally loses has to be something incredible. No disrespect for Adam Cole, he´s awesome and hot right now, but I see more a Ciampa-Jay feud for the early 2015 with Ciampa finally winning the Championship than Cole winning the big one again.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Ciampa is not quite there yet, Styles and O'Reilly are more likely to win the belt before Ciampa, although I love Ciampa and hope he finally gets established as a main eventer.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yes, AJ is gonna win the title next year that for sure but Kyle? I don´t know, he´s still with Fish and I don´t see anything that can start the end of ReDRagon. Ciampa is very poular right now and having him as the champion with Nigel in charge as his rival would be awesome.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I'd predict Cole wins at Final Battle, AJ takes the belt at one of the NJPW/ROH crossovers in the summer and Kyle defeats Styles at Final Battle. That would allow both Cole and Styles to have great reigns and to ride the momentum of reDRagon for the entire year of 2015.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I'd predict Cole wins at Final Battle, AJ takes the belt at one of the NJPW/ROH crossovers in the summer and Kyle defeats Styles at Final Battle. That would allow both Cole and Styles to have great reigns and to ride the momentum of reDRagon for the entire year of 2015.
Sounds Great! Shut up and take my money hahah. But, in your dream year, what would you do with Ciampa? He cannot be all year in the midcard or fighting again for the Television Championship :S
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Ciampa is not quite there yet, Styles and O'Reilly are more likely to win the belt before Ciampa, although I love Ciampa and hope he finally gets established as a main eventer.
I feel the opposite, I think Ciampa will win it before Kyle. I don't see ROH breaking reDRagon up for a long time and I don't think they themselves want to either, if they don't break up they won't be doing much singles matches and as I have said countless times before, reDRagon equals more money then Kyle or Bobby on their own. I'm sure if/when Kyle does go to singles competition he'll work his way up first.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Ciampa is not quite there yet, Styles and O'Reilly are more likely to win the belt before Ciampa, although I love Ciampa and hope he finally gets established as a main eventer.
I feel the opposite, I think Ciampa will win it before Kyle. I don't see ROH breaking reDRagon up for a long time and I don't think they themselves want to either, if they don't break up they won't be doing much singles matches and as I have said countless times before, reDRagon equals more money then Kyle or Bobby on their own. I'm sure if/when Kyle does go to singles competition he'll work his way up first.
I agree. New Japan obviously thinks highly of reDRagon as well, otherwise they wouldn't have thrown the belts on them. Cole has risen to the occasion and deserves another run with the belt. I'm hopeful Ciampa destroys Elgin in 4 minutes like he did to Taven for the TV belt, but I doubt it.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: I'm hopeful Ciampa destroys Elgin in 4 minutes like he did to Taven for the TV belt, but I doubt it.
My money, where do I send it?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Papa Briscoe is the best.