ROH Top Prospect Tournament 2015

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

ROH Top Prospect Tournament 2015

Post by monster mafia »

This is just a game,choose your 8 names for the tournament of the next year ( i expect that they make it)

My Picks:

* Biff Busick
* JT Dunn
* Tim Donst
* Trevor Lee
* Willie Mack
* Shane Hollister
* Jonathan Gresham
* Owen Travers
* Bonus: Kimber Lee (yeah, i know, shes a woman..but she rules)

This is just a dream.. :lol: but never say never
TYFDK

Re: ROH Top Prospect Tournament 2015

Post by TYFDK »

Will Ferrara
Stokely Hathaway
Owen Travers
J. Diesel
Johnny Knockout
Donovan Dijak
Moose
Biff Busick

I tried to make it more realistic. Added Busick because I can definitely see it.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Biff Busick
Trevor Lee
Matt Cage
Moose
JT Dunn
David Starr
Tim Donst
Jonathan Gresham
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Jay Diesel
Will Ferrara
Ramon
Ethan Gabriel Owens
Josh Alexander
Biff Busick
Andrew Everett
Takaaki Watanabe
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

dhads7161 wrote:Jay Diesel
Will Ferrara
Ramon
Ethan Gabriel Owens
Josh Alexander
Biff Busick
Andrew Everett
Takaaki Watanabe
Everett was in last year's. He was by all appearances going to be moved onto the main roster when he got injured.

If they get work visas worked out, I'd wager the Monster Mafia will get a chance to become regulars as a tag team. I can definitely see the first 3 there, as well as Busick as an outside shot. Maybe Gulak as well. But they'll want to draw from guys that go the camps, since that's where they want guys to go so they can be seen there (and since they're paying for it, it helps the company was well)

I'll add they really seem to be pushing Ferrera onto the main roster now, and I approve. I think the guy has a decent look, if a bit small, and moves well. I think he's got potential.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A quick note on Andrew Everett: Based on what he's been saying on Twitter recently, it seems like he'll be making his in-ring return sometime in February.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:A quick note on Andrew Everett: Based on what he's been saying on Twitter recently, it seems like he'll be making his in-ring return sometime in February.
PLEASE bring him back, ROH. He was so entertaining and so good. PLEASE.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

TYFDK wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:A quick note on Andrew Everett: Based on what he's been saying on Twitter recently, it seems like he'll be making his in-ring return sometime in February.
PLEASE bring him back, ROH. He was so entertaining and so good. PLEASE.
He might not be the same because of his injury. I hope he is because the guy could fly in an entertaining way (I just saw the 3 ways he had with Ceric and Lee at Wrestlecon and PWG and still feel he's much better than Lee at the same thing)
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think Lee and Everett would actually be a pretty good tag team in ROH.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I'd love to see Biff Busick in ROH. Not only is he really good, but he looks like mini-Zangief.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Why are people putting Moose on these lists? The concept of the Top Prospect Tournament is to earn a contract. Moose already signed one and it was hyped at and after BITW14. He has no reason to be in the tournament since he already has the price.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

What happened to Watanabe, anyway? Is that over with? ROH seems to have stopped booking him, but he doesn't seem to be back in Japan.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Burnside wrote:What happened to Watanabe, anyway? Is that over with? ROH seems to have stopped booking him, but he doesn't seem to be back in Japan.
hasn't worked a match since ASE6 according to cagematch apparently.
So maybe an injury?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Sandy Fork wrote:Why are people putting Moose on these lists? The concept of the Top Prospect Tournament is to earn a contract. Moose already signed one and it was hyped at and after BITW14. He has no reason to be in the tournament since he already has the price.
Remember, the TPT isn't really to get a contract, it's to get a shot at the Television Championship. So anyone that is currently below TV Champ level is an appropriate entrant .I think it's totally fine to have people in the TPT that have been in it before. I consider Everett to still be a prospect. Moose, (despite having a contract) is still a prospect. They aren't yet stars in their own right.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Good News! I sent out a Tweet to Andrew Everett about his return. Here's what I got in response:
@_AndrewEverett 21h21 hours ago
Got into a ring this weekend... I didn't even do anything, but it reassured me just how much I love what I do. Hurry up February.

@SASedor2994
@_AndrewEverett Are you coming back to @ringofhonor?

@_AndrewEverett 5h5 hours ago
@SASedor2994 @ringofhonor Of course! Can't wait.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Good News! I sent out a Tweet to Andrew Everett about his return. Here's what I got in response:
@_AndrewEverett 21h21 hours ago
Got into a ring this weekend... I didn't even do anything, but it reassured me just how much I love what I do. Hurry up February.

@SASedor2994
@_AndrewEverett Are you coming back to @ringofhonor?

@_AndrewEverett 5h5 hours ago
@SASedor2994 @ringofhonor Of course! Can't wait.
That is fantastic news. Cannot wait to have him back!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Bitchin' news.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:Why are people putting Moose on these lists? The concept of the Top Prospect Tournament is to earn a contract. Moose already signed one and it was hyped at and after BITW14. He has no reason to be in the tournament since he already has the price.
Remember, the TPT isn't really to get a contract, it's to get a shot at the Television Championship. So anyone that is currently below TV Champ level is an appropriate entrant .I think it's totally fine to have people in the TPT that have been in it before. I consider Everett to still be a prospect. Moose, (despite having a contract) is still a prospect. They aren't yet stars in their own right.
It's also about finding who is ROH's top prospect. Moose really isn't a "prospect" anymore as he's got the regular spot on the roster.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
All the winners of the most recent winners of the TPT have won contracts, Taven and Hansen being the two latest. The idea behind the top prospect tournament is to bring ing "unsigned talent" to see who can hang with the roster and earn a contract and a shot at the TV belt
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The original Top Prospect winner already had a contract. Both in kayfabe and reality.
Last Real Man Hype