Ringside Membership Questions

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
MFKR78

Ringside Membership Questions

Post by MFKR78 »

Hey guys, just wondered if you could help me with some questions about being a member. I'm a fan of ROH that used to have a mass of DVD's (family now means I sold them for the cash) although I had a break through the Pearce era and the early Sinclair era. Am a fan of the current product and watch regularly.

With the recent UK launch of the network farce (I have the US version but it can be fiddly to watch on all devices) I got thinking how I'd love an ROH network...then I remembered the ringside member stuff.

So on the whole is it worth paying to be a member from the UK? How much is there to watch as I'm sure in the past I've seen people comment about past shows being on but not all etc. Is there a lot of content? Does it get updated often? Would you say it's a good deal to a fan to be a member considering what the WWE network offers and is it a good reliable service?

Any help would be much appreciated :-)
Thelone

Re: Ringside Membership Questions

Post by Thelone »

Nowadays, you get 25% off any iPPV/VOD you buy so the RS membership might be worth it if you order a lot of those (+ 15% on merchandising, which isn't new). As for how far they are in the "free" VOD section, we're at the Road to Greatness shows before DBD last year. The section seems to be updated at random frankly and is missing countless shows from 2002-2010 (about 40-50 out of 200+).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
WHG

Re: Ringside Membership Questions

Post by WHG »

I may be in the minority, but for the money ($5/month if you pay for a year up front) I find it to be a really good deal. The 25% off iPPV/VODs is a recent enhancement that they added that makes it even better as someone who gets most of the VOD shows. You can actually browse the content by going to the VOD page and clicking the "Ringside Members" menu tree on the left to see which shows they've uploaded by year. You can see what's there w/out being a member, you just can't watch it.

The last couple years has virtually every show. They don't really change out the old content, but add shows every 6 mos or so. In effect, every show 12 mos+ old gets added now.

I've also found the full TV archive to be fun, since I fell out of the product at the start of the SBG era and will occasionally go back and watch a few weeks. I do the same with the HDNet shows too. Early (Monday as opposed to Thursday) TV access would be another benefit in the UK.

People complain about the Ringside Membership regularly and if they put some focus on it they could greatly improve the content, but for the price I still think it's a good deal, particularly since I'm not a DVD collector and it's really my only avenue for old content.