ROH signs toy deal

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

ROH signs toy deal

Post by Sandy Fork »

Baltimore, MD (October 28, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) and Figures Toy Company today announced a licensing agreement to develop, market and manufacture a line of collectible figures and accessories based on the wrestlers and world of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

For the first time ever, Ring of Honor fans will be able to collect their favorite ROH wrestlers while younger fans can relive classic ROH matches and moments with some of ROH’s most popular stars now available in toy form. This will include a “throwback” line of figures as well as replica title belts.

“There’s been an overwhelming demand for a line of Ring of Honor figures and collectibles,” states Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff. “Figures Toy Company has exceptional expertise in developing high quality goods. It’s really a fabulous opportunity for Ring of Honor and its fans.”

Ring of Honor will reveal the ROH Series 1 line of figures exclusively at: www.ROHwrestling.com shortly.

About Figures Toy Company:
Figures Toy Company is a premier manufacturer of officially licensed collectible figures based on the hottest sports and entertainment properties in the world. Figures Toy Company has the rights to Ring of Honor as well as several other global entertainment brands including: KISS, DC Comics, Conan the Barbarian, Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard and Gilligan’s Island among others. For further information, visit http://figurestoycompany.com.

About Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC:
Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Sinclair's television group will reach approximately 38.1% of U.S. television households, including pending transactions.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.
Rohwrestling.com

More positive news out of camp ROH.
MrSaturn

Re: ROH signs toy deal

Post by MrSaturn »

Holy shit, They need to make a Jay Briscoe action figure that gushes blood every time you squeeze it.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

MrSaturn wrote:Holy shit, They need to make a Jay Briscoe action figure that gushes blood every time you squeeze it.
Briscoe already has an action figure.

WHG

Post by WHG »

Replica title belts that don't cost $4k! Sweet
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

WHG wrote:Replica title belts that don't cost $4k! Sweet
They'll probably those little foam belts WWE used to make.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Interesting...Figures Toy company already owns And operates wrestlingsuperstore.com, a wrestling toy & replica belt distributor. Looks like they sell a bunch of WWE/TNA stuff and manufacture a generic talking referee figure.

As a manufacturer, Figures Toy Co seems to specialize in retro TV figures...with what looks like a wide variety of quality and price levels (small, not-very-detailed figures...all the way to 12" tall really detailed looking dolls).
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Buy Steve Corino -- complete with bragging rights regarding Jay Lethal's mother!
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Aw, man, a month ago I could've said "Michael Elgin action figure currently only available in Canada."
I am cosmetically pleasing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

great...roh is getting bigger and bigger...proud.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Sardonic Artery wrote:Aw, man, a month ago I could've said "Michael Elgin action figure currently only available in Canada."
Well did you see the video of the Elgin figure?

(This was a lot funnier in my head)

PS: Pretty cool, on their website, they already have a section up for ROH. http://figurestoycompany.com/ringofhonorwrestling.aspx
chaos X effect

Post by chaos X effect »

I really hope that these figures are smaller like the WWF and WCW ones from the early 90s. I want to make them all fight! :lol:
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Pretty cool! Nice that they're going to have a "throwback" line with former ROH greats too.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Just saw that this company makes a Obama action figure! Jay Briscoe vs Barack Obama needs to happen!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

As a ROH fan and a collector of action figures Ive been waiting for this for years.

However Im not overly thrilled with the choice of manufacturer etc. Their figures dont look the greatest, particularly headscans. Take a look at their site, a lot of their releases look like dolls rather than action figures. I really hope Im surprised by how these will look.

On the plus they do have the rights to use the old Jakks Ruthless Aggression bodyparts so there is potential for some neat looking figs.

Also hope these are easily available to us in the UK (safe to assume they will be sold on rohwrestling.com)

Really can't wait for these. As a MOC collector I hope they come in some sweet ass packaging.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I hope the Jay Lethal action figure yell at us to get a knee brace.
ImageImage
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

classic-cabana wrote:As a ROH fan and a collector of action figures Ive been waiting for this for years.

However Im not overly thrilled with the choice of manufacturer etc. Their figures dont look the greatest, particularly headscans. Take a look at their site, a lot of their releases look like dolls rather than action figures. I really hope Im surprised by how these will look.

On the plus they do have the rights to use the old Jakks Ruthless Aggression bodyparts so there is potential for some neat looking figs.

Also hope these are easily available to us in the UK (safe to assume they will be sold on rohwrestling.com)

Really can't wait for these. As a MOC collector I hope they come in some sweet ass packaging.

I actually like the way the figures they have look. If you saw the Three Stooges one (which, by them even making Three Stoogies figure is absolutely comical and great), they're pretty spot on with the face. I've seen other manufacturers, for example McFarlane Toys, the figures they put out for athletes don't ever look like the actual athlete.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

They should put a string on the back of Jay Briscoe so that he says catchphrases or quotes.

"You touch me again I'ma beat yo' ass!"

"You ain't nothin' but a big, juiced up, jelly bean mother fucker!"

"You bitch. You big bitch. You ain't nothin' but a bitch!"

"I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE!"
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Sandy Fork wrote:
MrSaturn wrote:Holy shit, They need to make a Jay Briscoe action figure that gushes blood every time you squeeze it.
Briscoe already has an action figure.

What a crock. Alabama Man shouldn't have sleeves on his shirt.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'd buy a Briscoes set
MrSaturn

Post by MrSaturn »

Does anybody know how legal it is to sell figures of guys like danielson or joe that have gone on to wwe or tna? And for that matter, Punk, who doesn't want anything to do with wrestling right now or Colt Cabana who doesn't want anything to do with ROH?