Final Battle to be Broadcast Live on PPV!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Final Battle to be Broadcast Live on PPV!

Post by TYFDK »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-re ... 4-live-ppv
RING OF HONOR RETURNS TO NEW YORK CITY WITH FINAL BATTLE 2014 LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW SUNDAY DECEMBER 7TH

New York, NY (October 15, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) announced its return to live Pay-Per-View will be Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 emanating from New York City on Sunday December 7th at Terminal 5.

Witness the biggest show of the year as feuds culminate and ROH wrestlers compete live on Pay-Per-View. Watch one of ROH’s most prestigious events live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

A list of Pay-Per-View providers for Final Battle can be found at: http://www.rohwrestling.com/content/ppv-providers

Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 will feature the likes of: ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe, ROH World Tag Team Champions ReDragon, Matt Sydal, The Young Bucks, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Adam Cole, Mark Briscoe, ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal as well as other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Final Battle 2014 is 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).
The Dragon Saga

Re: Final Battle to be Broadcast Live on PPV!

Post by The Dragon Saga »

No mention of AJ.

ROH, plz :(
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

No mention of iPPV either.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For what it's worth, I just checked Styles' Schedule on his official website, and he isn't listed for any shows from November 15th-December 13th. Maybe ROH is just waiting to announce him later (maybe something at the Lakeland TV Tapings)? I recall that he wasn't on the initial talent list when the Wheeling, West Virginia & Lakeland, Florida shows were announced, but ended up being announced later. We'll see if that's the same case here or not...

I hope they offer this on iPPV as well, because I honestly don't know if I'll be able to watch a regular PPV where I'm currently staying for college.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Dragon Saga

I won't be able to watch it on PPV because I don't think I can get American TV providers in Ireland.

I don't mind giving you my money ROH, but if I have to steal, I'll steal.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The Event is listed as "iPPV/PPV/VOD" on the ROH website.
Doesn't mean much considering nearly all 2015 events are listed like that as well...
ImageImage
brian

Post by brian »

glad the Bucks are booked.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Poster makes the three way tag look all the more likely.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Should do a three way elimination tag team match with The Bucks, reDRagon, and The Addiction with reDRagon getting eliminated first.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

If AJ was booked they would've announced him like they did with the other names who were previously on television elsewhere in order to hype the PPV. The top matches likely feature all of the wrestlers on the poster.
The Dragon Saga

AJ wasn't originally advertised for the 12th Anniversary either. It could be something to add even more hype in a couple of weeks after Lakeland. IDK. I hope they can get him there.
WHG

Post by WHG »

AJ is not on the World Tag League event poster on NJPW's website either...and it's safe to assume he will either be there or at Final Battle on 12/7. I doubt they'd intentionally not have him on the poster for it at the earliest possible point, though. It's possible he just hasn't been formally cleared by NJPW to not appear at FB yet. We'll see.

On a related note, I know there was some hope that a few NJPW guys would be back for Final Battle, but the 12/7 Tag League show will hinder that possibility regardless. Tanahashi, Okada and Nakamura are all on that poster I referred to above (as are Anderson and Gallows). Still could have some different guys theoretically, but not the stars of the May shows.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Much like others have already said, I think the Three-Way Tag Match for the titles is pretty likely, and I imagine reDRagon will be losing the titles.

Curious to see what they do with Matt Sydal though...
The Dragon Saga

WHG wrote:AJ is not on the World Tag League event poster on NJPW's website either...and it's safe to assume he will either be there or at Final Battle on 12/7. I doubt they'd intentionally not have him on the poster for it at the earliest possible point, though. It's possible he just hasn't been formally cleared by NJPW to not appear at FB yet. We'll see.

On a related note, I know there was some hope that a few NJPW guys would be back for Final Battle, but the 12/7 Tag League show will hinder that possibility regardless. Tanahashi, Okada and Nakamura are all on that poster I referred to above (as are Anderson and Gallows). Still could have some different guys theoretically, but not the stars of the May shows.
Time Splitters vs. Monster Mafia to open the show. Boom. Book it.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I have a feeling Final Battle will be pretty mediocre compared to the killer shows ROH has delivered throughout 2014.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Time Splitters vs. Monster Mafia to open the show. Boom. Book it.
Love it!
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I have a feeling Final Battle will be pretty mediocre compared to the killer shows ROH has delivered throughout 2014.
Even with guys like The Addiction, Matt Sydal & The Young Bucks booked?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I don't know, I can't imagine a big time match they could book for this show, all variations with Bucks/reDragon and Addiction have already been done.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I don't know, I can't imagine a big time match they could book for this show, all variations with Bucks/reDragon and Addiction have already been done.
Except for a Three-Way Tag Match.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think a three-way match with The Addiction vs Bucks vs reDRagon would be a small step down in terms of match quality from just Bucks vs reDRagon.

Nevertheless, I agree we're probably getting it.

I'm thinking...

World Title
Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole

Tag Titles
reDRagon (c) vs The Addiction vs The Young Bucks

Lethal vs Sydal for the TV title would be cool.