Samoa Joe contract is up with TNA

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ADouble

Samoa Joe contract is up with TNA

Post by ADouble »

As per Meltzer in todays up. TNA aren't signing anyone to contracts for the next few months because all the TV is in the can and they dont know what position they'll be in until January. You think ROH will bring him in for Final Battle? He's still a name I associate with ROH, even if he hasn't been there for years.
Robareid

Re: Samoa Joe contract is up with TNA

Post by Robareid »

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. Not sure whether he's still got it in him to be a regular, but a few select appearances would be great.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

To put it bluntly, he sucks nowadays. Don't expect him to go more than eight minutes (and I'm being generous) and be exciting or anything.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

If he comes back to ROH, i have a feeling they will start their HOF and make him the charter member.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

If he comes back to ROH, i have a feeling no one will be going over him for a long, long time.
Last Real Man Hype
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Marketh. wrote:If he comes back to ROH, i have a feeling no one will be going over him for a long, long time.
Why's that?

AJ is understandable. He's a world champion in the hottest wrestling company in the world right now. Samoa Joe's lost a step in the past few years, not contracted to anybody, and I doubt TNA has any choice in his win-loss record outside of their company.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He went over the next world champ on his way out. He went over around 5 other guys on his way out. And he went over Tyler Black, the guy who was "next world champ" for like 2 years (though only for a few months at the time) on his one night return.

They'd have him undefeated for a while in an attempt to regain all the momentum lost from his years in TNA and to look like the "most dominant ROH champ in history" isn't past his prime.
Last Real Man Hype
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Truth be told, Joe is one of the reasons I fell in love with indie wrestling back in the day, and one of the reasons I watched TNA religiously when he went there. But, he's lost more than a step in the ring, his weight isn't getting any better. It would be great for nostalgia, and I would pop huge at Final Battle if he showed up, but not sure how great it would be after that.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Let's find Chris Hero, handcuff him to a treadmill, and get him back as a regular first.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It's an interesting situation, because Bound For Glory is the last scheduled TNA show of 2014. They're apparently not running anymore shows until January.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

To be fair if they got Joe back and decided to rebuild him as the machine he once was, which TNA have tried to multiple times, only to have someone go over Joe, then I wouldn't be too opposed. Make it about rekindling the passion in ROH, which gives ROH a rub of, "we can light peoples fire the way TNA can't", have him go undefeated in one sided matches for about six months, put him up against real challenges from then on but have him still come out and then put whoever you see as the next big thing in ROH over him but after that continue to keep Joe strong.

Even if Joe came in and just started winning it wouldn't make ROH look bad. He's still considered an ROH guy in most peoples minds.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Thelone wrote:To put it bluntly, he sucks nowadays. Don't expect him to go more than eight minutes (and I'm being generous) and be exciting or anything.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Thelone wrote:To put it bluntly, he sucks nowadays. Don't expect him to go more than eight minutes (and I'm being generous) and be exciting or anything.
Samoa Joe is an intelligent dude. If he were to come back I'm sure the guy would up his game to meet our ridiculous expectations.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

And IF Joe were to come back the match would only be available for DVD release as opposed to taped for television or live iPPV.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Why?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I wouldn't be all for a full time return or angle right off the bat, but I would love to see him back purely for the fact that it's Samoa Joe back in an ROH ring.

Imagine if he showed up as a surprise at Final Battle or 13th Anniversary. The pop alone would be worth it. I'm sure he could have a few big attraction matches, and if were to deliver in those then bring him in more.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Let's see he gets 3 matches like Matt Hardy in 2005:

Joe over Cole
Joe over Elgin
O'Reilly over Joe
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Let's see he gets 3 matches like Matt Hardy in 2005:

Joe over Cole
Joe over Elgin
O'Reilly over Joe
There are SO many possibilities for Joe if he came back.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I went with those three because it puts Joe over the two best in the company to groom him for a career-boosting victory for O'Reilly. Helps that all three are dream matches of different variety too.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I think Joe vs. Jay would be a super cool match to have now. With their previous history plus the roles are reversed, probably won't be MOTYC but it would be an awesome match.

Kyle, Cole and Elgin would all be awesome matches, I'd even throw in Silas and Ciampa into the list of names