ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Ladrao12

Re: ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

Post by Ladrao12 »

That's honestly why I thought Hanson was in the match. To provide a strong showing and take the pin, and he didn't do either.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Ladrao12 wrote:That's honestly why I thought Hanson was in the match. To provide a strong showing and take the pin, and he didn't do either.
As did I. Somehow, Elgin comes across as the guy getting fucked. Oh boy, can't wait for these promos.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Ladrao12 wrote:That's honestly why I thought Hanson was in the match. To provide a strong showing and take the pin, and he didn't do either.
As did I. Somehow, Elgin comes across as the guy getting fucked. Oh boy, can't wait for these promos.
I think the idea was that finish was supposed to make Elgin look strong, but honestly I thought it made him look like an idiot.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Agreed. I enjoyed the card for the most part, but man that main event left a bad taste in my mouth.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think a problem that the Main Event had was Joe coming back, take away any chance of a upset.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I guess that was too easy to have all four go all out (more gambling puns, ugh) and have Briscoe win clean after a big hoss fight, then have Joe come out and say "that's one hell of a battle you won there, but it's nothing compared to what I have for you" and the big staredown to end the show.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:I guess that was too easy to have all four go all out (more gambling puns, ugh) and have Briscoe win clean after a big hoss fight, then have Joe come out and say "that's one hell of a battle you won there, but it's nothing compared to what I have for you" and the big staredown to end the show.
I know, right? Let's base the entire premise of Briscoe winning based on the location of the show. Pathetic.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Overall, I thought it was a great show. Every match delivered or over-delivered, with the exception of the main event. For all of Delirious' faults, I think that keeping the titles on all 3 champs was actually ballsy...particularly since we haven't seen a title change in either of the last 2 PPVs. That is the right call.

Other thoughts:

- KRD almost can't end well. I remember the Black Scorpion angle in 1990 and this has that aimless feel.
- I was convinced that the main event was going to steal the show. Everyone was down on it going in and all four guys have the ability to do a big-guy brawl as well as anyone. Man, was I wrong.
- The fact that Ray Rowe has been a surprise run-in during the Main Event of two PPVs is mind boggling. He's not nearly a big enough deal to warrant doing that on this show.
- As much as I hated the booking in the Main Event, I don't think the "Jay was lucky" finish hurt him. He's been booked so strong for 3 years. It certainly doesn't help him, but I think the booking hurt the PPV, not Jay.
- Joe did exactly what he should have. That part was perfectly done.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I liked Ciampa saving Nigel and Cedric having some progression with the frustation and stuff.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I'd almost wonder if the recent release of Joe and his hiring for multiple dates *might* have made them rethink the original ending for the 4 way in favor of what they'll do to build up a Jay/Joe feud. Could be a bigger plan in the works.

Or it might have been a terrible idea by Delirious from the beginning.

Given the string of great cards (Dayton/Atlanta) followed by an overall strong PPV, and thatr Joe is going to be working multuiple dates, and it seems they are doing something with him fast (the opposite of the Addicition, who I still want to see in a storyline) I'm eager to see what happens next.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

187_Joeism wrote:I liked Ciampa saving Nigel and Cedric having some progression with the frustation and stuff.
I thought there were a few nice touches storyline wise throughout the night but the booking of the main event put a damper on things, as poor main events typically do.

And the only way I will think this KRD thing pays off is if they are a bunch of wrestlers from Lucha Underground. It won't happen but anything that isn't shocking will be a let down.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

lariat_tubman wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I liked Ciampa saving Nigel and Cedric having some progression with the frustation and stuff.
I thought there were a few nice touches storyline wise throughout the night but the booking of the main event put a damper on things, as poor main events typically do.

And the only way I will think this KRD thing pays off is if they are a bunch of wrestlers from Lucha Underground. It won't happen but anything that isn't shocking will be a let down.
Agreed. I'm already convinced the KRD is going to fall flat on its face. Then again, I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy.
9 ball

Post by 9 ball »

This is the second ROH PPV I've watched (the other being Final Battle 2014) & I have yet to be disappointed & for all those complaining about the main event guess what...you can't please all of the people all of the time & at least ROH aren't telling the fans "you'll like what we tell you to like".

Let's all go back to watching the irrelevant TNA/WWE because for all the whinging & moaning I've heard that's what as ROH fans you'd be better off doing.

For me at least this was the best £22.75 I've ever spent on a form entertainment, bring on BEST IN THE WORLD
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

While I enjoyed every aspect of the main event, people who didn't have every right to express their displeasure. No need to bash 'em, dude.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

9 ball wrote:This is the second ROH PPV I've watched (the other being Final Battle 2014) & I have yet to be disappointed & for all those complaining about the main event guess what...you can't please all of the people all of the time & at least ROH aren't telling the fans "you'll like what we tell you to like".

Let's all go back to watching the irrelevant TNA/WWE because for all the whinging & moaning I've heard that's what as ROH fans you'd be better off doing.

For me at least this was the best £22.75 I've ever spent on a form entertainment, bring on BEST IN THE WORLD
What does WWE and TNA have to do with anything related to the PPV?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

9 ball wrote:This is the second ROH PPV I've watched (the other being Final Battle 2014) & I have yet to be disappointed & for all those complaining about the main event guess what...you can't please all of the people all of the time & at least ROH aren't telling the fans "you'll like what we tell you to like".

Saying I'm whining and moaning about the main event and "let's go back to watching the irrelevant TNA/WWE" is baseless and a short cut to thinking. You have the most dominant champion in ROH history coming back to challenge for the title. Your current champion is being touted as a man who has not suffered a pinfall loss in 2 years, yet he wins on a fluke. That's how you want to build this match? Briscoe should have came out looking like an asskicker. Instead, we have a weak looking champion that's a face no less.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

9 ball wrote: at least ROH aren't telling the fans "you'll like what we tell you to like".
Good thing you're here to do it for them, then.
9 ball wrote: Let's all go back to watching the irrelevant TNA/WWE because for all the whinging & moaning I've heard that's what as ROH fans you'd be better off doing.
Let's you go back to not reading this thread because for all the whinging & moaning I've heard that's what, as you, you'd be better off doing.

I don't think anybody is saying this was any less than a good-to-very-good show. The main event had legit booking issues; people are going to bring it up. Sorry if it's all too painful for you.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Yep, agree 100% with Burnside. It was a good show. I expected blow away because of how incredible the card was.

I also found it hilarious that Joe/Jay have this intense stare down to close the show after Jay lucked into a win. They made Jay look like an idiot, being pinned by all 3 guys without a ref counting, and then lucking into a win. Delirious really needs to go. Fuckery in all 3 title matches. Yuck.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Nothing wrong with fuckery if done right.
Not saying that Delrious does it right. But there's nothing wrong with chikanery in pro wrestling matches.
Recall

Post by Recall »

187_Joeism wrote:Main Event was overbooked but people are overreacting to much, the PPV was great you don´t need 30 minutes matches for the sake of having 30 matches and more time is not equal better match, Bucks vs ReDRagon was under 20 minutes and was the ROH MOTY last year.

Matt Sydal vs Cedric Alexander: ***1/2
Moose vs Mark Briscoe: **
Kingdom vs Addiction vs Karl Anderson: ***1/4
BJ Withmer vs Roderick Strong: ***
Maria vs OBD: **1/2
AJ Styles vs ACH: ****1/4
Young Bucks vs ReDRagon: ****1/4
Jay Lethal vs Alberto El Patron: ***1/2
Jay vs Ciampa vs Elgin vs Hanson: ***1/4
That main event nor Strong v Whitmer were anyway near 3 star status, you've just flat out insulted all matches that ever hit that mark.
In your honour.