ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Orange

Re: ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

Post by Mr. Orange »

Just did the math they would need about 8,500 buys on a 35 dollar show to make the same amount of money as a 25 dollar show with 12,000 buys. That's not that far fetched I think.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I know for a fact that the $35 price tag scared some people away...and on paper this card is as strong as you're going to see. $25 is way more suitable and reasonable IMO.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I was there. I've been to God knows how many wrestling cards, including six ROH shows, and I really think this was the best I've ever seen.

Pre-show was Jacobs & Page over the Reno Scum. I think the latter team is the best unsigned duo in the country, and I hope this leads to the stardom that Thornstowe & Luster deserve.

Styles-ACH and reDRagon-Bucks really left me breathless. I liked the main event though I agree about the overbooking. I'll even give Maria credit for taking some nasty bumps. I bought a bunch of DVDs and the seller threw in a streamer, which I saved for Joe's return.

For the record, ROH used Future Stars of Wrestling's ring, which would explain the different ropes. Also, the owner just announced that Steve Corino will be holding a seminar at the school tomorrow -- he knows how to cut deals.

In the end, I have to say... Ring of Honor, please don't wait another 7-8 years to return to Las Vegas. I told Larry Mercer to tell the honchos that.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I highly, highly. highly doubt ROH sets the price of the PPV.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

My God. The main event was an overbooked clusterfuck. I'm joining Burnside and calling for the head of Delirious. Seriously? That's how you're going to have your world champ retain? Briscoe looks weaker than ever as champ. I'm sick of Elgin. He's a fucking jerk. I don't want him anywhere near the world title. Ciampa has been neutered by Delirious. Hanson needs to be tagging again soon. The last time I saw him in a singles match I cared about, Cole carried him. The overbooking was bullshit. It was in 4 fucking matches! If Patron couldn't lose cleanly it should've went to a time limit draw. ODB and Maria never should've been on the card. Even then Delirious can't help himself and makes Bennett look like an idiot for mistakenly hitting his woman twice.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Overall I thought this was an awesome show.. I agree the overbooking in the main event was a little awkward, but I think if they had just recovered with a couple minutes of the guys hitting/reversing finishers in the ring and had Briscoe win a little more decisively it would have been fine. Didn't mind the shenanigans in the tag match one bit. 34.95 for an iPPV is a bit steep but I'm glad I made my purchase and the stream was flawless.
Recall

Post by Recall »

The opener, ACH vs AJ and Tag Title Match were the only reasons to see the show.
In your honour.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Main Event was overbooked but people are overreacting to much, the PPV was great you don´t need 30 minutes matches for the sake of having 30 matches and more time is not equal better match, Bucks vs ReDRagon was under 20 minutes and was the ROH MOTY last year.

Matt Sydal vs Cedric Alexander: ***1/2
Moose vs Mark Briscoe: **
Kingdom vs Addiction vs Karl Anderson: ***1/4
BJ Withmer vs Roderick Strong: ***
Maria vs OBD: **1/2
AJ Styles vs ACH: ****1/4
Young Bucks vs ReDRagon: ****1/4
Jay Lethal vs Alberto El Patron: ***1/2
Jay vs Ciampa vs Elgin vs Hanson: ***1/4
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

My biggest gripe with this show though is how everything felt so predictable coming in and I feel like we're reaching a point where having so many part-timers becomes more of a problem than an asset.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

187_Joeism wrote:Main Event was overbooked but people are overreacting to much, the PPV was great you don´t need 30 minutes matches for the sake of having 30 matches and more time is not equal better match, Bucks vs ReDRagon was under 20 minutes and was the ROH MOTY last year.

Moose vs Mark Briscoe: **
BJ Withmer vs Roderick Strong: ***
AJ Styles vs ACH: ****1/4
Young Bucks vs ReDRagon: ****1/4
Jay Lethal vs Alberto El Patron: ***1/2
Nobody was calling for long matches for the sake of long matches. Only that they'd be willing to book a match to go that long every now and then when and if it called for it.

And knock a quarter of a star off of the main and AJ/ACH and add one of them to the tag title match and you've probably got my personal opinion of the show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great show, very enjoyable. I thik that 10 matches were too much but I understand that everybody deserves to be in the PPV. The Tag Team Titles Match was the best match of the entire night. AJ and ACH could have had a better match with 7 minutes more. The main event was going well until de overbooking. Ring Of Honor´s main events matches should be something about pride and honor, with a clean winner and a great match not a shitty TNA style overbooked finish. But, in general a good show, better than BITW 14 but worse than FB:

Moose vs Mark Briscoe: ***
BJ Withmer vs Roderick Strong: **3/4
AJ Styles vs ACH: ***3/4
Young Bucks vs ReDRagon: ****1/2
Jay Lethal vs Alberto El Patron: ***1/2 - ***3/4
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Larry Legend @blklkp · 11 h
Had a few reunions tonight #backstage @ringofhonor #GoodBrothers @Willie_Mack
Spoiler: show
Despite the weird ending, i thought it was a great PPV.
Unfortunately, i don't feel like Jay Briscoe is dominant, even with an impressive winning streak.
The four way could have been a step in this direction but they missed the opportunity, especially when KK & SC tell you that Jay Briscoe was lucky to win the match.
The match itself wasn't bad at all.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I pretty much agree it was a good show, better that BITW, worse than Final Battle.

Biggest complaint is that the main event booking made Briscoe look really weak - everybody gets visual pins on him and he retains by total fluke. Why would you do that if you're going right to Briscoe vs Joe? Briscoe should have come out looking strong heading into that match. If War Machine is getting back together, there's no reason Briscoe could not have gotten a clean pin on Hanson in this match.

Sydal vs Alexander ***
Moose vs Mark Briscoe *3/4
Kingdom vs Addiction vs Karl Anderson ***
Whitmer vs Strong **3/4
Maria vs ODB **1/2
Styles vs ACH ***1/4
Young Bucks vs reDRagon ****
Lethal vs Patron ***1/4
Jay Briscoe vs Elgin vs Ciampa vs Hanson ***1/2

I have a bad feeling about the KRD. They just look and feel like an even-lower-budget version of that masked biker stable in TNA.
Last edited by Burnside on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

My main problem is the main event looked weak on paper, needed to deliver and failed miserably.
Last edited by Mr. Mojo Risin on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Thinking over it I'd say Styles/ACH was my MOTN, with Lethal/Patron coming in a close second. Sydal/Alexander, Bucks/Dragon, and the Samoa Joe return were all very good as well. Moose/Briscoe, Kingdom/Addiction/Anderson, Whitmer/Strong, and the main event were all various levels of decent. The only thing I thought was bad was ODB/Maria. So overall I thought it was very good, 4 awesome matches and only 1 bad one!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I watched the replay with the Spanish commentary and it was fun, never though i would listen ROH on my language :lol:

Jay beating Joe will give him that dominance, i am ok with they protecting the guys in the match with that finish. It´s not the finish i would do but it doesn´t hurt me either.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I enjoyed the show, a lot, outside of the Main Event and all that transpired with it.

Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal ***1/2
Moose vs. Mark Briscoe **3/4
The Addiction vs. The Kingdom vs. Karl Anderson **3/4
BJ Whitmer vs. Roderick Strong **3/4
Maria vs. ODB **
AJ Styles vs. ACH ****
Young Bucks vs. reDRagon ****1/4
Jay Lethal vs. Alberto El Patron ***3/4
Jay Briscoe vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin vs. Hanson ***

A lot happened last night in the matter of 3 hours. As for positives and negatives:

Positives:
I didn't feel like any match needed more time than it actually took up, which is always good. You worry about 9 matches on a 3 hour show, but everything got the right amount of time.

The last 3-4 matches really had a nice, big fight feel to them, which is necessary.

The crowd was really into the show.

With Rocky Romero "bringing in" Trent Baretta as his tag team partner, I hope this adds a nice stable team for ROH to use, as it desperately needs some life into that division. I'm already clamouring for matches against reDRagon, Kingdom, Addiction, Briscoes, etc.

The return of Raymond Rowe is a plus. Hanson has done really well as a singles guy, with top notch matches vs. Styles, Elgin, Ciampa and etc. But, you can tell by the crowd reaction, he's obviously not where the other 3 main eventers from last night were, so a War Machine return is nice.

Negatives
Knights of the Rising Dawn. That angle is starting to hit a sour note. I was hoping they'd reveal it on Sunday, but it might have been too much.

The main event. Briscoe winning like that? How on Earth does this help him, make him look stronger?

Best in the World, June 19th, NYC. So, it seems the Friday PPV/Saturday TV taping rumor is true. The TV taping hasn't been confirmed, but I'd expect to hear about it soon. Whether it'll be at Terminal 5 is yet to be seen, but it's probable. My main concern is talent. With all of the part-time talent they have, who will be available come June? Styles and The Young Bucks weren't available last year, and I assume the same this year. El Patrons dates are wrapping up. No idea if Joe will available. On the bright side, they should have their full "regular" roster all back by this point, with Silas, Cole and Everett returning at some point before June.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Burnside wrote:Biggest complaint is that the main event booking made Briscoe look really weak - everybody gets visual pins on him and he retains by total fluke. Why would you do that if you're going right to Briscoe vs Joe? Briscoe should have come out looking strong heading into that match. If War Machine is getting back together, there's no reason Briscoe could not have gotten a clean pin on Hanson in this match.
100% on the money.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

187_Joeism wrote:I watched the replay with the Spanish commentary and it was fun, never though i would listen ROH on my language :lol:

Jay beating Joe will give him that dominance, i am ok with they protecting the guys in the match with that finish. It´s not the finish i would do but it doesn´t hurt me either.
Where did you find the PPV in Spanish?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Ladrao12 wrote:
Burnside wrote:Biggest complaint is that the main event booking made Briscoe look really weak - everybody gets visual pins on him and he retains by total fluke. Why would you do that if you're going right to Briscoe vs Joe? Briscoe should have come out looking strong heading into that match. If War Machine is getting back together, there's no reason Briscoe could not have gotten a clean pin on Hanson in this match.
100% on the money.
Yes. This makes the most sense with logical booking.