ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AssShooter

Re: ROH to Celebrate 13th Anniversary in LAS VEGAS!

Post by AssShooter »

ImageImage
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

So whats the consensus on what Sydal is doing on this show?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

He is scheduled to face Cedric Alexander, ROh just didn't update their website.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Ah ok. That shouldn't be.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

What I'm predicting is Bobby Cruise announcing "Tonight, making his return to Ring Of Honor..." and Silas Young's music playing. Comes out, heel promo, gets interrupted by Joe. Commence beatdown and one-liner from Joe.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I would pop so hard for that
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Right premise. Wrong guy. You don't have Silas getting killed by Joe. Someone along the lines of Romantic Touch.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

P-Dogg Mike Posey is the man for the job.
Dinero212

Post by Dinero212 »

This show may very well be one for the most stacked ROH shows in the last 6 years. Excluding the NJPW joint shows
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

With everything on this show it's a shame it's only three hours. A lot of matches are going to have to get low time and then you have Joe's return. What if this ends up being a re-incarnation of WCW Haloween Havoc 1998 and the show goes off the air during the main event?
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

With 9 matches, the average is 20 minutes per match. Plus you have Joe's announcement and the Red Mask Guys showing up. Obviously the Maria and Moose match will be shorter but I'm also worried the main event matches won't get enough time. But I also think Young Bucks vs Red Dragon got ROH match of the year and it was like a 13 minute match.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Las Vegas Fight Shop ‏@LVFightShop 12 minHace 12 minutos Ver traducción
Look who popped in @LVFightShop during the @ringofhonor event!

I had a meeting Saturday with a former WWE Superstar, introduced him to all the important players in ROH and discussed potentials for the future. We’ll see if anything comes of it but it was a productive meeting. His name is not one that was previously reported by other sites as having been in attendance.

Just remembered this from the last Kevin Kelly blog.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dhads7161 wrote:With everything on this show it's a shame it's only three hours. A lot of matches are going to have to get low time and then you have Joe's return. What if this ends up being a re-incarnation of WCW Haloween Havoc 1998 and the show goes off the air during the main event?
jjankows wrote:With 9 matches, the average is 20 minutes per match. Plus you have Joe's announcement and the Red Mask Guys showing up. Obviously the Maria and Moose match will be shorter but I'm also worried the main event matches won't get enough time. But I also think Young Bucks vs Red Dragon got ROH match of the year and it was like a 13 minute match.
I don't think time will be an issue, if they've timed out everything the right way. People were really concerned about The Tokyo Dome Show, but after the 3rd or 4th Match it because pretty evident that there would be no issues. The Young Bucks/reDRagon match from War of the Worlds, and the ROH Match of the Year, only went 13 Minutes.

When you break down the card, Moose/Mark Briscoe & Maria Kanellis/ODB has absolutely no business going over 10 Minutes, but for the sake of argument, take out a block of 10 Minutes each for both of those. 10-15 Minutes would be good for Strong/Whitmer, Alexander/Sydal & even the Three-Way Tag. Give those each the high end of 15 for this scenario. Finally, let's say, for the sake of argument, that the final four matches (Styles/ACH & the three title matches) get 20 Minutes each. That would be about 2 Hours & 25 Minutes (give or take a few minutes for the entrances, which I would include in the times I already listed). Add in a 10 Minute Samoa Joe promo (again, for the sake of argument), and it's 2 Hours & 35 Minutes, which would be cutting it close, but doable in a 3 Hour Window.

Again though, I don't think time will be much of an issue, although 9 Matches & a Samoa Joe Promo is pushing it a little bit. War of the Worlds had 9 Matches and none of them went over 20 Minutes, and that included a Bullet Club/Okada/Elgin Promo to open the show. Plus the previous 2 PPV's only had the Main Event go over 20 Minutes, so I think they'll be ok.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

DBSommer wrote:
Reaper G wrote:A possibly silly question if I may.

This will be my first ROH show in five years. Do they still have buy-3-get-1-free deals on DVDs at the dealers table, and do they take credit cards?
As to the 3-1, no, but nearly every DVD is $5 off site price, including new releases (sometimes Comps might be a little more). So you can basically pick up anything at $15 a pop (25% off) with no S+H or tax on top of that. Sometimes they have a $5 section of older stuff they're trying to unload as well. Usually around '10 or so the last time I checked, but since I don't need older stuff there might be '11 there as well.

Not sure about the credit cards. I always figure out what I want in advance and just bring cash.
Thanks. It's still a good discount, all things considered. But I know already I won't have the cash on hand to update my collection as much as I'd like.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

187_Joeism wrote:Las Vegas Fight Shop ‏@LVFightShop 12 minHace 12 minutos Ver traducción
Look who popped in @LVFightShop during the @ringofhonor event!
Spoiler: show
I had a meeting Saturday with a former WWE Superstar, introduced him to all the important players in ROH and discussed potentials for the future. We’ll see if anything comes of it but it was a productive meeting. His name is not one that was previously reported by other sites as having been in attendance.

Just remembered this from the last Kevin Kelly blog.
If it's him i will be really really disappointed...
ImageImage
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The only way it could work is this: There are some comparisons being made to RVD'S ECW TV title run and Jay Lethal's ROH TV title run. Have them meet in a match to put even more of a rub on Lethal for when he challenges for the World title. Otherwise, I can't see RVD adding anything to the product.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

God please anything but RVD
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I like the RVD vs Jay Lethal idea, i guess if they did it on WM Weekend or Philly it could draw well but i am not interest on having RVD full time.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I wouldn't mind him coming in to put over a few people who could use it.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

What, no one wants to see another rolling thunder?