Honor Takes Center Stage Mystery Man

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
RoHWales

Honor Takes Center Stage Mystery Man

Post by RoHWales »

Afternoon Gents,

Long time reader, first time poster e.t.c

I was watching night one of Honor Takes Center Stage last night. During Elgin/Generico a mystery man runs out to cost Generico the match. I can’t for the life of me remember who this turned out to be. Was it Daniels? Or a way for Truth to breach his ban at ringside?

I’ve tried to find the answer online and I’m drawing a blank. I’d appreciate if someone could fill in my memory blank.

p.s It was crazy to see just how popular Colt Cabana was during the show.
Big Red Machine

Re: Honor Takes Center Stage Mystery Man

Post by Big Red Machine »

Daniels
RoHWales

Post by RoHWales »

Thanks. That was driving me insane. Can't remember Daniels being in the H of T if I'm honest. I guess he returned to TNA shortly after.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

He was in it literally for like a month or two before he left and even though he was suddenly acting like a cokehead for no real reason, he was far more interesting during this time than the rest of that run.

It was short enough for no one to make reference to this during the recent fourway tag that involved Daniels and Truth, even though it's kind of a big deal that Truth's managed half of all the TV champions.
Last Real Man Hype
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Marketh. wrote:He was in it literally for like a month or two before he left and even though he was suddenly acting like a cokehead for no real reason, he was far more interesting during this time than the rest of that run.

It was short enough for no one to make reference to this during the recent fourway tag that involved Daniels and Truth, even though it's kind of a big deal that Truth's managed half of all the TV champions.
The tandem of Truth Martini, Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong, and Michael Elgin was the shit. Such a tremendous group.

On topic, I actually heard a rumor that it was Cliff Compton being the mystery man. I only heard it mentioned by one person, and there was no actual source.

But then when you look back at why Cliffy C joined SCUM last year, it was because he was told time after time that he would be brought in...and nothing would ever come of it. So it's a possibility it was supposed to be him.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Marketh. wrote:He was in it literally for like a month or two before he left and even though he was suddenly acting like a cokehead for no real reason,

I.
Actually they did build to it subtly. I watched some of the stuff that went down before, and at one point Daniels (before an upcoming fight with Roddy) was bragging about reading the Book of Truth to get inside Truth's head and they showed him open it up and start reading, but the interest he displayed in it was more like finding something genuinely interesting that looking for a weakness.