Elgin leaving?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Burnside

Re: Elgin leaving?

Post by Burnside »

I guess Delirious agreed with me on this one.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

ROHFan25 wrote: He definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed either
...HE WAS LOOKIN' KINDA DUMB WITH HIS FINGER AND 'IS THUMB
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

IN THE SHAPE OF A 'L' ON HIS FOREHEAD
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer says ROH is unhappy about this interview and led to this weekend's booking. Elgin is frustrated that he hasn't moved on past the indies after more than a decade in the business.

He was going to drop the title at FB 2014.
So MLB aspirations are worse than homophobia? Seeing as how Briscoe didn't drop the title over his comments I can't see ROH "punishing" Elgin for this interview. Unless Vince McMahon is suddenly booking ROH!
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

ROHFan25 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's fucking retarded that Elgin, at his age, with no college experience thinks that he can just go and try out/walk on to a fucking MLB team? Like dude you either get drafted or you get scouted and get an invite.
yes very stupid. what position does he think he can play? with his body type 1st base or DH only really.

and to make these comments a day before a huge ippv is puzzling to say the least
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

ROHFan25 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it's fucking retarded that Elgin, at his age, with no college experience thinks that he can just go and try out/walk on to a fucking MLB team? Like dude you either get drafted or you get scouted and get an invite.
Way to jump to conclusions. At best, he'd look for a tryout on some MLB-affiliated minor league team.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

lariat_tubman wrote:
supersonic wrote:Meltzer says ROH is unhappy about this interview and led to this weekend's booking. Elgin is frustrated that he hasn't moved on past the indies after more than a decade in the business.

So MLB aspirations are worse than homophobia? Seeing as how Briscoe didn't drop the title over his comments I can't see ROH "punishing" Elgin for this interview. Unless Vince McMahon is suddenly booking ROH!
If a current WWE worker did what Elgin did you better believe he'd be punished for it, and rightly so. I'd expect the same in TNA as well.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

JTCole wrote:
lariat_tubman wrote:

If a current WWE worker did what Elgin did you better believe he'd be punished for it, and rightly so. I'd expect the same in TNA as well.
I think it would depend on the WWE superstar, but I just will never get why Elgin deserves all this hate for talking about wanting to play baseball for 3 minutes in an interview.
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

It would be interesting, if that this was indeed the case. ROH typically ALWAYS sticks to the World Title plans(of the current booker at least, obviously we have the Tyler Black getting screwed thing) and this may be the first time they actually changed it.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

lariat_tubman wrote:
I think it would depend on the WWE superstar, but I just will never get why Elgin deserves all this hate for talking about wanting to play baseball for 3 minutes in an interview.
it's really not hard to figure out. as a booker or management u want a dedicated/loyal guy, not a guy who's talking about some pipe dream to go play baseball. because you know what happens if he plays baseball? he's not in ROH anymore and leaves the company. not really what you'd want to hear
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

DirtyDave wrote:
lariat_tubman wrote:
it's really not hard to figure out. as a booker or management u want a dedicated/loyal guy, not a guy who's talking about some pipe dream to go play baseball. because you know what happens if he plays baseball? he's not in ROH anymore and leaves the company. not really what you'd want to hear
I get that it was a bad call by Elgin to talk about it but was it worthy of a title stripping because of it? They couldn't just give him a talking to after. And most of their guys, champion or not, talk about wanting to go to WWE. What about their dedication/loyalty? Should they all get punished as well?

Respect to that this is all speculation of course, this might have been the plan the whole time and it is just coincidence that it happened right after this interview.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I'm sure they would not have taken the belt off him if the only thing he did wrong was this interview. It's representative of other issues.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Three strikes and you're out.

Sorry...
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

On top of the comments about him being arrogant and being like a kid at Christmas at the baseball game, Steen laughing and ribbing him about basically begging to go to NJPW online springs to mind. I can't help but remember that every time I see him and chuckle.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So does anyone have a link to this interview Elgin did?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

He was supposed to make it to AIW tonight but apparently cannot make it now according to his twitter.

Wonder if he's in some kind of meeting or something.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Shit's going down in ROH, son!
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Briscoe is gonna find Delirious head in his mailbox when he comes home!
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Anyone know when Elgin's contract is set to expire?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

I hope that any potential problems between ROH and Elgin doesn't end up affecting Monster Mafia getting contracts. They are both known students of Elgin, well EGO at least.