Official All-Star Extravaganza VI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza VI Thread

Post by Sandy Fork »

So is there any news on why ACH didn't make it? Did he just not show up at the airport? Did he get caught at the border? Did he get sick?
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Sandy Fork wrote:So is there any news on why ACH didn't make it? Did he just not show up at the airport? Did he get caught at the border? Did he get sick?
Meltzer reporting he missed his flight. Lots of heat on him for it.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Well if it was all within his control and he missed it because he was a dumbass then I completely understand that. And ACH has had heat in ROH before so maybe he has a record
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

With all the heat ACH has backstage if this was his fault then he can say goodbye to the push he was having
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

My guess is that the "Matt" that is returning will be Matt Taven not Hardy
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:My guess is that the "Matt" that is returning will be Matt Taven not Hardy
That would be my guess as well. Aren't he and Bennett buddies in real life?
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

187_Joeism wrote:With all the heat ACH has backstage if this was his fault then he can say goodbye to the push he was having
Does anyone know any examples of heat he has. People always say he has a bunch of heat backstage but nobody can ever point to anything specific.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:My guess is that the "Matt" that is returning will be Matt Taven not Hardy
Meltzer says it's not Hardy. Either Taven or Sydal.
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

lariat_tubman wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:With all the heat ACH has backstage if this was his fault then he can say goodbye to the push he was having
Does anyone know any examples of heat he has. People always say he has a bunch of heat backstage but nobody can ever point to anything specific.
I know for a fact Steen couldn't stand him at one point. He said his initials stood Annoying ****y(yeah that's the C word) Hobbit on an episode of the Kevin Steen Show.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

lariat_tubman wrote:
Steen said on the Steen Show with Gargano that ACH had "new guy" heat for a long time. He wasn't respectful to the locker room seniors and guys that had been there longer than him and apparently knicked spots he had heard other guys planning, or something like that.

Which Gargano also said that Swann had when he came into DGUSA, but Swann grew from it. Question is if ACH has if this is true.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ACH also said on the Kevin Kelly show that he had a fight backstage with Lethal for making a racist joke that upset Lethal.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Not sure if this was shared yet, but here are the star ratings from Voices of Wrestling Review:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/0 ... -6-review/

Mark Briscoe vs. Hanson: ***1/4
Four Corner Tag Team Survival Match: **3/4
The Decade vs. The Addiction: **3/4
Adam Cole vs. AJ Styles: ****3/4
ROH World TV Title: ***
ROH World Title: ***3/4
ROH World Tag Team Titles: ****1/4
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

thoughts from the show...

i was there last night, great seats. i also ordered ippv online so i will re-watch before i do * ratings.

I thought it was very difficult to pick match of the night last night.

I thought Cole/Styles was only 5th best match of the night.

dark match was pretty awful. a did laughed a couple times so not a DUD but like 3/4* range stuff. Cheeseburger vs Romantic Touch

Hanson/Briscoe was good. Not many knew Hanson but he good a good ovation post match. He'll be over next time they go to Toronto, he made a good impression.

that 4 man lucha tag was very good. Lucha rules made it easy to have a spot fest and still make sense. Great spot when RD Evans jumped off Moose's shoulders to the floor. sick moonsault by Coleman too. Moose got over very quickly, looks to me like he's got potential. Monster mafia had a lot of support. they looked great too, need to see more of them. * ratings i've seen are way too low on this match, tons of fun

addiction vs Decade was fine. they did hot start, then decade worked over kazarian all match until a nice Daniels hot tag. lots of fallen Angel chants.

Styles/Cole didn't meet my expectations. They had 2 or 3 rough spots. There were some great near falls. I think a future match with title on the line could be way better.

Lethal vs Cedric. Disappointing start to the show when they announced ACH didn't make his flight. Truth really didn't sound happy announcing ACH wouldn't be there. Bad news for ACH no showing. I have been down on Cedric lately, thinking his push was bigger than his performance. He looekd really godo last night though, carried himself very well. Lethal did a really good job all night heeling it up. cedric got chants late in the match ,fans really got behind him. If he sells more and gets in better shape he could be really good. very good match, in running for match of the night. i enjoyed all the Seleziya stuff . Hilarious spot when lethal teased the sharpshooter but then went with the big HBK superkick instead lol

Elgin vs Jay. what can you say. unreal story. so happy i was there to see a World title change. Just a brutal title run for Elgin. I thought crowd would be 50/50 but it was like 95% Elgin fans. He looked good too. Both guys worked very hard, I thought it was a very good match. Absolutely right call to make the title change. Jay's booked super strong right now. he hasn't been pinned in 2 years so the guy who finally beats him is going to get a huge rub.

i don't get the Ciampa angle. if it's a heel turn it's not working. Nigel was the big heel live. Mark Briscoe breaking up the Maria/Bennett sex angle was odd too

Young Bucks vs redragon was another very good match. I thought the IWGP Jr heavyweight tag tile match at Global Wars was better though. strong main event.

very enjoyable, looking forward to watch replay on ippv
Last edited by DirtyDave on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Was ACH flying from Texas yesterday? All kinds of bad weather in that state yesterday that caused major delays for the Rangers and Aggies games.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I hope ACH and Elgin stay on as regulars, and without getting buried. Of the new crop of breakout stars, ACH seemed to be one of the better ones.
Elgin (while having his faults that are often noted here) was somewhat the victim of "wrong place, wrong time." If Elgin would have taken the World Title off of Steen, back when he was really running hot, I think his title reign would gone much differently and been viewed in a much more positive light.
With the fact that they waited so long in the first place, and then rushed into a title change for the BITW PPV, and the fact that Elgin had basically been stuck in the same character for the last couple years, I think it led to a lot of people getting bored with him.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I hope ACH and Elgin stay on as regulars, and without getting buried. Of the new crop of breakout stars, ACH seemed to be one of the better ones.
Elgin (while having his faults that are often noted here) was somewhat the victim of "wrong place, wrong time." If Elgin would have taken the World Title off of Steen, back when he was really running hot, I think his title reign would gone much differently and been viewed in a much more positive light.
With the fact that they waited so long in the first place, and then rushed into a title change for the BITW PPV, and the fact that Elgin had basically been stuck in the same character for the last couple years, I think it led to a lot of people getting bored with him.
I just don't want ROH to be the kind of place that needs to 'bury' guys for whatever trespass they make.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

supersonic wrote:Was ACH flying from Texas yesterday? All kinds of bad weather in that state yesterday that caused major delays for the Rangers and Aggies games.
Didn't he move out of Texas a couple of months back?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sandy Fork wrote:
supersonic wrote:Was ACH flying from Texas yesterday? All kinds of bad weather in that state yesterday that caused major delays for the Rangers and Aggies games.
Didn't he move out of Texas a couple of months back?
There was bad weather in a lot of places yesterday.

I think he moved out to the St. Louis area like Kyle O'Reilly did, but I'm not sure....
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

After watching the replay i think Jay winning the title will go down in the top 10 moments of the company history. It was surreal, i had to take a few seconds to realise that Elgin didn´t kick out.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

There were no real streaming problems last night, right?

I remember Jay's first win was not as big as it could have been due to that awful feed from that ippv. So, good for him to get to re-live that in a better setting.

Really looking forward to seeing Cole/Styles.