Official Death Before Dishonor XII Weekend Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
damasta414

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XII Weekend Thread

Post by damasta414 »

monster mafia wrote:hi people, im new...
im reallly looking forward for styles vs alexander, the tag match and elgin vs ciampa

greetings from colombia
Welcome. Anybody with the screen name monster mafia is cool with me. Can't wait to see them in action tonight.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thanks to all !

speaking of monster mafia...all ego post this awesome blog about tonight show and opportunity in roh again..

http://officialego.blogspot.ca/
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

That blog was an awesome read! Everyone should check that out. I love Monster Mafia a lot and think both guys are the future of ROH. Hope they do well tonight.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i take the results of some twitter accounts..

Future of Honor 6 man kicks us off! Cheeseburger, Will Ferrera & Louis Lyndon v. Mike Sells, Stokely Hathaway & Ramon

Ferrera, Lyndon & Cheeseburger get the W, Ferrera pinned Hathaway following a Code Red

TV opening to start, Josh Alexander & Ethan Gabriel Owens v. The Decade of Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs

Adam Page & Tadarius Thomas out with The Decade
Last edited by monster mafia on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Decade wins very good match, Jacobs pins Alexander following a spear

ROH World TV Title up next, Caprice Coleman vs. Jay Lethal (c)

Truth & Seleziya out with Lethal
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Story of match early on, Caprice is a step ahead of Lethal, countering his offense

Lethal retains, 3 vicious superkicks, then Lethal Injection to get the pin. Original finish may have been botched.

Too Solid really good matches to kick off the show.

next: Four Corner Survival Match: Silas Young v. BJ Whitmer v. ACH v. Michael Bennett
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote:i take the results of some twitter accounts..

Future of Honor 6 man kicks us off! Cheeseburger, Will Ferrera & Louis Lyndon v. Mike Sells, Stokely Hathaway & Ramon
Wait a minute, aren't Ramon and Stokely Hathaway the same person?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dhads7161 wrote:
monster mafia wrote:i take the results of some twitter accounts..

Wait a minute, aren't Ramon and Stokely Hathaway the same person?

i think the samemmaybe is a mistake.

i see a few of Louis Lyndon in aiw, he is very good.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Nice finish as TaDariusThomas tried to interfere, but clotheslined BJ Whitmer. ACH then hits a German suplex pinfall to win.

Crowd singing happy Birthday to Michael Bennett

Whitmer tells Thomas to stay at home for ASX on iPPV & that Page will be his tag partner

Announced as ROH return for Chicago, Thursday, October 9 at 115 Bourbon Street

2nd TV opening taped, Hanson v. Adam Cole
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Sneaky W for @AdamColePro as he pins Hanson via inside cradle. Code of Honor not upheld & @RealMikeBennett hits the ring. #DBDXII #WatchROH

Cole conducts "story time" & says no one cares about War Machine, insinuating that Ray Rowe could have died in the motorcycle accident. @ROHMichaelElgin hits the ring to make the save and end the segment.

And now here comes Ciampa and theyre in a staredown

Elgin says there is no reason to wait, ROH World Title Match now! Elgin defends v. Ciampa

Ciampa and Elgin are tearing the house down crazy strikes ... insane near falls ... Ciampa standing toe to toe with Elgin

Elgin v. Ciampa II is setting a new standard for brutality!!!

Tommaso Ciampa and Michael Elgin had whats MOTN so far. AWESOME STUFF.

Elgin (c) defeats Ciampa by KO (ref stopped the match) to retain the RoH World Title. -

Crowd chants, "That was awesome" post match, Elgin thanks Ciampa for the competition, instead of shaking hands, picks up title belt...

And drops it at Elgin's feet. Ciampa snaps when Elgin departs, wrecking 2 ring crew kids, then attacking Kevin Kelly.

Steve Corino made the save, with security getting Kelly to back. Bobby Cruise entered, Ciampa demolished him with 5 running knees! intermission time
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Adam Page v. Adam Pearce brings us back from intermission

After the bell, Scrap Daddy caught a streamer while on the mat, illiciting a "Holy $#!*" & "That Was Awesome" chants from the crowd.

Adam Page wins with a jacknife pin on Adam Pearce. Nice match.

Pearce tells him this is all part of the education process, the fans don't matter! Pearce slaps him as he goes for handshake...

Jacobs tells him to not be stupid as the rest of Decade laugh at the lesson being taught

An upset JimmyJacobs gets angrier when Adam Page takes Scra pDaddy for granted. The Decade beat him up.

Cedric Alexander v. AJ Styles up next, crowd is pumped to see AJ..biggest pop of the night! Bullet Club chants too!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Crazy back drop AJ went over the corner post to the floor awkwardly

AJ Styles gets the win with his leg submission, really good, fast paced, high impact match. Cedric really hung with him!

Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels and The Briscoe Bros. v. The Young Bucks & reDRagon, team elimination rules, 8 man tag

With reDRagon gone, Bucks nail spike tombstone to eliminate Daniels & Kazarian, Matt pinning Daniels!

Briscoe Bros. & Bucks are going all out!

And it's over in about 25 minutes...More Bang for Your Buck does Mark Briscoe in! Young Bucks get the big win.

Awesome Tag Team Wrestling lots of this is awesome chants.

Bucks put over quality of tag division in ROH, The Briscoes and tell reDRagon they want their belts back in Toronto!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Was anybody at the actual event so they could provide some more detail? Would be cool.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Home from the show. Here's my Night 2 review. Taped for TV. Not sure if Road Rage or what...yada yada yada...mild spoilers. Returning to Chicago on a Thursday at the Night of Hoopla venue, so I'm assuming a similar style event.
Overall thoughts: Definitely a good show. I thought it was better than Night 1. While the atmosphere just isn't there in Chicago like it is in Milwaukee, I think the matches delivered more tonight. May be worth getting the VOD to get the uncut version as there are some very good matches.
I have been skeptical of the arguments on here that Elgin isn't over, but after being live at two shows in a row, I really tend to agree. Now, the matches were fine and Elgin/Ciampa was actually very good, but Elgin just doesn't get the reaction (positive or negative) that the World Champ should be getting. Also, after seeing Styles for the first time this weekend, it's clear that he's on whole other level than the rest of the roster. If they want a champion that's super over and will put on wrestling clinics every show, give the belt to AJ. Heres the matches:
Dark match Future of Honor Six man I didn't catch all the names. Ramon, Ferrara, and Cheeseburger were all involved. Typical pre-show match.
Decade vs Monster Mafia Good match. Maybe not quite as good as the bout with reDRagon, but comparable. I was once again impressed by Monster Mafia. Crowd seemed unfamiliar with who they were to start, but they were getting a good reaction by the end. Great way to start out the show.
Lethal vs Coleman OK match. Nothing spectacular. Good action, but personally I'm not a fan of a lot of Coleman's offense. Like the flipping suplexes where he repeatedly DDT's himself. Or his "touch of death" thing that he did where he hits a weak strike to the heart that has no apparent effect, and then Lethal has a heart attack or something a minute later. Fine for the undercard.
Whitmer vs Bennett vs Young vs ACH One of the best 4CS matches I've seen in quite a while. They were able to keep it interesting without devolving into a total spot-fest the whole time. Interesting dynamic with 3/4 participants being heels. Bennett and Whitmer played up their history with the piledriver. Bennett was quite entertaining tonight. ACH shined as usual. Very enjoyable.
Cole vs Hanson Best match I've seen out of Hanson to date, and I was pleasantly surprised. A couple big spots like a big backdrop on the floor, and Hanson doing a flipping suicide dive and splatting on the floor. Exciting at the finish. I hope Hanson continues to improve and have more matches of this quality.
-Great entertaining heel promo by Cole and the Kingdom afterwards. Start a beatdown on Hanson, Elgin makes the save, Ciampa comes out and they face off, Elgin wants their match NOW!
Elgin vs Ciampa Excellent title defense! If you're a fan of the Ishii/Shibata style, you'll probably love this. Super stiff and some brutal spots throughout although quite a bit of aggressive no selling (but it worked a little better here than usual). Both men looked like dominant powerhouses. At one point there was a big michinoku driver (I think) off the apron (maybe through a table, but from my vantage point hard to tell). Awesome match.
-After the match Ciampa snaps! Attacks the ring crew! Assaults Kevin Kelly and throws him in the ring to give him Project Ciampa! Corino makes the save and they get Kelly out of there. Then after they all leave Ciampa grabs Bobby Cruise and attacks him! 7-8 running corner knee strikes to Bobby Cruise! Holy cow. Interested to see where they go with Ciampa. And we get Scarlett announcing now!
Pearce vs Page Liked it more than Pearce vs Thomas from last night. Pearce was pretty entertaining tonight and Page got in just the right amount of offense. After the match they feigned giving Page respect then beat him up anyways.
Styles vs Alexander Wow. Another great match. Cedric's offense has so many unique moves, an AJ has the pace to match them. People gripe about Cedric's selling, but he really sold his leg throughout the second half of the match. Really a very good match that you should make sure to watch. AJ continued to establish his recent string of outstanding matches and Cedric looked very good as well.
Bucks/reDRagon vs Briscoes/Kaz & Daniels What a main event! This match was crazy! Crowd was super hot from the start and didn't let up; neither did the action. Live impression is this was equally great as the IWGP Junior Tag match from Global Wars. Lots of high flying exciting action from everyone with an insane pace. Surprised that the champs were eliminated first, and by Daniels no less. But that meant we got more Bucks vs Briscoes which is fine by me! What a great ending to a show that built in quality throughout. Everyone needs to be sure to watch this match.

Had a blast at Night 2. Great weekend from ROH.
Northwoods_Nightmare

The Dragon Saga wrote:Was anybody at the actual event so they could provide some more detail? Would be cool.
There you go.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

wow these two shows sound absolutely fantastic, that Tag Match, Elgin/Ciampa and Cedric/Styles should be awesome matches. Probably the best double shot ROH has done all year, judging by the postitive reviews. Can't wait until they're available on VOD!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Thanks for that Nighmare. Estimate on attendance? Pictures look good, I've seen someone say they think it was more then Raising the Bar Night 2 but not sure.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Thanks for that Nighmare. Estimate on attendance? Pictures look good, I've seen someone say they think it was more then Raising the Bar Night 2 but not sure.
No, it was about the same as Raising. Both shows were near sell outs. Only some general admission standing left.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Home from the show. Here's my Night 2 review. Taped for TV. Not sure if Road Rage or what...yada yada yada...mild spoilers. Returning to Chicago on a Thursday at the Night of Hoopla venue, so I'm assuming a similar style event.
Overall thoughts: Definitely a good show. I thought it was better than Night 1. While the atmosphere just isn't there in Chicago like it is in Milwaukee, I think the matches delivered more tonight. May be worth getting the VOD to get the uncut version as there are some very good matches.
I have been skeptical of the arguments on here that Elgin isn't over, but after being live at two shows in a row, I really tend to agree. Now, the matches were fine and Elgin/Ciampa was actually very good, but Elgin just doesn't get the reaction (positive or negative) that the World Champ should be getting. Also, after seeing Styles for the first time this weekend, it's clear that he's on whole other level than the rest of the roster. If they want a champion that's super over and will put on wrestling clinics every show, give the belt to AJ. Heres the matches:
Dark match Future of Honor Six man I didn't catch all the names. Ramon, Ferrara, and Cheeseburger were all involved. Typical pre-show match.
Decade vs Monster Mafia Good match. Maybe not quite as good as the bout with reDRagon, but comparable. I was once again impressed by Monster Mafia. Crowd seemed unfamiliar with who they were to start, but they were getting a good reaction by the end. Great way to start out the show.
Lethal vs Coleman OK match. Nothing spectacular. Good action, but personally I'm not a fan of a lot of Coleman's offense. Like the flipping suplexes where he repeatedly DDT's himself. Or his "touch of death" thing that he did where he hits a weak strike to the heart that has no apparent effect, and then Lethal has a heart attack or something a minute later. Fine for the undercard.
Whitmer vs Bennett vs Young vs ACH One of the best 4CS matches I've seen in quite a while. They were able to keep it interesting without devolving into a total spot-fest the whole time. Interesting dynamic with 3/4 participants being heels. Bennett and Whitmer played up their history with the piledriver. Bennett was quite entertaining tonight. ACH shined as usual. Very enjoyable.
Cole vs Hanson Best match I've seen out of Hanson to date, and I was pleasantly surprised. A couple big spots like a big backdrop on the floor, and Hanson doing a flipping suicide dive and splatting on the floor. Exciting at the finish. I hope Hanson continues to improve and have more matches of this quality.
-Great entertaining heel promo by Cole and the Kingdom afterwards. Start a beatdown on Hanson, Elgin makes the save, Ciampa comes out and they face off, Elgin wants their match NOW!
Elgin vs Ciampa Excellent title defense! If you're a fan of the Ishii/Shibata style, you'll probably love this. Super stiff and some brutal spots throughout although quite a bit of aggressive no selling (but it worked a little better here than usual). Both men looked like dominant powerhouses. At one point there was a big michinoku driver (I think) off the apron (maybe through a table, but from my vantage point hard to tell). Awesome match.
-After the match Ciampa snaps! Attacks the ring crew! Assaults Kevin Kelly and throws him in the ring to give him Project Ciampa! Corino makes the save and they get Kelly out of there. Then after they all leave Ciampa grabs Bobby Cruise and attacks him! 7-8 running corner knee strikes to Bobby Cruise! Holy cow. Interested to see where they go with Ciampa. And we get Scarlett announcing now!
Pearce vs Page Liked it more than Pearce vs Thomas from last night. Pearce was pretty entertaining tonight and Page got in just the right amount of offense. After the match they feigned giving Page respect then beat him up anyways.
Styles vs Alexander Wow. Another great match. Cedric's offense has so many unique moves, an AJ has the pace to match them. People gripe about Cedric's selling, but he really sold his leg throughout the second half of the match. Really a very good match that you should make sure to watch. AJ continued to establish his recent string of outstanding matches and Cedric looked very good as well.
Bucks/reDRagon vs Briscoes/Kaz & Daniels What a main event! This match was crazy! Crowd was super hot from the start and didn't let up; neither did the action. Live impression is this was equally great as the IWGP Junior Tag match from Global Wars. Lots of high flying exciting action from everyone with an insane pace. Surprised that the champs were eliminated first, and by Daniels no less. But that meant we got more Bucks vs Briscoes which is fine by me! What a great ending to a show that built in quality throughout. Everyone needs to be sure to watch this match.

Had a blast at Night 2. Great weekend from ROH.
Agreed with everything except the Monster Mafia match. They got in more offense in this match than any of their matches with ReDragon. That Styles bump to the outside was bad. He fell right in front of me. Usually people would applaud a big bump like that but people was terrified. Glad he got up ok and finished the match. The Styles match was but the Styles/O'Reilly match was damn near perfect match and MOTY imo. The main event was great as well. I had a feeling that Elgin/Ciampa was supposed to be the main event but they changed it during the show after the bore of a main event from Night 1 with Elgin/Young.
Northwoods_Nightmare

damasta414 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Thanks for that Nighmare. Estimate on attendance? Pictures look good, I've seen someone say they think it was more then Raising the Bar Night 2 but not sure.
No, it was about the same as Raising. Both shows were near sell outs. Only some general admission standing left.
Not sure if the attendance was different, but it was set up much nicer with a better look. Tall bleachers for GA on the tv side and a large black backdrop with the blue lighting on the entrance. They went all out on the pipe and drape :lol: .